c16 rebuild ?

artman427

Having my c16 7nz04022 rebuilt any soft ware programs that I should have done at cat like fuel codes 5232 or 6999 with heavy haul program 270-7126, and does that engine have the low-nox program if so can it be replaced with pre-emmision file.I can only go with cat for mods for budget reasons! Thanks

Is anyone looking at my post like Mr. Haney need some advice before tomorrow so I can have tech make the changes. Thank you.

Your cat dealer is being generous or crooked if they are letting you do what you are talking about

I am in ND and I found out they get change codes but can install h/h file, and if I take it to a cat dealer with Dino then they can change injector numbers.

And fls/fts.

As for 800hp acerts from a dealer, all it takes is for the truck to go down at another dealer and a whole **** storm brews. I can see doing that for a local truck, but it's asking for trouble on an over the road.

Last edited:
Even doing it on a local truck anymore is asking for issues. I used to "help people out" on the programming side of things last year but I refuse to do it anymore unless they are a CLOSE friend or family. You never know what kind of chit fit detroit, cummins, or CAT dealers are going to throw when they find something isn't kosher.

Lol, your dealer isn't going to to chit. They don't have anything but the new crap low NoX files. You need pre epa files or aftermarket. I'll send you a PM.

Curious how a dealer is building an 800hp Acert with stock parts. Take some big injectors to do that.

It requires very minimal effort to track that down...
For instance, I can see that the OP's ECM serialized as 2242xx82IK was flashed on 14Apr14 at 6:45 using service tool ET5xx143-8. Work was performed at Michigan Cat dealer code B290 to reset customer passwords, reason code 2. I also have the person who flashed the ECM's CWS username. it took me longer to type this than to obtain that information.

I removed two numbers from the SN's for anonymity.

Last edited:
Exactly as RascalMafia said it is easily tracked in every way. There is a paper trail with everything involving programming an ecm. That paper trail has a source. There is no such thing as an anonymous flash. We have found most dealers are out for blood as well. As soon as they see something that isn't kosher they relay it up the chain. We had a dealer who was deleting EGR on ISX engines get nailed. They thought their laptop was "top secret". Turns out they were using discs from another dealer they obtained. The dealer who the discs originally belonged to got contacted. That dealer was not going to take the heat so they ultimately threw the dealer doing the deletes under the bus.

With the EPA, emissions, warranties, etc... somebody always ends up paying. They do not just give up because it is the easy way out.

Willing to bet on that?

I am not referring to tracks on the ECM being anonymous or not. I am referring to the ability to find out what was done where and one thing leading to another. If said individual were to use another CAT dealer down the road they would probably be asking a lot of questions on where they got the calibration loaded last.

People throw each other under the bus in a hurry if it means money out of their pocket.

I am not referring to tracks on the ECM being anonymous or not. I am referring to the ability to find out what was done where and one thing leading to another. If said individual were to use another CAT dealer down the road they would probably be asking a lot of questions on where they got the calibration loaded last.

People throw each other under the bus in a hurry if it means money out of their pocket.

I was going to say, the dealer tool number doesn't mean anything. It can be made to say it was flashed at an obscure dealer southern NewZealand.

I was going to say, the dealer tool number doesn't mean anything. It can be made to say it was flashed at an obscure dealer southern NewZealand.

No doubt. There is a reason my programming laptop doesn't connect to the internet ;)

Explain to me how you can generate a factory password without using FPS.

PM me, if you like.

Last edited:
Back