Cummins Express build up.

Does anyone know anybody running this turbo as a single in a diesel truck?

Dr.P did on their drag truck. They could spin 5500rpm though, and had a Bruno drive with a prock valve (I think that's what it's called) to let it spool. Do you have a transbrake on your truck?

getimage.aspx

Dr.P did on their drag truck. They could spin 5500rpm though, and had a Bruno drive with a prock valve (I think that's what it's called) to let it spool. Do you have a transbrake on your truck?

getimage.aspx

Damn that is one swet setup. I have never seen an intake design like that. Looks like it could be an alternative to the cylindrical individual runner setup.

Truck has a dual caliper pinion brake plus dual calipers on both wheels lol. It has held 45PSI and I stopped at that point. I think a tranny shaft would brake before I could blow through the brakes. I launch at 20-25PSI and can manage a good 60 so I have not tried to achieve anything much beyond that number.

Last edited:
Damn that is one swet setup. I have never seen an intake design like that. Looks like it could be an alternative to the cylindrical individual runner setup.

Truck has a dual caliper pinion brake plus dual calipers on both wheels lol. It has held 45PSI and I stopped at that point. I think a tranny shaft would brake before I could blow through the brakes. I launch at 20-25PSI and can manage a good 60 so I have not tried to achieve anything much beyond that number.

I think the big question is going to be how well the convertor is going to like holding it on spool up.

Not trying to trash up your thread here Max but since you said something and if someone would wanna look into it further.
atybu9ur.jpg

9y4umemu.jpg

This is on the upper motor on one of our older cranes at work. I'm sure it's probably a one off piece but figured if throw it out there for at least conversation piece if nothing else.

The way I look at it is allot of fast guys are running 75-82" over a 100-130" charger setup. my charger (without the spool valve) should spool better than most of those setups. My single 82 will spool better than maybe a 78ish over a whatever......... A single works more efficently than that same single placed in a compund setup as a 2ndary.

Not trying to trash up your thread here Max but since you said something and if someone would wanna look into it further.
atybu9ur.jpg

9y4umemu.jpg

This is on the upper motor on one of our older cranes at work. I'm sure it's probably a one off piece but figured if throw it out there for at least conversation piece if nothing else.

Like that but with individual intake runners coming out of the bottom horizontally to each intake runner on the head.

The way I look at it is allot of fast guys are running 75-82" over a 100-130" charger setup.

Many also run the 88/96mm turbine wheel with a T6 housing on the manifold, and I know quite a few guys that have run them as a single also. Cole has been sub 9.7ET with a 3" turbine and a drop-in cam.

getimage.aspx

I will bet that with 4 nitrous kits that one is for spool up.......... But then again it is a large noid just for spool up lol.

another slight side track (sorry Max). Is that Dr. Performance truck still around? Or is it sitting in a shop somewhere?

Last I heard both Dr. P trucks were sitting in a shop, and they were theoretically for sale at something like $50k each less engine and trans.

i thought one of those trucks had massive chassis issues, as in not built straight and couldnt corner weight it. or was that just a rumor to bash hogue?

i thought one of those trucks had massive chassis issues, as in not built straight and couldnt corner weight it. or was that just a rumor to bash hogue?

Probably just Houge bashing....I know they were light, but running 8s on a diesel track is no small feat.

I will bet that with 4 nitrous kits that one is for spool up.......... But then again it is a large noid just for spool up lol.

There is more than for. Look above and behind the pump. More noids. Total of 8 lines going to charge pipe

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

There is more than for. Look above and behind the pump. More noids. Total of 8 lines going to charge pipe

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, those guys were never afraid of a little :nos:

I think they ran 3 big stages and then a fourth on top as bottle pressure was dropping. They would limit boost to maybe 30-45psi and use the nitrous to bring on whatever power the track would hold.

Back