Cafryer=buddy f*cker

Well like I said. It was just put in a bag and tossed in a box. Fca wasn't removed or anything. You can see in the pictures the damage to the body from it bouncing around.
As far as I'm concerned it's his fault for packaging it like a terrorist then *****ing out and not making it right for his **** up. Hopefully some of his sponcers see this and decide they don't want their name associated with this type of douche baggery.
I know I won't be buying anything from companies that put their name on this type of ****.

Usually Terrorists have a good reputation for packing things. I mean, if they packed a vest bomb like that pump, they wouldn't make it out of the apartment.

Just saying mate.

You say it looked like Fed Ex played football with it, with no packing just moving around in normal transit it would destroy the box from the inside out. Guarantee that made the box look ten times worse than if it was packed properly.

You say it looked like Fed Ex played football with it, with no packing just moving around in normal transit it would destroy the box from the inside out. Guarantee that made the box look ten times worse than if it was packed properly.

This is exactly right. Anytime I receive a core back with no lacking the box looks like hell.

Not sure how much a cp3 weighs but put 30 lbs in an empty box and pick it up. The sides buckle almost immediately. The seller needs to man up and take care of this. I do not get what is so hard about tossing some packing in. If he owns a shop he probably has a mountain of old packing from parts being shipped in to him.

I agree insurance should always be added it's cheap and the seller/shipper is responsible for packaging correctly for safe transit. UPS and FedEx do investigations on any claims and they would laugh at this being any kind of claim and quickly end the conversation with a claimed being denied.

The empty cardboard box with a loose CP3 & FCA attached getting tossed around for sure wouldn't be covered. His text posted earlier clearly states to the buyer to go pound sand and point the blame elsewhere. Others may have had good dealings with him but this one is far from it and his actions to correct the situation clearly shows just the kind of guy he really is.

Did it ship from a California address? The 801 area code is Salt Lake City. Had he relocated recently?

It is 100% up to the shipper to make sure the package gets there safe.

Spot on. UPS specs require the package to be safe for 3 x 3 foot drops. That doesn't mean 3 foot on the flat bottom either. Drop it 3 times on the same corner from 3 feet. If the package is still intact and contents aren't damaged, it will usually be fine when it gets there. I'm assuming FedEx packaging rules are similar but I NEVER use them because FedEx sucks in my area. At work our shipping guys are constantly shipping paper products around the world. Paper is normally very heavy for the size of box. Similar to these truck parts. Our policy is to wrap every single edge of the box with 2" fiber tape and use UPS approved boxes(200lbs burst strength). And of course, pack the empty spaces well. If the package is over 40lbs it gets double boxed or split to 2 boxes. Even then we still get some bad ones coming back with the box split open. OVER PACKAGE EVERYTHING!

Last edited:
A can of spray foam and two trash bags. 5 bucks tops.

How in the world didn't I ever think of that before. That is super advise. :clap:

You'd have to be out of your mind to ship something like a pump and not insure it if it is anything more than just a core. That is plain stupidity.

How in the world didn't I ever think of that before. That is super advise. :clap:

You'd have to be out of your mind to ship something like a pump and not insure it if it is anything more than just a core. That is plain stupidity.

X2 that's a great idea

What happened with this deal anyway? Did he man up?

To go with the cheap theme. Print shops have tons of waste paper and boxes they will usually throw at you if you ask for them.

Spot on. UPS specs require the package to be safe for 3 x 3 foot drops. That doesn't mean 3 foot on the flat bottom either. Drop it 3 times on the same corner from 3 feet. If the package is still intact and contents aren't damaged, it will usually be fine when it gets there. I'm assuming FedEx packaging rules are similar but I NEVER use them because FedEx sucks in my area. At work our shipping guys are constantly shipping paper products around the world. Paper is normally very heavy for the size of box. Similar to these truck parts. Our policy is to wrap every single edge of the box with 2" fiber tape and use UPS approved boxes(200lbs burst strength). And of course, pack the empty spaces well. If the package is over 40lbs it gets double boxed or split to 2 boxes. Even then we still get some bad ones coming back with the box split open. OVER PACKAGE EVERYTHING!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Its nice to see common sense isnt completely dead yet.

