Confirmed by TS Performance

Yes it is his race, but for a sport to grow uniformed rules is the biggest part. If every guy changes the rule for his particular race its not growing.

while i agree with you, let's get the class going and sort it out, the same way sledpulling kinda sorta got sorted out.

I spoke with Dennis today, and if he wants Danco, Lenco, or a space shuttle in his race it's his. I'll be there to support it and try and make it grow! I want all you guys to get in the seats or on the track. Sled pulling, drag racing, dynoing, show n shine, anything. Let's don't try and break this down before it gets started, or even give it a chance. We all have something in common, and it's powerful diesel's.......period. I'm still regular Joe with regular Joe everyday job, but I'm on fire for this sport. Let's let this race come and go, talk about it objectively, and I bet the people promoting it will listen to what the fans want.

Everyone is beginning to talk about a S300 based charger, quit now while you're ahead. I raced last weekend with a turbo that costs less than a Silver 66. That's a pretty good deal, if all you gotta do is get your but down there and line up against like minded people that love racing. I'm not gonna post any more in this thread, but the people that know me know I mean what I'm saying now

Not only did Aron win $25k this weekend he also just got nominated for post of the year!

so was this before or after you gave us light?

This made me laugh.

What's going to kill this class is the rules are going to change year to year. Set the rules and run with those for as many years as you can.

BTW...isn't SUPER STOCK the same class that the big boys run at sled pulls? The tripple turbo, cut tires run what ya brung class?

I get confused easily on class names....one year super street is a 12.00 index class the next its guys running 9.80's :doh:

The funniest part about this whole deal is, most of the people complaining...Have no dog in the fight.

You are absolutely correct sir, I one day (like Swole) hope to have a truck to be able to compete in either this class or prostreet, but until then I watch and run good ol' ET. Anyway, I wasn't super educated on the danco stuff but now that I see the human error factor that will play in and have personally seen a couple Lenco trucks snuff out leaving the line, so I'm not as opposed now as I was. Dennis is right, 2.6 hole, fuel only, 6,000 lbs, etc. IMO let the year play out and at the end of this season see what worked and what didn't and make THE RULES for 2012 SS and write them in stone. Just my $.02

Every Village needs an Idiot.

I understand what all of you are saying, but I don't see the Danco as an advantage here. So much room for Human error it's ridiculous.

If there's no advantage and sooo much room for human error its ridiculous then why are Dan & Dennis sooo adamant about putting it in?:what:

Dan's not! I am! There is no proof that it is an advantage. There is just no reason not to let it in is my point.

The funniest part about this whole deal is, most of the people complaining...Have no dog in the fight.

Nice meeting you in Florida Phil. Next time I'm in Bowling Green I'll treat you to some of Elizabeth's ice cream. I hope this post wasn't directed solely at me because I would like to think I have a dog in the fight. Reviewing what I said, I think I immediately heard Lenco and thought, oh shi*...here comes the second pro street.

Thinking more about it, I don't think it would ruin the class due to the bracket style and human error, plus the limitation to a 66mm charger.

I respect what Dennis has to say because he has accomplished so much in this industry and is making an effort to make it even better. Hats off to you Dennis, and please excuse me for being an azz. You put on fantastic events and I will be to everyone supporting you and the industry whether it be racing, dynoing, or just being a helping hand.

It will be interesting to see how the class evolves because seeing how the florida race I think that I could compete. Not win, but compete and have a great time while trying to help this sport grow. It is kind of the nature of the best though. I am sure we will see 10.20's out of this class easy the next few events and THEN....I have no dog in the fight.

Dan's not! I am! There is no proof that it is an advantage. There is just no reason not to let it in is my point.

The part about Dan's not is bullchit. Jeff Garmon mentioned the phone conversation he had with Dan and how Dan wanted the Danco tranny to be allowed in Florida. I'm not getting into any pissing match over this. Life's to short for that. Its your race, do what you want. Dan can do what he wants at his race. Have fun.

Thinking more about it, I don't think it would ruin the class due to the bracket style and human error, plus the limitation to a 66mm charger.

I'm willing to bet most of the turbos in this class are not 66mm. They will have the 2.6 inducer, with a clipped wheel. I could be wrong though.

I'm willing to bet most of the turbos in this class are not 66mm. They will have the 2.6 inducer, with a clipped wheel. I could be wrong though.

You are correct. Most are not 66mm. But mine and Aron's were both 66mm. And I'd be willing to bet that they were the two cheapest turbos in the whole race. The most expensive piece isnt always the best.

So Dennin, just out of curiousity, will Caged Fury be making its Debut in the Super Stock class this year? :poke:

You are correct. Most are not 66mm. But mine and Aron's were both 66mm. And I'd be willing to bet that they were the two cheapest turbos in the whole race. The most expensive piece isnt always the best.

So Dennin, just out of curiousity, will Caged Fury be making its Debut in the Super Stock class this year? :poke:

He already said in an earlier post he would not be entering the class.

