Carbon Fiber Work

How expensive is carbon fiber?

Like what would it cost to get someone to do front fenders and a hood for a race application?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If it was a piece that was molded and mass produced it would still be expensive. But obviously no one will have a setup like that for our trucks. A one off deal would be high dollar for a front end.

After googling some of the CF hoods for the little imports I would venture to say a CF hood for a 2nd or 3rd gen would probably be at least $800. Probably closer to $1k.

i still think you would sell moe 2nd gen dashes than anyhting else you make..hell id buy one

Alright how many committed buyers do you need to make a few :D

I'm adamantly not knowledgeable about Dodge interiors so I did some looking around and found there are at least three pieces to the dash unit. Are you guys looking for the dash bezel, the top or bottom pieces? Can you post or send me some pics?

The top piece mainly. It's constantly exposed to the sun and always ends up cracking and breaking. I've got a new cup holder in the center of the one on my '94. LOL But I imagine a lot of people would be interested in all three.

Last edited:
So you had carbon fiber dashes on eBay before? And I thing there a thread on here of an install with one of the LMC dashes and it was pretty much a perfect fit. I figure if you got two of those (one 94-97 and one 98-02) from LMC they would make great models to go off of. And I bet you could even get some forum members to buy you one in exchange to "TEST" out one of the carbon fiber units, WINK WINK :D but seriously send me a pm of your interested...

Thank you, this is some great info for me. I did some of these on eBay but not sure they fit as good as OE parts. What do you think?
Can you estimate what a dash would run? I don't see a lot of people on here wanting t spend the cash. I don't think they realize what it cost.

I might be wrong though.

So you had carbon fiber dashes on eBay before? And I thing there a thread on here of an install with one of the LMC dashes and it was pretty much a perfect fit. I figure if you got two of those (one 94-97 and one 98-02) from LMC they would make great models to go off of. And I bet you could even get some forum members to buy you one in exchange to "TEST" out one of the carbon fiber units, WINK WINK :D but seriously send me a pm of your interested...

I just installed one last week and it was just like putting a stocker in, some very very very slight mis-alignment in one spot but I wouldn't expect a stock dash to be any better

Back