IMO a lot of the problem is simply people just dont care about anyone or anything. They just figure "let someone else deal with it and pay for it". No sense of responsibility to anyone.

To go with the cheap theme. Print shops have tons of waste paper and boxes they will usually throw at you if you ask for them.

So are white towels in hotels. They work good in the shop too.

:hehe:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Its nice to see common sense isnt completely dead yet.

IMO a lot of the problem is simply people just dont care about anyone or anything. They just figure "let someone else deal with it and pay for it". No sense of responsibility to anyone.

NOOOOO!!!! This is America, Jack! It's always soneone else's fault.

This week I received a core VP44 in a box, packed with a hand towel.
This was "packed very well" to the shipper.
I don't know WHY it wasn't broken on the connector or anywhere else when it arrived.

I'm proud of my shipping and the parts I ship, so much so that I stand behind it.

Mark.

It is 100% up to the shipper to make sure the package gets there safe. If the package gets stolen off of your porch that is a different story but as far as shipping damage goes...

The shipper is the only one who can file a claim for shipping damages for a reason. Why people do not put insurance and package it right is beyond me. $10 in packing materials and maybe $10 to add over $1000 insurance on it.

I completely agree with you.
It sounds like you'd dealt with this first hand. How do you get them to actually pay if the package is lost/damaged? Do you have to take picture beforehand, or have a receipt of how much you initially paid? I feel like they could say it was broken before you shipped it.

I completely agree with you.
It sounds like you'd dealt with this first hand. How do you get them to actually pay if the package is lost/damaged? Do you have to take picture beforehand, or have a receipt of how much you initially paid? I feel like they could say it was broken before you shipped it.

If you are shipping used parts then you have to hope you have pictures from beforehand. If you are a business then obviously things go a little smoother.

Everytime I have had to file a claim I just correct the issue myself. They want me to have the customer hold the package so they can pick it up and inspect it. I can't tell a customer to have their truck down for a few days while UPS decides if they diked it up. I sell Class A stuff where we don't have time for that stuff. I am slowly venturing to FedEx as we have had zero issues with them.

If you are shipping used parts then you have to hope you have pictures from beforehand. If you are a business then obviously things go a little smoother.

Everytime I have had to file a claim I just correct the issue myself. They want me to have the customer hold the package so they can pick it up and inspect it. I can't tell a customer to have their truck down for a few days while UPS decides if they diked it up. I sell Class A stuff where we don't have time for that stuff. I am slowly venturing to FedEx as we have had zero issues with them.

Good to know! Thanks for the info.
Now that cell phones are HD cameras, I'm pretty good about taking before pictures, but I forget sometimes for sure...

All of this talk of bad core returns really makes me want to start documenting some of the turbo cores I receive at work. I had a guy ship a fully complete 6.4 Powerstroke twin turbo in a contractor's trash bag with some pillows in it. Needless to say the core was destroyed and credit was not issued. Lol

I've had very good experiences with FedEx, myself.
I have a local FedEx Office that I go to, I carry in my 4 bushel bag of peanuts, parts to pack (usually dirty) and any other materials I need, plop them on a counter for customer packing and go to work.
They have a selection of boxes there, they GIVE me tape to pack with and I'm treated like family, I do it how I like it and they don't second guess me.

That having been said, last year it was ~ $20 to ship a bell housing and fork almost anywhere inside the U.S., yesterday I sent one out and it was ~ $40 to Maryland.
I bitcched. Got the usual "we don't know why" reply.

Even so, a nice, well-stocked place to pack and ship parts is worth a lot to me. :cool:

Mark.

Back