Cheaters in Work Stock classes.

You need to look at the real world. Rules are meant to give limits. Going the extra mile to make it better is the American way.
It’s not cheating if you are finding ways make it work , and stay within the rules
I thrive on restrictive rules competition; it’s what makes innovators look at every way to make more power. Give me a set of rules and I will find every way possible around every issue and stay within the letter of the rules. You need only to look at Stock ,Super Stock , Comp and any other call with rules .
In stock you are limited to maximum valve lift of .430.The answer is to purposely put the engine in a controlled valve float , and loft the valve open to get more lift.
You cannot angle mill heads, but it doesn’t say you can’t angle mill the block.

You cannot control the innovation of the American Hot Rodder , or puller.
The answer is to use your brain and get to work making power , and quite whining

I help these individuals everyday

Perhaps you misunderstand from where it is that I come.

This statement above, I agree with 100%. I am not whining at all, just sharing an opinion. Competition is another key ingredient to good American sportsmanship. Use the system to your advantage.

Oh no, man ... not hating on anyone. I guess what I was referring to is a person, such as one who may show up "late" to avoid tech. Or, a person who competes in a class they KNOW they do not belong. Has it ever happened that a guy who enter into a class, that has not been teched with a bigger turbo, or hidden power adder like water/meth? That is why "stock appearing" has disappeared from many pulling leagues turbo language.

By all means do what you can creatively, and we all know there are some very creative people who know how to use the rules to their advantage. That is sportsmanship. However, within sportsmanship, don't be dishonest just so you can win a class. That is all that I am saying. Integrity is the key and so is conscience, even though there are people out there that have none. A person without conscience and integrity should have no part in any sport.

And pulling in 2 classes. sounds like he should have gone up a class, not down to WS. That to me seems unfair to the rest of the WS pullers. $

I dont see the point of this whole thread. Sure i like to win like anyone else, but its also just a sport. your not gonna get rich doing it. heck you can win every ws pull in your state and have one bad break and be in the negitive. If you dont like getting beat by people that have more money stay home. Every year its something new. when i first started pulling it was "cheatin duramaxes" because we all kno a cummins cant lose. Now its people dropping down. the rules are black and white and pullers need to learn to play in the shades of gray area like every other motor sport out there. As far as im concerend it aint cheating till you get caught. If you think someone is cheating man up and call them out at a pull and pay to get them teched. quit crying on the net about it.

Oh no, man ... not hating on anyone. I guess what I was referring to is a person, such as one who may show up "late" to avoid tech. Or, a person who competes in a class they KNOW they do not belong. Has it ever happened that a guy who enter into a class, that has not been teched with a bigger turbo, or hidden power adder like water/meth? That is why "stock appearing" has disappeared from many pulling leagues turbo language.

By all means do what you can creatively, and we all know there are some very creative people who know how to use the rules to their advantage. That is sportsmanship. However, within sportsmanship, don't be dishonest just so you can win a class. That is all that I am saying. Integrity is the key and so is conscience, even though there are people out there that have none. A person without conscience and integrity should have no part in any sport.

In the COTPA classes - only the top trucks are teched - they are quarantined at the end of the track until the class is over - then the trucks are gone through. This reduces the number of trucks teched for a single class from 50 down to 7. Show up as late as you like - if your in the top 7 you get teched. They pay five places, so seven trucks takes care of anyone that might get DQ'd from the class.

honestly if you want to rule out some of the rule bending, just make people compete in the highest class possible, or like what is for say ayso soccer....you can always play up, but once you do, you cant play down....

No, the problem with the sport is people whining and b!tching on the internet that their stock or slightly modified truck that they don't want to spend the time and money building can't compete in a WS class at their local fair in front of their buddies so they want the the rules changed.

:rockwoot: I like the way you think, I was just tryin to provide ideas. I agree, if someone is willing to read rules and foot the bill to get the most out of them, then give the crowd what they want! :nos:

In the COTPA classes - only the top trucks are teched - they are quarantined at the end of the track until the class is over - then the trucks are gone through. This reduces the number of trucks teched for a single class from 50 down to 7. Show up as late as you like - if your in the top 7 you get teched. They pay five places, so seven trucks takes care of anyone that might get DQ'd from the class.

I like that! Hoods down and park the truck! I have no problem with that at all.

i hate how alot of pulls around here in my area had a diesel class, most ppl have stock,maybe some tuners/fuel mods on their truck but nothing else. then there is a 2.8 and 3.0 puller duramaxs, owned by son/father that pull and then brag for beating stock trucks. i just dont get it. and somehow its ok for them to pull with the stock trucks....

