Changing superstreet to a 10.5-10.9 index class

Bruce,

NHRDA (And ALL events IMO) should be at the safety breaks. That way people can still race heads up and go as fast as their safety equipment allows. That being said, a truck built to run a 10.50 Index would still be competitive in a 10.00 Index.

People need to remember, this diesel racing does not have near the participation yet as the gas events. What that means is in a 10.00 Index class at a diesel event, most people are not going to be running 10.0X (if any at all). Anybody running from low 11's to 10.0 is going to have a chance

Greg if you attended more than one nhrda event a yr, the rest of us might care.

As funny as Robs posts have been in this thread. The sad thing is I still think he would be hard to beat even if you can make the index number.

As funny as Robs posts have been in this thread. The sad thing is I still think he would be hard to beat even if you can make the index number.

this is true, the dmax's he tunes around here that run brackets are dialed right in, i hate them so much:nail:

Greg if you attended more than one nhrda event a yr, the rest of us might care.

Shawn,

I have raced at TS, Outlaw events in NC, GA, and VA, the DHRA, NHRDA, and NADM since 2002. I think I have earned the right to voice my opinion about diesel drag racing

I only made one NHRDA race this year due to schedule conflicts with more important things in life.

But I would be willing to bet a large chunk of money that I attend and race in nearly twice the amount of events than most people posting in this thread:blahblah1: I race at least twice a month from April through November and that does not include the "diesel only" events I attend.

I, along with everyone else would like to see diesel drag racing grow. I race in a racing series that is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm just trying to share the classes that are used to make that happen. Unless classes in diesel drag racing are made to include as opposed to exclude, it is only going to to die a slow death.

Personally, I just want to race and that is exactly what I do. I do love going to the diesel events because of the people and my long time friends. But in all honesty, the racing itself is much better and more competitive at the gasser events I race in regularly.

I don't agree with you Greg, at least not at the tracks I run. The NHRA sactioned tracks here give one warning, doesn't matter racing in an event or T & T. No exceptions. If you return to the track at a later date, you will be asked to leave if you don't have the equipment. They don't care what is on your window here, but what your ET or MPH is.
Greg, it may be our proximity to Glendora, but my experience is similar to Rob's - you run under, you get one warning (and the run is disallowed). In the case of eliminations (like the example I described above) that would mean forfeiting the run.

NO THROTTLE STOPS ALLOWED

I am not talking about NHRA .90 Index racing with throttle stops!! That is the most boring, worst kind of racing ever!!

The 11.50, 10.00, and 8.50 classes are foot brake or transbrake classes only. NO ELECTRONICS.

And NO, 95% of the cars in these classes do not have the safety equipment to go faster than the index.

The non-electronics index racing I have seen allows throttle stops (simple mechanical ones), but NOT timed throttle stops or delay boxes, just to clarify. I have run these classes with a Dedenbear plate throttle stop that is electrically disconnected, so it is in the same position the whole way down the track.

But I would be willing to bet a large chunk of money that I attend and race in nearly twice the amount of events than most people posting in this thread:blahblah1: I race at least twice a month from April through November and that does not include the "diesel only" events I attend.

I, along with everyone else would like to see diesel drag racing grow. I race in a racing series that is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm just trying to share the classes that are used to make that happen. Unless classes in diesel drag racing are made to include as opposed to exclude, it is only going to to die a slow death.

I know you said MOST, but some of us race 2x a week!

As far as non-electronics index racing, it was very popular here a few years ago, but is dying a very quick death. At one recent event there were a total of 8 index cars (of the varying indexes) so they combined them all into one class. Trust me, it sucked to be on a pro tree and be running a 9.60 index against an 11.60 index car! At the other race I didn't bother entering the index class since I suspected I had a wounded converter and there were only 2 cars entered. The index classes here are run with the same "heads-up or die" group of people that hang out on Yellowbullet, and there is so much infighting that it distracts from the racing. Many cars remain parked as people refuse to race with people they don't like. I honestly had a great time racing in those races, but it appears to be dying around here. That said, it is doing well at the few race tracks in California that still run, so there is hope.

