Cummins Info

War Horse

I am looking to build a 85 Mustang coupe with a 5.9 Cummins ! Here’s the problem I have only been building big blocks and small blocks for drag racing. The question is are there any books out there on how to build a performance Cummins? The car will be running ¼ mile and some 1/8 mile. Any info would be great!

There aren't any books but theres this great site called competitiondiesel.com, maybe youve heard of it?
Loads of info on there, look around and i bet you can dig up tons of info.

Posted to compD via my magic four place toaster.

There aren't any books but theres this great site called competitiondiesel.com, maybe youve heard of it?
Loads of info on there, look around and i bet you can dig up tons of info.

Awesome site best I’ve ever seen on anything diesel. :rockwoot:

It will be tough to get it down that low...the engine is at least 900lb on it's own. You'll need to put a major engine setback to get the weight right too. To see how to build a Cummins on a budget do a search for "junker drag truck" on this site.

If your dead set on using a book a good one to use is a check book, it can get you anything.

It will be tough to get it down that low...the engine is at least 900lb on it's own. You'll need to put a major engine setback to get the weight right too. To see how to build a Cummins on a budget do a search for "junker drag truck" on this site.

Will check it out.

The weight will be more like 3700 to 4000. Mikes mustang with a 300 lbs. lighter Dmax was 3700.
The Dr Performance truck with a titanium rear end carbon fiber everything and a Cummins was 2785

The weight will be more like 3700 to 4000. Mikes mustang with a 300 lbs. lighter Dmax was 3700.
The Dr Performance truck with a titanium rear end carbon fiber everything and a Cummins was 2785
Interesting, do you know what a 5.9 Cummins weighs? Thanks for the info!!

Back