Cheaters in Work Stock classes.

Damn there is a truck around here that has a dt466 and can't do **** he also has a reverser, dropbox and rockwells. Garrett Shields has beat him every time they have hooked at the same track and Garretts truck is not the strongest around

I agree Kman I've seen plenty of trucks with 1/4th the money in them beating the more expensive truck. Happens all the time, hell you probably know a prime example.

Can rules in this class be changed in the middle of the year, or will have to happen this winter?

Unless a safety rule needs altered, or a major problem shows up, NADM won't change rules mid season.

It was not like I was going to beat the big charger dmx's in that class. I just wanted to hook, I went to a solid vgt turbo now so it's 2.6 class from here on out. I did pull in work stock cuz it met the ruels, I think the ruels should be changed.

so who had the big charger dmaxs there? just a simple question im curious ?

just add my opinion in on this. i had a 2000 cummins edge juice w/ attitude intake and trans. wheels tires nothing else i pulled at some local pulls for fun chestertown cecilton tuckahoe places like that.and when everyone there are pulling between 220 and 265 ft mark and then you have the ppl pulling past 310 ft like nothing at all in the same class you can not sit there and tell me they are stock like the rest of the trucks.then having those same trucks that are pulling past 300ft mark pulling in the 2.6 and 2.8 class and still pulling past 300ft.there is no way they are stock. tech guys really arent paying attention and doing there job. its fun when your pulling and you lose by a few ft.but when you lose by 30-60ft it takes all the fun out cause there is no way you can beat them unless you cheat as well. its pointless.

just add my opinion in on this. i had a 2000 cummins edge juice w/ attitude intake and trans. wheels tires nothing else i pulled at some local pulls for fun chestertown cecilton tuckahoe places like that.and when everyone there are pulling between 220 and 265 ft mark and then you have the ppl pulling past 310 ft like nothing at all in the same class you can not sit there and tell me they are stock like the rest of the trucks.then having those same trucks that are pulling past 300ft mark pulling in the 2.6 and 2.8 class and still pulling past 300ft.there is no way they are stock. tech guys really arent paying attention and doing there job. its fun when your pulling and you lose by a few ft.but when you lose by 30-60ft it takes all the fun out cause there is no way you can beat them unless you cheat as well. its pointless.

Had the same exp pulling in street gas trucks. They popped your hood, looked for insp sticker, and plate. That was it. So you had some guys with gutted interiors, body panels, lexan windows, with Hemi big block carbed motors in trucks that would have came with a 360 or max a v10 etc, it became a joke, and i havent pulled since. I doubt i will ever get into it because i run a 7.3 IDI and have no desire to pay in to get whooped by a class that isnt teched correctly or monitored.

exactly people like that take ALL the fun out of the sport. im 18 years old and believe me i know alot about diesels, this isnt how you want to bring in the next generation by cheating....

its all a game, to win you need to have an edge over your competition, it costs to play......... thats all there is too it,

i know a stock dmax that easily beats my cummins, he's stock, im not, no big deal, i pulled against him in the stock class at a local fair, he put 60ft me, granted i had bald tires and was 1,000lbs under wieght, but still, i really think stock shoul be stock, no tuners no nothin, if you blow smoke then your dq'd

they need an inbetween class basically a cheater class for guys that have tuners and other stuff but arent 2.6 yet, then have the 2.6 for others.

You had a 24v with an Edge and couldn't win?:hehe:

it became a joke, and i havent pulled since. I doubt i will ever get into it because i run a 7.3 IDI and have no desire to pay in to get whooped by a class that isnt teched correctly or monitored.

Hate to break this to you, but if you spent 100 K on that IDI, a stock Duramax would still whoop you.

exactly people like that take ALL the fun out of the sport. im 18 years old and believe me i know alot about diesels, this isnt how you want to bring in the next generation by cheating....

That IS the sport.

its all a game, to win you need to have an edge over your competition, it costs to play......... thats all there is too it,

, i really think stock shoul be stock, no tuners no nothin, if you blow smoke then your dq'd
they need an inbetween class basically a cheater class for guys that have tuners and other stuff but arent 2.6 yet, then have the 2.6 for others.

There is a class like that at almost every pull, its called exhibition or rent your own sled, IF WS, 2.6,2.8, 3.0,SS and Mod isn't enough, I dont know what to tell you. I can tell you, I have never had anyone ask for a non tuner class, in 11 years of pulling, rules meetings, and officiating.
The true showroom stock guys just take their beatings in whatever class they fit into, and see what their truck can do.

Hate to break this to you, but if you spent 100 K on that IDI, a stock Duramax would still whoop you.

No doubt about that. I know that my IDI is not powerhouse. My point was if you have a class designed to be entry level, more for fun, not a points chase class, etc. Then it should be spec'ed extremely rigid and strict. Make it about being competitive based on the driver, track, and basic truck, not on the amount of $$$$ or how you can make your comp truck fit the rules so you can clean house.....

I think they should keep it simple. No trailers for WS. If you drive it in, you pull. Let the chicken sh*t they pay for premiums weed out the ringers. I really think if they just made the trucks drive there you would eliminate guys comin from long distances, and you would ensure more local trucks going at each other. I mean if a guy wants to drive a 700 hp truck an hour for 100 bucks the crowd deserves to be entertained. And let's face it, it's about the crowd. NOONE wants to see 30 pickups with no smoke or wheel speed. That's why they look away, it's about ticket sales and the show, as well as it should be. It is in a promotors best interest (as long as it's not a sancioned points class) to let it ride and give the crowd what they want. IMO

What happens when the Duramax with a lift pump and a tune unhooks from the trailer it towed the 3.0 truck in on and puts 60 ft on you? It's insured, obviously streetable, and has less than $1,000 in mods? That sounds entry level to me.

What happens when the Duramax with a lift pump and a tune unhooks from the trailer it towed the 3.0 truck in on and puts 60 ft on you? It's insured, obviously streetable, and has less than $1,000 in mods? That sounds entry level to me.

This i can except, but i think we all know the ones we are taking about when you see a truck that is clearly not a street driven truck be entered into the WS classes...

If you gooseneck a truck in and then pull the tow rig, that is awesome, I don't give a phuck what you have done. Anyone who will put their ride home on the line to pull for pocket change god bless them. So to answer you if we met at a pull, and you unhooked your tow rig and whooped my ass and hooked back up your gooseneck and left, I would accept my beating...:bow:

This i can except, but i think we all know the ones we are taking about when you see a truck that is clearly not a street driven truck be entered into the WS classes...

Which is my point. Drive it in! If someone want to drive 30k in mods to win 100 bucks, pay the crazy bastard!

Which is my point. Drive it in! If someone want to drive 30k in mods to win 100 bucks, pay the crazy bastard!

But wat about the guys that drive in truck that are $5k including the truck.....isnt that more the concept of the class..... Idk I guess i look at it as entry level class

As to pulling the tow rigs......i can handle that,

Back