CompD Down Time.

Glad it's back up...

I did get a LOT of projects i had been avoiding taken care of these last few days though. :hehe:

Chris

OK guys here is the timme line of events

Saturday:

5:45 PM Power Room at Server Location Blew up

Sunday:

12:00 AM - 12:00 PM People stood around and looked at what had happened

Monday:

9:00PM CST Finaly go Temperary power to our Server.

Tuesday:

3:15AM Generator that was powering our Server crapped out.

10:00AM Put in a Request to be moved to a different location off site.

10:30AM Was told the move would be done in 2 hours.

Wednsday:

12:30AM Received new IP addresses to new Server Location. Only 10 hours later.

4:15AM Got Confrimation Server was up and running.

LOL

OK guys the Staff and I have talked about it, and feel real bad about the down time....So we have decided to upgrade every users membership up to the premium membership for the next 3 Months. Enjoy!

I feel like a crack ***** that has gone 52 hours without a hit. Now I got some crack in the nose and I am feeling better.

me too. I cannot believe how much CompD has become a regular part of my life. I was calling all of my friends, "Can you get on?", Can you, it was pretty ridiculous.

Good to see you guys back up and running.

LOL

OK guys the Staff and I have talked about it, and feel real bad about the down time....So we have decided to upgrade every users membership up to the premium membership for the next 3 Months. Enjoy!

AWESOME!!! I've been waiting for this for a while now, I can't believe it's finally happened.

Thanks Phil...you've made me so happy:bow:

ChrisLOLLOL

Wow that was tough. For a while there I was back to my pre-compdiesel level of productivity. I am a slacker by nature, thanks for getting the site back.
Sorry to all you folks I was emailing out of shear boredom.

Holy Jesus up in heaven!! The look on my face when I actually logged in was priceless!!

Shoot I was so bad off without chat and somewhere to be a postwh0re that I ran over to PSN like my ass was on fire.

Hell I even cleaned my kitchen and did laundry. That's how out of control it was.

Premium membership?!?!? wtf is that about? Is that like giving us grade A crack for free so that after you take it away, we're addicted and have to pay for the premium now after that? Omg, as if we're not already addicted as hell.

We had an underground text/myspace message relief for updates. We bonded together and made it, somehow.

Thanks Phylis for working so dam hard to get this back up. You deserve a vacation now!!

And thanks to PSN for the welcome and letting us diehards hang out over there. Now I have new friends and another forum addiction LOL

Last edited:
Back