compound build thread

I already got t3 and t6 gaskets, I'm pretty sure I had Jeff send exhaust manifold gaskets with the long oil drain... but ill check tomorrow. I think all you need to order is a short flex drain, thank God for storm blocks.

Awesome. Saves me some time.

I wish my block looked like that LOL

juguzy4y.jpg

a3ujydaq.jpg

ymetatuj.jpg

te5a3u3a.jpg

yga7ybaj.jpg

e7u5ugu5.jpg

ygesa3u7.jpg

zy3upeja.jpg

I guess I never updated this thread. Long story short. It's awesome. Pulls way harder than the 67 did as a single. The primary starts making boost by 1400rpm (when loaded of course). It's hard to measure because it happens so fast, but overall boost is between 30-40 by 1500rpm, and pegs 100psi gauge by 1800rpm if I ride the brakes a little to really load it down. EGT's aren't quite where I'd like them, I think because of the 351, but they are still awesome. I could drop timing back down to 18* though, I'm sure that would help everything a lot.

Awesome fabrication. Nice work. Dig the twin coolers!

Last edited:
What is your primary making at 100psi total boost?

Around 40 usually. I can check again today actually. I haven't been on the throttle in a while with all the rain and slick roads lately, and living in the city sucks donkey nuts.

How much clearance do you have between the hood and the cooler on top of the valve cover? It looks like it would be pretty tight. Looks great Mike.

Cvr proflo. Canadian. Great customer service though when I burned up the first one.

Cvr proflo. Canadian. Great customer service though when I burned up the first one.

I was thinking of using something like that as well, I would like to be at or above 55 gpm. Right now I'm running 5 diaphragm pumps at 5.3gpm a piece.

I was thinking of using something like that as well, I would like to be at or above 55 gpm. Right now I'm running 5 diaphragm pumps at 5.3gpm a piece.
Yup. The cvr and mezieres were the only thing that comes close to flowing enough, and isn't a monster bilge pump, or cost 1k. I really need a 2nd one though. They said it will flow 55gpm at 10psi, but there's a lot of restriction with both coolers and exchangers.

That's perfect flow and pressure. My type 12 frozen boost cooler has 1 inlet and 1 outlet both 3/4". I'd like put 2 3/4 outlets on the backside for less restriction as I can see my pumps are building to much pressure. I tried calling frozen boost to see if that would work but I can't get ahold of them, and I don't want to screw up a $400 cooler

image_zpse5fbb0f1.jpg

Frozen boost is hard to get hold of, maybe try email. I have welded them on many coolers and have seen a lot done like that also

I was afraid of messing up the core and causing a leak. I'm not very good at this stuff though LOL

Back