Cummins billet rods

MJ Tool & Fab 6.7 billet rods
Resampled952011-12-049519-07-4795703_zpsa0659fc2.jpg

Next to stock dmax rod
Resampled952011-12-049519-08-0695357_zps5ffaabe4.jpg

Got a picture of the cap surfaces?

I am having a hard time figuring out what rods I want for my 6.7/6.4 build...those MJ tool look nice and we are a dealer for him. Too bad they take half a century to get your hands on them.

So i keep reading that people have heard of Carrillo's giving some problems on failures, but has anyone proved this i am just wondering as i have not seen any proof to these claims. I am in the market for rods as well and seems there are 3 rod manufactures all within $500 of one another Carrillo/R&R/and Crower

So i keep reading that people have heard of Carrillo's giving some problems on failures, but has anyone proved this i am just wondering as i have not seen any proof to these claims. I am in the market for rods as well and seems there are 3 rod manufactures all within $500 of one another Carrillo/R&R/and Crower

Woodruff is now making billet rods in house as well.

We've put our Carrillo's through hell with ZERO issues. Bent Monotherms attached to them and didn't even have problems.

Might not hear from Greenspeed for a couple days, they should be hitting the road to the salt flats right about now. I didn't think to take a picture when I was up there, that piston took a hell of a beating.

Greenspeed made 1k hp on the dyno spinning the tires. Here's to hoping they break records and not parts!

I myself would like to see some that have failed. I have yet to see them either. Our carrillos have been in for three years now. No issues.

The r&r's do fine as well. I hear they are competitively priced with carrillo now. The Crowers are monsters. They are too big and heavy, imo.

So any billet rod failures to note? Broken bolts? Just curious

Back