The Armstrongs...I've pulled against em once. Prolly will a few times next season. Nice people tho

Well said :thankyou2:. Where I pulled last summer I was the "cheating duramax guy" and it gets old when you build your truck to the W/S rules and they tech you every time and can't find anything illeal and still get mad because you consistently win. I don't understand guys like that :kick:

I dont see the point of this whole thread. Sure i like to win like anyone else, but its also just a sport. your not gonna get rich doing it. heck you can win every ws pull in your state and have one bad break and be in the negitive. If you dont like getting beat by people that have more money stay home. Every year its something new. when i first started pulling it was "cheatin duramaxes" because we all kno a cummins cant lose. Now its people dropping down. the rules are black and white and pullers need to learn to play in the shades of gray area like every other motor sport out there. As far as im concerend it aint cheating till you get caught. If you think someone is cheating man up and call them out at a pull and pay to get them teched. quit crying on the net about it.

No, the problem with the sport is people whining and b!tching on the internet that their stock or slightly modified truck that they don't want to spend the time and money building can't compete in a WS class at their local fair in front of their buddies so they want the the rules changed.

:woohoo: 3!

:bow: Boy, does this statement ring true :clap: In addition, it's not just on the Internet, it's at the Pulls too :doh:
Here in Florida for the past year I've Pulled in WS. I enjoy it and probably will do it for another year or so before stepping it up. I've been banned from WS with one sled and at certain venues they do not want me Pulling WS. Why, because they claim I'm not stock. Not one person who has ever made that claim has ever gone through my truck. The invitation is always there. I still retain my plastic intercooler and I still run my factory air box. Friends say it as a joke, people who aren't, are the ones that piss and moan the most.

We came up with new rules this year, something that hasn't been etched in stone before. We now have a Stock Class and a Work Stock Class. Work Stock you're allowed to hang and block the suspension. Stock appearing turbo. You always want fresh blood getting hooked. We don't want to run them off. When I first started watching these guys, I had the ability to set my stock truck up like the 2.6 guys. Setup has proven itself and it was cheaper than going out and pouring money into all these available engine mods. With that one Sled, my only option was to run with the 2.6 class. So, I hung, blocked and enjoyed every minute that I was hooked to that sled.

So, I build toward the rules. I also keep in mind other Pulls that I will run, out of the State of Florida. I enjoyed the Straight Diesel Pulls, I will be attending more of them next year.

And I drove my truck to every Pull. And to a majority of the Pulls, I trailered an opponent as well. I unhitched from the gooseneck and jumped into the festivities. This truck was the daily driver. This year, I won't be pushing that luck anymore. Driving 520 miles one way to a Pull, Pulling and driving home the next day is just stupidity. I bought another truck, to tow my WS truck on the back of the gooseneck I have already owned for sometime.

05Smoker nailed it earlier. Stop b!tching and use that energy to step up your junk to where it needs to be in whatever class you will be partaking in. Winners keep winning and losers keep whining. When whining all the time, your view will never change. You will always be seeing that mark set ahead of yours. Run your junk, not your mouth.

It;s easy to see where this is going 700hp ws 900hp for 2.6. that's the way it's going to be. The only thing is it's hard to get new blood that way.

man this whole thread is hilarious. it makes me wanna be the guy that drops down with my built motor dmax and a stock-appearing charger and hear ppl cry.......LOL i like the sport and think that the ws class would be fun to pull in so y not maybe thats what ill do next year:doh: or not

man this whole thread is hilarious. it makes me wanna be the guy that drops down with my built motor dmax and a stock-appearing charger and hear ppl cry.......LOL i like the sport and think that the ws class would be fun to pull in so y not maybe thats what ill do next year:doh: or not

Will and Kyle would love it if you did Joe, lol!:poke:

Maybe theres needs to be a class added... Modified Workstock ... basically a workstock truck, daily driven, but allowed to run the bigger chargers etc, but arent fully setup to run 2.6 .... probably an Epic Fail but just an idea...

Maybe theres needs to be a class added... Modified Workstock ... basically a workstock truck, daily driven, but allowed to run the bigger chargers etc, but arent fully setup to run 2.6 .... probably an Epic Fail but just an idea...

that is EXACTLY how the 2.6 class came to be.... it started with 2.5 class where WS level trucks (particularly 12V and 24V dodges because their stocker sucked the hind teet of the CR trucks) wanted small chargers... then it went 2.6 so people could buy "off the shelf" 66mm chargers readily available from most companies making charger kits for all three brands. When they went from 2.5 to 2.6 they also let the CR add dual cp3 because the ppump was about to lay waste to anything with a single cp3 on it. Then we all know what the 2.6 class has become in the last couple of years since it started...

History lesson for the day. :Cheer:

Back