Greg, it may be our proximity to Glendora, but my experience is similar to Rob's - you run under, you get one warning (and the run is disallowed). In the case of eliminations (like the example I described above) that would mean forfeiting the run.

The non-electronics index racing I have seen allows throttle stops (simple mechanical ones), but NOT timed throttle stops or delay boxes, just to clarify. I have run these classes with a Dedenbear plate throttle stop that is electrically disconnected, so it is in the same position the whole way down the track.

Here are the rules:

8.50 Index - 1/4 mile racing, 16 car qualified field
1. .400 Pro tree heads up with 7 second auto start
2. Minimum weight 2800 lbs, N/A S/B -300 lbs B/B -200
3. Deep staging permitted but auto start will be on at ALL times. Courtesy staging advised.
4. Full bodied street appearing car only - No roadsters, altered, dragsters
5. Lettering allowed on windows only
6. NO full round or square tube chassis
7. Stock style front suspension (bolt on aftermarket parts accepted)
8. Tran brake & two step allowed
9. Throttle stop/controllers, delay boxes/devices PROHIBITED
10. Automatic shifters PROHIBITED
11. Mufflers mandatory, Turbos are considered mufflers.
12. Car & Driver must meet NHRA & track safety rules
13. Gasoline or alcohol only (Nitro prohibited)
14. Max tire size of 33 x 10.5w
15. NHRA Pro ladder
16. All entries must be driven under own power from shutdown to scales. Towing everywhere else is permitted

10.00 and 11.50 Index - 1/4 mile racing, 16 car qualified field
1..500 Pro tree
2. Full bodied street cars only. No race car lettering.
3.Finished interiors.
4. Lexan windows permitted.
5. Mufflers mandatory ( inserts are NOT mufflers)
6. Any tire suitable for racing, Must fit inside Wheelwells. Max tire size 30x13.5 D.O.T.,29.5x10.5 non w slick .
7. Gasoline only ( alcohol and nitro prohibited, E85 permitted)
8. Stock frame and back half cars permitted (full round or square chassis cars prohibited)
9.Tubs allowed. No Wheelie bars allowed.
10. Pnuematic and electric throttle stops prohibited
11. Delay devices prohibited ( 2step and trans brake allowed)
12. Any type power adder permitted.
13. NHRA Pro ladder
14. Deep staging permitted but auto start will be on at ALL times.
15. Full front bench seat or 2 front bucket seats mandatory

I know you said MOST, but some of us race 2x a week!

A diesel?

As far as non-electronics index racing, it was very popular here a few years ago, but is dying a very quick death. At one recent event there were a total of 8 index cars (of the varying indexes) so they combined them all into one class. Trust me, it sucked to be on a pro tree and be running a 9.60 index against an 11.60 index car! At the other race I didn't bother entering the index class since I suspected I had a wounded converter and there were only 2 cars entered. The index classes here are run with the same "heads-up or die" group of people that hang out on Yellowbullet, and there is so much infighting that it distracts from the racing. Many cars remain parked as people refuse to race with people they don't like. I honestly had a great time racing in those races, but it appears to be dying around here. That said, it is doing well at the few race tracks in California that still run, so there is hope.

That is bracket racing, not Index racing. :confused:

And as far as bracket racing on a Pro Tree, I run that class at the Street Car Shoot Outs and the Yellowbullet...It is called Pro Dial.

