Carbon Fiber Work

Can you post up more pics of what work you have done? doesn't matter to me if its import

Do you have any results on your carbon fiber stacks?

Sure hope this amounts to something...

I will get more pics up as soon as I can. I got my photobucket account set up, now I just need time to get the pics loaded.

Latest on the stacks- molds completed, in the process of making the doublers and waiting on more carbon fiber to arrive. The design weave on this first stack is going to be a surprise and I think you guys will flip out when you see it. The resin manufacture assures me he has parts that are being used in temps up to 400 degrees...we will see. I have to go TDY next month for three weeks so please bare with me, I assure you, I'm not blowing smoke up your skurt on this but it still has to be tested first.

How about a set of Carbon Fiber Fender flares?

Yes, it is possible but I would need a flare to replicate a mold from. Would these flares be subjected to impacts from dirt, rocks or other debris? If so the carbon fiber would not be suited for this application, we may have to consider an Aramid fiber (Kevlar) which is ballistic. If this for a drag race vehicle then not a problem. I could do wheel tubes as well.

Yes, it is possible but I would need a flare to replicate a mold from. Would these flares be subjected to impacts from dirt, rocks or other debris? If so the carbon fiber would not be suited for this application, we may have to consider an Aramid fiber (Kevlar) which is ballistic. If this for a drag race vehicle then not a problem. I could do wheel tubes as well.

Ohhh...I like that last little part.

I would rather line x fender flares. Carbon fiber would be a waste of money on flares.

I should have pics of my dash up tonight it is done. I will get some other shots of projects Garrett has done on his own truck.

Why is that gay? They shud never break, fade, chip, or crack... Thats badass, not gay

Carbon fiber is for lightening with strength. Not for looks.

Carbon fiber is like smoke, if your truck isn't fast, it shouldn't have it.

Carbon fiber trinkets is rice.

Don't get me wrong, carbon fiber has it's place. But, fender flares, pedal covers, and fuel doors is rice to me.

Now race truck parts in carbon fiber is cool!

Carbon fiber is for lightening with strength. Not for looks.

Carbon fiber is like smoke, if your truck isn't fast, it shouldn't have it.

Carbon fiber trinkets is rice.

Last I checked this is America and you can have carbon fiber on a '73 Pinto if you want...who cares if you have a fast smokey truck. The cost of good carbon fiber work will detract anyone from making trinkets however, if you want a carbon fiber look that is possible too, it's called hydrographics or commonly known as water transfer printing. I'm at work right now but when I get home I will post a couple pictures of the stuff I've done.

Last I checked this is America and you can have carbon fiber on a '73 Pinto if you want...who cares if you have a fast smokey truck. The cost of good carbon fiber work will detract anyone from making trinkets however, if you want a carbon fiber look that is possible too, it's called hydrographics or commonly known as water transfer printing. I'm at work right now but when I get home I will post a couple pictures of the stuff I've done.

Sorry. I came off wrong.

I was trying to say that using carbon fiber for looks was not my thing. I think carbon fiber is awesome stuff, and looks beautiful.

I just don't agree with spending money on carbon fiber mud flaps, fender flares, and floormats.

But like oldskool said it's a free country.

Here is some of the work a guy out here is doing. More to come his entire engine bay in this red ranger is getting carbon fiber trim panels and his cage is getting inserts.

Here is my dash that is close to being done. Still needs to be mounted and trim on dash secured.

2011-07-30173450.jpg

His completely CF wing that is done. The brackets are getting powder coated next week.

2011-07-30173517.jpg

Here is some of the work a guy out here is doing. More to come his entire engine bay in this red ranger is getting carbon fiber trim panels and his cage is getting inserts.

Here is my dash that is close to being done. Still needs to be mounted and trim on dash secured.

2011-07-30173450.jpg

His completely CF wing that is done. The brackets are getting powder coated next week.

2011-07-30173517.jpg
Sweet! What's he charging for your dash?

Honestly I don't know I got a package deal with some other work. I can find out what kind of tag he would put on just that.

Back