Cummins in 36 Mack rat rod

I saying that when I have the truck on jacks ( front and rear) and I start it and put it in gear the wheels obviously spin. While still in gear I press the clutch pedal in and they stay in gear and continue to spin. I guess I'm going to try and pull slave out this morning and press rod against ground with hose pointing up and MC cap off ( repeat 5-7 times)?

Fantastic build!!

If you push the brakes with the clutch in, the wheels continue to spin? Then I'd guess either the throwout arm needs adjusted, the pivot is worn out or, like others have suggested, the master-slave combo isn't bled out completely.

Perhaps the plastic is worn off?
27ea1dd3-5324-4e9f-b222-e99af1c7905a.jpg

As mentioned buy a complete pre-assembled master and slave setup. We tried more times than I care to count to put one of the pieces on a 95 dually we had. After a week of screwing with it and a ton of pissed off nights we finally bought one pre made.

Ok is it possible that I have a 94-97 hydros that I put in a 98-02 two stud bracket that I mounted go firewall? If this is the case would this cause my issue? I heard that the 94-98 hydro mc have shorter rods than the 98-02?

I know the system is bled properly and now have have decent pedal pressure but it not engaging. The fork and pivot ball are fine.

I fixed it.....I made the mc rod adjustable and it works now.

im a 'rat rodder' and i think people misunderstand the rat rod thing.
a PROPER 'rat rod' is something built on a budget with parts you have available while following a semi vintage theme with a touch of your personality built in.... the way original 1940s hot rodding started. these days, those "available parts" and bodies, happen to have 80 years of patina on them making them all rotty looking. these are rat rods.
the guys who think they can try their hand at what they see on TV with no skills or experience, or a common sense engineering type mind, build 'junk rods' that they call rat rods.... giving the rest of us a bad name.
if you have spent enough to build a 'rat rod' as it would have cost to build a street rod... by my opinion, im not sure you an call it a rat rod any more, no matter how rusty it is. haha.
but those hacks who 'popcorn' stick weld a frame and car together and staple all sorts of random crap to it.... thats an unsafe junk rod for sure!
also its not always just 'rat rods' ive seen that can be sketchy, ive seen a few local hot rods with SUPER jankey suspensions, completely wrong 4 link geometry's, and ive even seen a high dollar street rod that had its front calipers mounted up-side-down.
just shows that a rusty and budget LOOKING car, can be just as unsafe as a high dollar car... if either is built by the wrong person.

your Mack looks nice from what i see. i love its stance and proportions! many guys miss the mark on that in my opinion.

mine....

10608392_10153768676653747_7749186709391420993_o.jpg

IMG_6302.jpg

file-1724.jpg

11115768_10153768674013747_4852569217066188411_o.jpg

im a 'rat rodder' and i think people misunderstand the rat rod thing.
a PROPER 'rat rod' is something built on a budget with parts you have available while following a semi vintage theme with a touch of your personality built in.... the way original 1940s hot rodding started. these days, those "available parts" and bodies, happen to have 80 years of patina on them making them all rotty looking. these are rat rods.
the guys who think they can try their hand at what they see on TV with no skills or experience, or a common sense engineering type mind, build 'junk rods' that they call rat rods.... giving the rest of us a bad name.
if you have spent enough to build a 'rat rod' as it would have cost to build a street rod... by my opinion, im not sure you an call it a rat rod any more, no matter how rusty it is. haha.
but those hacks who 'popcorn' stick weld a frame and car together and staple all sorts of random crap to it.... thats an unsafe junk rod for sure!

Agreed

I've had some high hp cars bit never a diesel... I can tell u I'll never have anything other than a pissed off diesel now lol... I can do a burn out in 5th gear from any speed... It's stupid scary! It's a light switch... It's off then it's on!! Whoa

[ame]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/jbellyus/F0C60617-AE8D-4E3A-997C-D7AF24BABD2D_zpskdkcoxcp.mp4[/ame]

It only 2.25 gears in the dana 70 if I went to a 3.23 this thug would be wild lol

i ran 2.88 gears in my diesel rod when i first built it. now i have taller tires and run 3.25s. it works out to about the same ratio in the end. it makes for an absolute highway monster!
the torque comes from the motor, not the gearing in this kina rig.
i love being able to idle down the highway at 1300rpm and 65mph, yet still have power band for DAYS at any speed!
keep the gearing and add twins.... then you'll RELAY be a believer! but get some life insurance in place first!

Last edited:
This is my Rat. Still have a bit of work to do....

Doesn't get out much since I live in the Northwest. That is what happens when you only have 3 days of nice weather and they are always on Mondays...:hehe:

Attachments

• 10636302_913924468621774_1254033726019436125_n.jpg
    10636302_913924468621774_1254033726019436125_n.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20140914_171545019.jpg
    IMG_20140914_171545019.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
Back