Cummins Info

Before you haul off with the intentions of a duramax, go research it some more. Not saying a cummins will better suit you. But it would be a cold day I'n he'll if I ever went and took advice like that from someone I have never met or know nothing about after just one post... Especially with such a dollar consuming decision. Whether you go cummins or duramax good luck with the build. Maybe post some pics of the chassis.

Before you haul off with the intentions of a duramax, go research it some more. Not saying a cummins will better suit you. But it would be a cold day I'n he'll if I ever went and took advice like that from someone I have never met or know nothing about after just one post... Especially with such a dollar consuming decision. Whether you go cummins or duramax good luck with the build. Maybe post some pics of the chassis.

I have been doing a lot of reading the last few days on both engine combo’s. Don’t get me wrong the Cummins is a bad engine it will get the job done in what ever its put in. My family has had dodge trucks with Cummins in them for years. My chassis is just a stock mustang coupe body. I will be posting pics as I go, the car is stripped and ready for the cage and frame connectors.

According to ether post in the last page, that mustang had a custom frame.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Son of a b!tch he got houged, i still think you should use the cummins. But its not my build.

Wanted: tapatalk signature

I seen that , I looked at the pics again to see if it had the factory inter finders and the stock shock towers. It seems that it was all stock, I could be wrong!! It may have an after market K member, that could be very possible.

Mike’s Car was a Wolf Racecraft 275 car with a lot of good parts but the suspension was stock style per NMCA 275 rules.
I injected reality in to this, if you want a one off oddity put a big heavy engine right on the front axles. If you want to make a neat car that will do more then be a trailer queen all its life, if you want to drive it.
This is not an attack but the reality of weight. 300 lbs. and an extra 14 inches make it not fit.

Stock style doesn't mean it is stock. :poke:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Screw it put a 466 in it.
But on a serious note, the dmax will make the better street car, its all about weight and traction management.

Bastard that was my next post.

Mike’s Car was a Wolf Racecraft 275 car with a lot of good parts but the suspension was stock style per NMCA 275 rules.
I injected reality in to this, if you want a one off oddity put a big heavy engine right on the front axles. If you want to make a neat car that will do more then be a trailer queen all its life, if you want to drive it.
This is not an attack but the reality of weight. 300 lbs. and an extra 14 inches make it not fit.

Injected reality? Not if his checkbook is small like he said it is.

Wolf Race Craft makes some really nice parts. There mini tub kit is cool and very easy to put in. My father-in-law has a mustang we finished a couple of years ago. It has the Wolf min tub kit and tubular upper and lower gone control arms. Its classed as a stock suspension car , because everything is mounted in the stock location. Is it really stock? By NMCA and NMRA rules yes.

The Dmax is a very inexpensive alternative to any other engine. But it comes down to what works. The main stream world is going to embrace an engine platform that fits in the space available. Having to cut and hack and lengthen to make it fit is just not a good option for most.

here are a few pictures of how easy it fits in both the mustang and the Z28

a jig block in the car

100_1683.jpg

the early intake and mostly stock engine
5583731357_ORIG1jpeg.jpg

rear end work

100_1680.jpg

Wolf Race craft cage

100_1777.jpg

Coan 4L80 with clean transbrake about half of what a 47 or 48 R cost with billet parts
100_1833.jpg

about the same size and weight of a BBC

note the neat and simple ZZ fab valve cover tops

P1040806.jpg

P1040812.jpg

P1040811.jpg

Last edited:
Injected reality? Not if his checkbook is small like he said it is.

You are correct!! This will be a budget build for sure. I do most of the work my self (welding and Fab work). If it gets out of hand I will have to let it set for sure.

on the road , this car was driven over 20,000 miles

100_2044.jpg

fueling it up and checking milage with the B5 Syndiesel

100_2047.jpg

at the motel durring the Texas Mile

100_2050.jpg

the later ZZ intake worth about 150 hp

IMG_0131.jpg

intake on the motor. the intire time the Indrustrial Injection Silver Bullet 71 mm turbo.

manifoldincar2-1.jpg

Back