Cummins Info

The only thing Greg is going to represent is GREG! I sure fill sorry for all the good companies that give him stuff. I thought you had to go to a track to actually test. I guess I had that all wrong.

I am marketing to a much broader set of demographics, plain and simple. A lot of attention to details makes the first and subsequent laps a lot more successful. I’m not shooting for just going to the track and running low 8’s or even low 7’s. Cars like mine are designed to be light and work really well. The tradeoff is you have to have are of your ducks in a row, or you get hurt. I am in this for the long haul, I plan on racing this car quite a bit, I enjoy the sport of drag racing and want to get back to doing it, as I have in the past. With my Competition eliminators car I ran 15 to 18 events a year, and usually was the only one at the track with the car, and whatever volunteer crew I could find at the track, so this is not my first rodeo.
I have almost daily conversations with the partner in this venture and all are very happy.

Greg thanks for the pics of the mustang:rockwoot:

No problem, I don't mind helping. I have thousands of pictures of the car is every state of build.
The Chevy Dmax engine has become a lot more affordable in the past few months. A lot of mainstream company is getting in to making parts IE rods, pistons and cranks that make this a lot more cost effective.
The supply of cores and compliant engine at a reasonable cost are really getting better. I was at my core company a month ago and he had 75 Dmax cores in all quality’s and the price was between $1000 for a long block to less than $3000 for complete and runnable engine.
I have been working with GM PP on a complete package of connectors for the stock LBZ standalone ECM. , and getting a harness company to make me the first 20 .

This is more than the diesel world, but mainstream Hot Rodders that will be putting these in street machines. The door will open when the mainstream aftermarket realizes the opportunity that is diesel.

One of the baddest street rides I've seen is a Chevy II wagon with a parallel turbo'd dmax in it that is pure patina and slammed. Bad azz ride for sure!

One of the baddest street rides I've seen is a Chevy II wagon with a parallel turbo'd dmax in it that is pure patina and slammed. Bad azz ride for sure!
Diesels haven’t made it big here yet!! Drag racing that is. I would love to see it happen in a couple years.:nos:

Greg, thanks for all the help and info, leg work is 90% of the battle. (Knowledge is a good weapon to have in this sport)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92VOUYSBiUQ"]duramax chevelle, sacramento raceway 4-10-10 - YouTube[/ame]

Stock engine LB7 with stock turbo dropped into a basically stock street Chevelle. I tune it with an off the shelve ecm and standard efi. This was over 2 years ago. This fall it now has a built engine and some other upgrades competing in the 10.5 outlaw class. First event it ran in the 10's but had some drivetrain parts go boom. This is not new nor do you need a bunch of fancy stuff.

Car looks to run really strong through the quarter mile!! I didn’t see it nose dive at all. That thing is moving good to put a 70 chevelle in the 10’s. Nice build!!

If you’re up on LS engine structure than you going to see a lot of similarities in the Dmax.

I understand that a duramax might fit easier in a mustang. But i would sure rather "shoe horn" a 12v in there then deal with the headaches that will come with the duramax. OP go and research what a cummins swap would cost then research what a duramax swap would cost. Not just that, but the difference in price to make the hp needed for your goal. Once you go through all that, post up what you have found. Either way it will be an awesome build. But i know how it is when it comes to building on a budget.
Well been doing some research the last few days on this build! The pony may be setting in the barn till summer if not longer! Duramax + wiring harness + ECM+ Programmer = Holy Cow!!

Well been doing some research the last few days on this build! The pony may be setting in the barn till summer if not longer! Duramax + wiring harness + ECM+ Programmer = Holy Cow!!

And a simple 12v can be had for $1500 and needs 2 wires

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's kind of what I figured your reaction would be. No one gave you any idea on what that build would roughly cost. Just a bunch of pictures and videos of a guy with a car and a blank check.

And a simple 12v can be had for $1500 and needs 2 wires

Don’t forget a transmission adapter, and cutting the car practically in half to make it fit. The Dmax engine is a drop in anywhere a Big block Chevy, mopar, or ford will fit. With this new harness the wiring will be easy and half what it’s been in the past.
I don’t see a stock 12 valve making 500 hp as it comes from the wrecking yard for $1500 .

Adapted to what? If he was smart, he would get a whole getup for $2500, $2000 for a Trans refresh and a single disk torque converter, some $600 injectors and a cheap HE351cw for $400. That would put him close to bigblue I would think.

Cutting the hole car I'n half... Idk about that. You could have a 500hp 12v I'n there much cheaper than you could a 500hp 6.6.

no need to change injectors , just good old EFI live . and a stock Dmax will make that kind of power with out smoke,
remember you have no place to put a stack on a car,

your going to spend about the same money.

no need to change injectors , just good old EFI live . and a stock Dmax will make that kind of power with out smoke,
remember you have no place to put a stack on a car,

your going to spend about the same money.

A hood stack fits on any car. :poke:

Back