Cummins NTC-350

Well finding a bigger exhaust housing is the issue. I called the shop that I deal with and gave him the assembly number on my charger and they told me it was an earlier HT60 and they didnt have any turbine housings to fit my charger.

I thought that the early HT60s used the same turbine wheel the HT3bs did and the new HT60s used a larger turbine wheel. Well I know for a fact that an HT3b turbine housing will not fit my charger. It was a fresh rebuild when I bought the charger, so I'm thinking who ever rebuilt it put the larger turbine wheel in the charger when it was rebuilt.

Well finding a bigger exhaust housing is the issue. I called the shop that I deal with and gave him the assembly number on my charger and they told me it was an earlier HT60 and they didnt have any turbine housings to fit my charger.

I thought that the early HT60s used the same turbine wheel the HT3bs did and the new HT60s used a larger turbine wheel. Well I know for a fact that an HT3b turbine housing will not fit my charger. It was a fresh rebuild when I bought the charger, so I'm thinking who ever rebuilt it put the larger turbine wheel in the charger when it was rebuilt.

New HT60s are basicly reverse rotation HX60s, don't know what those older are. We buy Cummins housings from Cummins dealer, never asked HT60 housings though.

Last edited:
Well the only place I know to get a new housing for an HT60 would be through a Cummins dealer. Holset is owned by Cummins. Any Cummins dealer around me wouldn't be able to get me what I want without part numbers. The shop we deal with are into hot rod stuff so they know we need.

The HT60 is an updated HT3b. The HT designates the revers rotation. I think I need a bigger housing regardless though.

Lenny, you ever seen any of the internally waste gated housings for the HT60?

No, what engine used them ?

There are only two working part numbers in quickserve, both show being used on natural gas powered KT engines.

What are your thoughts on timing one of these 855s or any other PT fuel engine. Take my engine for example, a stock 400 has the timing set at .070, I plan on having this engine go down the track at 3500rpm and probably never pull below 1800rpm. If you were building from scratch where would you guys ideally like your timing set at. Current injectors are close to a stock 475 twin turbo injector, rail pressure at full song is 550psi give or take some.

What are your thoughts on timing one of these 855s or any other PT fuel engine. Take my engine for example, a stock 400 has the timing set at .070, I plan on having this engine go down the track at 3500rpm and probably never pull below 1800rpm. If you were building from scratch where would you guys ideally like your timing set at. Current injectors are close to a stock 475 twin turbo injector, rail pressure at full song is 550psi give or take some.

PT timing is quite difficult subject because it is changing all the time with different fuel pressure, injector size and governor settings. At least you don't need to retard it, maybe advance a little bit. If not lugging under 1800 rpm I'd say you can try .060 first, then later advance maybe more if it's not knocking. Too bad it's not as easy to change timing as P-pump or similar.

I lowered the front end a bit today. The driver side spring pack had 10 leafs in it and the passenger side had 11. It used to lean to the driver side and that drove me nuts. So I took 6 leafs out if the passenger side and 5 out if the drivers side. It lowered the front about 4-5 inches over all. I love the look.

Before:
ytu3ajem.jpg

After:
ju5umegu.jpg

Well I haven't updated this very much lately. We've been to two pulls this year so far. At our first pull I was a little disappointed with the trucks performance (I was last place). But I realized I was way underpowered and the truck pulled well for what it is.

After our first pull I ordered a bigger set of injectors. I put them in an had a skip, the engine ran really rough and it wouldn't shut down. Which led me to believe I had a stuck injector. So I put my stock injectors in to confirm that theory. It ran like a sewing machine with the stock injectors.

We went to two pulls over the weekend, of course I was last place or real close to it, but the tuck pulled well for what it is.

Here is an in-cab video from Sunday. I'll have to get Saturdays pull loaded up tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjkx8zSjOg

This is most of our class minus a Dodge Big Horn with a KTA and a Pete with an ISX

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXU5Dd4MqBs"]SPI 2014: D&W Diesel Day Street Semi - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a video from the truck pull this weekend. My truck pulled well, probably the best it has ever pulled Saturday night. I slipped the clutch out a little further than usual and it hooked up and took off.

Usually I feel the weight hit the front of the sled and I'm done. Saturday night I felt the weight hit the front of the sled and it kept digging. It still drew the engine right down at the end of the truck, but not as bad as usual. I wish I could get it to keep the RPMs up and spin out instead of dying out.

[ame="http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/RockinRam96/media/ZachSmethport20140705_zps6dcea0ad.mp4.html"]ZachSmethport20140705_zps6dcea0ad.mp4 Video by RockinRam96 | Photobucket[/ame]

Looks like you could really use some fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully I get a call today and find out what went wrong with my "big" injectors. Should have a bit more fuel when I get those in. But at that point I will be maxed out on fuel. Unless I get custom injectors made....

Back