compound build thread

Thats some really sharp looking TIG welds on that cooler and the plumbing.
Whats the plan for the truck? Just towing? Curious how those water to air coolers fare against air / air, especially once the coolant becomes saturated with heat.
Whats on the other end exchanging heat? ice tub or cooler with elec fan under the bed?

DD, towing, occasional track time. Same as before, just trying to make it more efficient.

It will have 2 heat exchangers in the stock IC location, with their own pusher fans if I can fit them.

So what kind of horsepower do you think this setup will be able to support without getting too hot?

So what kind of horsepower do you think this setup will be able to support without getting too hot?

That depends on how efficient Taylor can make this 351. I'm sure it can do 800. Maybe not with me, but I'm sure someone could. And it will get a 13mm (set at maybe 500cc of course) down the road, so that will help.

Interesting

What exactly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The valve cover bolts I need are now in the mail thanks to Comp D and hydro shock, I also now have all the necessary parts for oil feed lines, I hope

I taught him everything he knows. He was difficult to teach at first, but he caught on with a lot of treats and beatings.

Mike mike mike mike mike...... Jared's welds are made from his pure awesomeness! He really takes time and accepts nothing less than perfection ( I've seen him get aggravated at a weld he did and "rework" a 2 foot level one time) Ive watched him at work. His welds look better than most of the guys that have Been at our work for 20 years. He's got some serious talent.

Thanks for the kind words guys! What day is it Mike???

I digress.

And Ahale, I wish could work on your 1,000 hp stuff. I know one day after Mike sheds his panties, a larger primary will do 900-1,000 with this setup

One day .... Lol

1000 hp on spray is alot different than 1000 hp with EGt's in check.

Thats going to spool when a flee farts, thats for sure.

Mike said he wanted instant boost so that's the goal. The lack of cubic inch between primary and intake should reduce spool time a bunch also. I'm really thinking the time, money and thought put into this setup will pay off

Thanks for the kind words guys! What day is it Mike???

I digress.

And Ahale, I wish could work on your 1,000 hp stuff. I know one day after Mike sheds his panties, a larger primary will do 900-1,000 with this setup

Hump Day!

Once I can afford it, I will go bigger, but it's going to take a lot of figuring out how to do 1000hp and keep spool reasonable for towing LOL the 13mm pump will help, but the secondary will need to be at least a 63 (probably just upgrade the 351), and primary will more than likely be a 78 minimum with a lot of turbine and a/r.

Mike said he wanted instant boost so that's the goal. The lack of cubic inch between primary and intake should reduce spool time a bunch also. I'm really thinking the time, money and thought put into this setup will pay off

I'm 99% sure I'll be able to pull 20psi by 1500rpm with this, but I've never seen a 351 in person in anything other than a stock configuration. If I can get 30psi by 1500, I'd be ecstatic.

I sure hope it pays off, or we'll be tweaking when I come home LOL

went to the shop jareds working out of to see this in person. these pictures give no justice to his talent and hard work.
iv known him for a long time, so these welds are about par for what im used to seeing out of him. its the out of the box original set up that just blows my mind!
cant wait to see the numbers it puts down!!!

went to the shop jareds working out of to see this in person. these pictures give no justice to his talent and hard work.
iv known him for a long time, so these welds are about par for what im used to seeing out of him. its the out of the box original set up that just blows my mind!

It will get dyno'd at dex's memorial dyno, or before hand if it's done early enough. I still have to order gaskets and oil drains.

uta6ydem.jpg

ysuhene5.jpg

a8y5aqeg.jpg

Today I made a primary brace and 90 percent of the oil lines, just need a shorter 12mm to 6an 90

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

It will get dyno'd at dex's memorial dyno, or before hand if it's done early enough. I still have to order gaskets and oil drains.

I already got t3 and t6 gaskets, I'm pretty sure I had Jeff send exhaust manifold gaskets with the long oil drain... but ill check tomorrow. I think all you need to order is a short flex drain, thank God for storm blocks.

Thanks bud!

Rob and I went to high school together guys, he's a good egg and a great machinist

Back