Cheaters in Work Stock classes.

No, the problem with the sport is people whining and b!tching on the internet that their stock or slightly modified truck that they don't want to spend the time and money building can't compete in a WS class at their local fair in front of their buddies so they want the the rules changed.

x3 :woohoo:

No, the problem with the sport is people whining and b!tching on the internet that their stock or slightly modified truck that they don't want to spend the time and money building can't compete in a WS class at their local fair in front of their buddies so they want the the rules changed.

you sir, may very well have the best post in this entire thread! :lolly:

im trailering my truck every where, what fun is it when im 3hrs from home, and i drop a drive shaft, or loose and injector or anything! i sure as hell cant just hitch a ride b/c im on the way for some one!

no that trailer in rule would ruin alot of pulls, i dont wanna see alot of 16yr olds that "cranked up the fuel" on thier cummins or "chiped" thier strokers pull all night long.

We went to a couple pulls this year that had a semi-organized group of trucks that were obviously street driven trucks. At one pull, they all came in together, one bringing an empty flatbed. They pulled in the 2.6 class, but they let them enter at the beginning of the class. After 2 or 3 of them pulled, it was very obvious that competition was keen between them. One would pull into the lead, (around 230ft) and a clenched fist was raised out the window. Another took the lead and his train horn blasted on his exit. They had a few fans cheering wildly. When the true 2.6 trucks hooked, they all fell out of the money, but I believe they had a great time. I see nothing wrong with any of this. It gets new pullers interested in the sport, boosted entry money for the promoter, and the guys had bragging rights amongst themselves for weeks. Anyone thinking the money end of that was unfair, obviously never built a competitive pulling truck. I hope this becomes a frequent occurrence next year.

After 2 or 3 of them pulled, it was very obvious that competition was keen between them. .

Pops, that is exactly how Diesel pulling started, one class, Mitchell, Haisley, Gresh, Scheid was out front at 300, the group of fuel turner uppers at 200, and pure stocks behind us.
Three separate classes in one class.Nobody complained(until Rockwells, dropboxes showed up) and it was very competitive.
Now, there is several classes, but somebody always wants one more class so they can win it. Kind of sad.

great post

so let me get this straight , if a guy is legal by all of the rules , and he wins he is cheating , and should be bumped up to the next class.

Here is the long and short of it, rules are rules, and trying to make it a level playing field between the guy that runs a chip, and a guy that works hand, and built a good combination staying within the rules, its called communism.
It’s not called cheating its called super tuning.

If a guy’s wants to compete in any enter level class, it’s his right to do the best he can according to the amount he want to spend. Is it fair….. yes it is , is it right , possibly, is it within the spirit of the rules , no…….

My answer is simple , make the people waiting to pull in these classes hitch on to a trailer with XXX amount of weight on it , and drive to a given point say 10 miles out , uses a provided digital camera , and take a picture of their truck in front of that spot, and drive back. Show the picture to the official. And hand off the trailer and camera to the next truck, you could more than likely get 3 or 4 trailers from U-Haul for advertising , put a banner on the trailer , saying follow me back to a pull.

Last edited:
Pops, that is exactly how Diesel pulling started, one class, Mitchell, Haisley, Gresh, Scheid was out front at 300, the group of fuel turner uppers at 200, and pure stocks behind us.
Three separate classes in one class.Nobody complained(until Rockwells, dropboxes showed up) and it was very competitive.
Now, there is several classes, but somebody always wants one more class so they can win it. Kind of sad.

I like roots.
IMO there is a huge difference in a person within the rules and has the integrity to build within the rules, as opposed to the person who tries to dishonestly manipulate the rules so that he/she has the best possible chance of winning in a lower class. I just read in one of the diesel magazines that one or more competitors competed in 2.6, 2.8, and Open ... one of which placed lower in one of the "lower classes" and won in the Open class (not saying this person was dishonest). So, everybody likes to win, but to say that "somebody always wants one more class so they can win" is simply not true. IMHO just be an honest sportsman about what you got and don't manipulate the rules.

For the Dmax crowd, (stock motor and turbo) good tuning (e.g. NOT A canned tuner), a built trans, and perhaps a front locker (along with accompanying IFS mods) can compete competitively and consistently in Work Stock.

My answer is simple , make the people waiting to pull in these classes hitch on to a trailer with XXX amount of weight on it , and drive to a given point say 10 miles out , uses a provided digital camera , and take a picture of their truck in front of that spot, and drive back. Show the picture to the official. And hand off the trailer and camera to the next truck, you could more than likely get 3 or 4 trailers from U-Haul for advertising , put a banner on the trailer , saying follow me back to a pull.

What insight JP, you could also limit entries to only people born after the 23rd of each month.

Pullers have been reading between the lines in the rule book since there were rules written...why is this still shocking to people?

Chris

:bang Again, there is a difference between "reading between the lines" and dishonest gain ... IMO
Pullers have been reading between the lines in the rule book since there were rules written...why is this still shocking to people?

Chris

:bang Again, there is a difference between "reading between the lines" and dishonest gain ... IMO

Can you give an example of "dishonest gain"? If the rules are written in a way that a creative person can use the rules to thier advantage - whats the issue? Everyone has that opportunity - don't hate on people that are following the rules to thier advantage.

haha your funny. im not whinning or *****ing. i sold that truck and working on a straight 12 valve puller now for next season. so go ahead and talk ****... but im talking about he damn fact that in a ****ing work stock class you have duramaxes whistling louder then 6.0 powerstrokes. owning that class. then going to a bigger class then owning that one ass well......

