Caltrac's

LMFAO so Rich calls me out with a little good natured ribbing and I respond in kind and now I'm the keyboard racer? You guys have to be the biggest bunch of pea brained clowns out there and I love all of ya. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I went to the track and can say they made a world of difference:woohoo: The truck actually has some track manner's now. I put down a 1.57 60 ft. time, before they were 1.62 to 1.70's. I am very pleased with them, and Greg I did eliminate all the leaf's in the spring's except for the two main one's. The Caltrac's took out all that twisting and groaning, thank's for the advice. Gary:Cheer:

wrongway said:
Alright, I went to the track and can say they made a world of difference:woohoo: The truck actually has some track manner's now. I put down a 1.57 60 ft. time, before they were 1.62 to 1.70's. I am very pleased with them, and Greg I did eliminate all the leaf's in the spring's except for the two main one's. The Caltrac's took out all that twisting and groaning, thank's for the advice. Gary:Cheer:

:clap:

I'd say that's an improvement ! Keep playing with them, there's probably more !

:Cheer:

djdieseltech said:
WoW :doh: Keyboard racing at it's best ... Again. Before you post you should research your information. Might give you some insight :shake:

DJ :evil
Sorry, I just got around to watching the video. What am I suppose to research? Sounded like green apple splatters to me lol.

wrongway:

Great post on your Caltracs!

Like you, I also bought and installed a set on my 1996 Dodge CTD, Ext. Cab.,LB, 4X4 Auto and my first time to try them was at the "Outer Banks Bounty Hunter Diesel Drags" in Creswell, N.C. They worked GREAT and cut my 1/8th mile 60 ft. time by 1/10th, cut my E.T. by 2/10ths of a second (7.5 vs 7.3) and they raised my top speed in the eighth mile by a little over one mile per hour. I will get a chance to try them on the 1/4 mile next weekend when we go to "Mopar at the Rock" at Rockingham, N.C. and will let you guys know how they do there.

Before the install of the Caltracs, I had major problems with my rear end bouncing and jumping all over at anything above about 15lbs. of boost! The tires would also be spinning and squealing for about 15 feet after the staging lanes even in 4WD High! The Caltracs seemed to have STOPPED all of that!

Here is a video link of a run I made at our 1/4 mile track here locally. On this run I was bouncing at the line even though you may not be able to see it. If you listen you can hear my tires squealing off the line though:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OjcEE8uwoP8

This next video link is of my qualifying run at the "OBX Bounty Hunter Diesel Drags" in Creswell, N.C. You will see a BIG difference in the way the truck leaves the line and that launch was with about 20lbs. of boost:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FH05ByEyuEc

The Staff at "Calvert Racing" were truly great people to deal with and IMO their customer service is excellent! I agree with you guys that the aluminum spacers are hard to get in the front of the spring though. One of mine went in fairly good, but the second one was harder.

--------
John_P

Great Customer Service

The Calvert Customer service is first class IMHO.:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Back