Caltrac's

wrongway

Alright, I got my Caltrac's put on today:woohoo: I adjusted them just the way they said to, the stop just touching the top of the spring. Doe's anyone know if this is the best way to start? Have'nt tried em yet, re-doing the frontend also. Any thought's or idea's? Thank's, Gary

Take the slack out were the roller touches the spring then add 1/2 round of pre-load, max is one full round.

Jim

you also need to remore all but one or two leaves in the spring. I use zero preload with it , and it will stick the tire

Cal Trac bars

Comp461,What is your crankshaft centerline? How high off the ground and how far forward is your IC with the bars/springs? Thanks Jeff

the crank center line is 13 inches . The caltracks are not a four link , so there is no IC ,

UNBROKEN said:
How'd ya like getting that aluminum bushing in ? LOL

Well Rich, lemme put it this way, if it was'nt for the 20 ton press at work I would still be beatin em in. :hehe: :hehe: Gary

Cal Tracs

So your saying that the leafspring would not be like a upper bar on a four link set?Jeff

caltrac

Wow, here's some trivia, I just came across some old notes; J. Fulmer (one of the first diesel drag racers) provided the dimensions to "Calvertracing" back in 2002 for the first set of diesel traction bars. When I bought my white truck, I conferred a lot w/ Jim regarding fueling and hook-up, he sent me to CalTrac (2-10th savings) Last year, I suggested the vary same advice to Greg, however I don't recall hearing or reading what gains the X truck acquired ????

brommosauto said:
Try furoracing.com.1.49 60ft with leaf springs and caltrac.

Nice PS, wow!!! there's no problems out of the hole,:rockwoot:

LOL you mean come out of the hole like a raped ape and then blow up? I couldn't find any full track videos of that rig? High 11s... maybe?

I know this question has been asked before, but where can I find the best deal on a set of caltracs? Thanks...

duke1n said:
LOL you mean come out of the hole like a raped ape and then blow up? I couldn't find any full track videos of that rig? High 11s... maybe?

WoW :doh: Keyboard racing at it's best ... Again. Before you post you should research your information. Might give you some insight :shake:

DJ :evil

duke1n said:

Click here to see Video

So where is your truck Dookie ??

Mine's got a new Suncoast and a date with a TRACK .

:eek:wned:

But if its any consolation for you, there will be another Dodge (on leafs) this year 60'ing this good, thanks to Furo.:clap:

We all just need some warm weather and an open track.:bang

Back