I like roots.
IMO there is a huge difference in a person within the rules and has the integrity to build within the rules, as opposed to the person who tries to dishonestly manipulate the rules so that he/she has the best possible chance of winning in a lower class. I just read in one of the diesel magazines that one or more competitors competed in 2.6, 2.8, and Open ... one of which placed lower in one of the "lower classes" and won in the Open class (not saying this person was dishonest). So, everybody likes to win, but to say that "somebody always wants one more class so they can win" is simply not true. IMHO just be an honest sportsman about what you got and don't manipulate the rules.

For the Dmax crowd, (stock motor and turbo) good tuning (e.g. NOT A canned tuner), a built trans, and perhaps a front locker (along with accompanying IFS mods) can compete competitively and consistently in Work Stock.

You need to look at the real world. Rules are meant to give limits. Going the extra mile to make it better is the American way.
It’s not cheating if you are finding ways make it work , and stay within the rules
I thrive on restrictive rules competition; it’s what makes innovators look at every way to make more power. Give me a set of rules and I will find every way possible around every issue and stay within the letter of the rules. You need only to look at Stock ,Super Stock , Comp and any other call with rules .
In stock you are limited to maximum valve lift of .430.The answer is to purposely put the engine in a controlled valve float , and loft the valve open to get more lift.
You cannot angle mill heads, but it doesn’t say you can’t angle mill the block.

You cannot control the innovation of the American Hot Rodder , or puller.
The answer is to use your brain and get to work making power , and quite whining

I help these individuals everyday

Can you give an example of "dishonest gain"? If the rules are written in a way that a creative person can use the rules to thier advantage - whats the issue? Everyone has that opportunity - don't hate on people that are following the rules to thier advantage.

you understand :snoop:

haha your funny. im not whinning or *****ing. i sold that truck and working on a straight 12 valve puller now for next season. so go ahead and talk ****... but im talking about he damn fact that in a ****ing work stock class you have duramaxes whistling louder then 6.0 powerstrokes. owning that class. then going to a bigger class then owning that one ass well......

Sorry, I forgot it was all about whistle!!!

First time I heard that one...:nail:
Chris

I agree, just look at the Constitution. Starts out pretty cut 'n dry, then we start adding amendments and filling in the gray area until everyone is happy.

Wait..... LOL

05smoker people like you is whats wrong with the sport.making jokes about people and what they have. whether its a stock class or a 3.0 class. it should be treated fairly when it comes to teching. pretty much what your saying is if its not a high horsepower class then its dumb.the point of pulling is for us to have a sport where we can have fun. people like you take the fun out of it

You sound like the mothers of the local school highschool football teams....

"WHY AINT HE PLAYING COACH???? WHY DOES THE OTHER KID GET ALL THE TIME AS QB?" Whine, whine, whine.

Now, if their kids actually showed up to practice ("He had homework to do" and you find out he is on FBook most of the time), learned (Great learner! Yet, somehow, he knows more than you), and worked out, they might be the next Walter Payton, Brett Farve, etc.

There are rules to confine a class, just as there are rules for the football team. Don't take full advantage of it and you WILL get screwed.

Now if the mothers (whiners) get their way, all their kids (trucks) will be QB's (full pullers)...

You sound like the mothers of the local school highschool football teams....

"WHY AINT HE PLAYING COACH???? WHY DOES THE OTHER KID GET ALL THE TIME AS QB?" Whine, whine, whine.

Now, if their kids actually showed up to practice ("He had homework to do" and you find out he is on FBook most of the time), learned (Great learner! Yet, somehow, he knows more than you), and worked out, they might be the next Walter Payton, Brett Farve, etc.

There are rules to confine a class, just as there are rules for the football team. Don't take full advantage of it and you WILL get screwed.

Now if the mothers (whiners) get their way, all their kids (trucks) will be QB's (full pullers)...

Not everyone is like that. Let me guess, you want the trophie of the year. You will keep your trophie at all costs. Fawk the ways you were taught by your mother/father...Your a winner

Not everyone is like that. Let me guess, you want the trophie of the year. You will keep your trophie at all costs. Fawk the ways you were taught by your mother/father...Your a winner

No, not everyone is but it sure seems like a whole bunch of people on here just don't get it.

Rules allow grey area, and should. It make innovation come out.

Now, lots of $$$ doesn't give you a whole lot of sense.

My dad taught me hard work helps a whole lot better than a whole lot of money and not knowing how to spend it.

300# weight lifter on the line vs the kid on steroids, who will win in the long run?

Oh no, man ... not hating on anyone. I guess what I was referring to is a person, such as one who may show up "late" to avoid tech. Or, a person who competes in a class they KNOW they do not belong. Has it ever happened that a guy who enter into a class, that has not been teched with a bigger turbo, or hidden power adder like water/meth? That is why "stock appearing" has disappeared from many pulling leagues turbo language.

By all means do what you can creatively, and we all know there are some very creative people who know how to use the rules to their advantage. That is sportsmanship. However, within sportsmanship, don't be dishonest just so you can win a class. That is all that I am saying. Integrity is the key and so is conscience, even though there are people out there that have none. A person without conscience and integrity should have no part in any sport.

Back