Here are the rules:

8.50 Index - 1/4 mile racing, 16 car qualified field
1. .400 Pro tree heads up with 7 second auto start
2. Minimum weight 2800 lbs, N/A S/B -300 lbs B/B -200
3. Deep staging permitted but auto start will be on at ALL times. Courtesy staging advised.
4. Full bodied street appearing car only - No roadsters, altered, dragsters
5. Lettering allowed on windows only
6. NO full round or square tube chassis
7. Stock style front suspension (bolt on aftermarket parts accepted)
8. Tran brake & two step allowed
9. Throttle stop/controllers, delay boxes/devices PROHIBITED
10. Automatic shifters PROHIBITED
11. Mufflers mandatory, Turbos are considered mufflers.
12. Car & Driver must meet NHRA & track safety rules
13. Gasoline or alcohol only (Nitro prohibited)
14. Max tire size of 33 x 10.5w
15. NHRA Pro ladder
16. All entries must be driven under own power from shutdown to scales. Towing everywhere else is permitted

10.00 and 11.50 Index - 1/4 mile racing, 16 car qualified field
1..500 Pro tree
2. Full bodied street cars only. No race car lettering.
3.Finished interiors.
4. Lexan windows permitted.
5. Mufflers mandatory ( inserts are NOT mufflers)
6. Any tire suitable for racing, Must fit inside Wheelwells. Max tire size 30x13.5 D.O.T.,29.5x10.5 non w slick .
7. Gasoline only ( alcohol and nitro prohibited, E85 permitted)
8. Stock frame and back half cars permitted (full round or square chassis cars prohibited)
9.Tubs allowed. No Wheelie bars allowed.
10. Pnuematic and electric throttle stops prohibited
11. Delay devices prohibited ( 2step and trans brake allowed)
12. Any type power adder permitted.
13. NHRA Pro ladder
14. Deep staging permitted but auto start will be on at ALL times.
15. Full front bench seat or 2 front bucket seats mandatory

A diesel?

That is bracket racing, not Index racing. :confused:

And as far as bracket racing on a Pro Tree, I run that class at the Street Car Shoot Outs and the Yellowbullet...It is called Pro Dial.

Dang, that's an awful lot of rules for an index class! Why do they care what kind of tires you run? That 11.50 class sounds pretty fun though!

Yes, when they combined the dang index classes it really became a pro tree bracket race but still had the dialing difficulty of an index race. Worse yet, 1st round they had the tree set on "package attack" mode, with people leaving heads-up despite having different dials.

We used to race pro tree bracket racing around here, and I did pretty well at it (at least 2 track championships that I can recall). I did it with both the slowest car in the class and one of the fastest ones. The slow car had the advantage of a clean look at the tree.

As far as racing a diesel that often, I do race my truck every week when we're in the "heat" of the racing season, but I don't run it on our weeknight races since we are also running my daughter's Jr dragster. As soon as my race truck is done I plan to run it 2x a week.

Dang, that's an awful lot of rules for an index class! Why do they care what kind of tires you run? That 11.50 class sounds pretty fun though!

Because it's a "Street Car Shootout". They want to keep the typical "Big Tire" .90 Index cars out of it. There is both a heads up and bracket class for "Big Tire" cars though. No classes at this series allow throttle stops or electronics.

2012 Rules for The Street car Shootout. - Yellow Bullet Forums

Ok just throwing this out there, but if nhrda does exactly what other organizations do, what makes them different from them. If there the same, why would there be a diesl organization that's different

So we can hang out with diesel friends but have trucks setup to race in more local events. Imagine the new gear heads it would intrest if they kept getting beat buy diesels, seems like a win win to me.

Everytime i go to a gasser race they are shocked that a heavy truck can go as fast as they can, do they care? Not sure, does it make them want to race thier tow pigs... probably but i dont know if either way will get more people to show.

The very best racing at the world finals was the 11.90 index class. The races were close and the trucks quick enough that the crowd was really intoo it

I know. Index racing was definitely my favorite to watch. Ill be racing 11.90 next year unless an index class that's faster comes about.

Since this thread was brought back up to the top. Super Street still seems to be a 10 second truck class, Roger Smith won it running mid to low 10's all day.

Back