I know. Just lightening the mood. Guess my point was misssed. Sorry

It just looks like there are gonna be a lot of people that dont race because of the rules. I hate to see that. We'll be there reguardless. I guess we're just stupid like that. we'll come and race knowing we dont have a chance in hell. LOL

If everyone complaining about the danco had the chance to drive one u would appreciate it a lot better and realize its not the big advantage everyone thinks it is. Its a task everytime to drive one so I think that if a driver wants to use a Danco I don't see a problem with it because it has its pros and cons. I like what your doin Dennis and look forward to seein this class grow

If everyone complaining about the danco had the chance to drive one u would appreciate it a lot better and realize its not the big advantage everyone thinks it is. Its a task everytime to drive one so I think that if a driver wants to use a Danco I don't see a problem with it because it has its pros and cons. I like what your doin Dennis and look forward to seein this class grow

i would love to see your setup in SS... but im guessing seth had something very similar. you guys took the CR to the next level.

as for the racing, who cares guys, go race and STFU!! i think the ACTUAL racers speaking will speak more volume than bs speculation and peanut galleries. dammit jim, you're still grumpy. see you in bowling green!

dammit jim, you're still grumpy. see you in bowling green![/QUOTE]

Apparently I am. Straight up I get enough "spin" put on things from the politics in our country.$.02

Nice meeting you in Florida Phil. Next time I'm in Bowling Green I'll treat you to some of Elizabeth's ice cream. I hope this post wasn't directed solely at me because I would like to think I have a dog in the fight. Reviewing what I said, I think I immediately heard Lenco and thought, oh shi*...here comes the second pro street.

I respect what Dennis has to say because he has accomplished so much in this industry and is making an effort to make it even better. Hats off to you Dennis, and please excuse me for being an azz. You put on fantastic events and I will be to everyone supporting you and the industry whether it be racing, dynoing, or just being a helping hand.

It will be interesting to see how the class evolves because seeing how the florida race I think that I could compete. Not win, but compete and have a great time while trying to help this sport grow. It is kind of the nature of the best though. I am sure we will see 10.20's out of this class easy the next few events and THEN....I have no dog in the fight.

Naw man, not at you....well not directly..LOL And I expect Some Ice Cream in BG!

Look guys here's the deal, this is a new class with unexplored possibilities. If you don't experiment, you'll be stuck in the mid 11's for ever. Turbo Technology has grown so much in the last few years because we experimented and tested what most said couldn't be done. The Limiting factor will be the air that a 2.6 can move regardless to what tranny is run. The whole reason the pro street guys went to the Danco is because the torque converters they were running couldn't handle the HP and torque. Same Tranny just replaced the Converter with a clutch. I bet if you ask most of them they would rather run the TC.

But Phil and others..Ask yourself this and be honest... (I'm posting as only a person in the stands wanting to watch great racing)

Would you rather see 40,50,60,70, etc different trucks / racers racing with OEM style tranny's, all running mid / low 11's or high 10's as they currently are and have a few breakages, with very close racing?

Or would you rather only watch 15-30 trucks try to compete and then MAYBE have those that can afford the Lenco's , Danco's, etc. Possibly be out in front all the time with mid / low 10's, paying the same guys the awards everytime?? All the while losing more and more guys that MAY have tried to compete but where scared off...

I'll choose the slower, yet More numbers of trucks anyday!

^^ Just one possibility of what could happen ^^ ( I know it may not happen like this, but it is likely)

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I think this is the main Concern of most folks...We aren't trying to start Chit! We just want our sport grow and be Fun again...More trucks the better! Right?

Last edited:
The Danco in my eyes is not for much more than increased reliability. I've watched them stage and run many times and I just don't see a performance advantage to them. I say if someone wants to spend the money on one vs dropping the trans every other round to replace a torched converter then more power to them.

But Phil and others..Ask yourself this and be honest... (I'm posting as only a person in the stands wanting to watch great racing)

Would you rather see 40,50,60,70, etc different trucks / racers racing with OEM style tranny's, all running mid / low 11's or high 10's as they currently are and have a few breakages, with very close racing?

Or would you rather only watch 15-30 trucks try to compete and then MAYBE have those that can afford the Lenco's , Danco's, etc. Possibly be out in front all the time with mid / low 10's, paying the same guys the awards everytime?? All the while losing more and more guys that MAY have tried to compete but where scared off...

I'll choose the slower, yet More numbers of trucks anyday!

^^ Just one possibility of what could happen ^^ ( I know it may not happen like this, but it is likely)

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I think this is the main Concern of most folks...We aren't trying to start Chit! We just want our sport grow and be Fun again...More trucks the better! Right?

I honestly don't know why everyone is scared of them? If you want the sport to grow you have to see what works.

I think this is being read to deep into. The only advantage the Danco has is it will outlast most Torque Converters at a higher HP. It's harder to drive and a disadvantage more than an advantage.

on Edit:

I can't count the amount of times I've seen a Danco truck on the line and when the lights drop...the truck falls on it's face.

Back