Cummins swap ramblings

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
lubeowner said:
I got a cousin who has a brother in law from Chicago and he told me some pretty interesting storys of an engineer from Chicago and some stuff he is working on and he was not going to stop until he broke 1000 hp with the 6.0 and last I heard he was pretty close and this was crank horsepower and because it is on an engine dyno and once he gets it done he will release it and the knowlege got leaked out and Rich didn't you once live in the Chicago area and that could mean this is the same guy and that would be pretty cool and knowing that we know of the same guy I will have to call my cousin to have him call his brother in law from Chicago and see if this story checks out and if it does I will release all the details and the information will be useful so all of us can make more power and stuff and can go to dyno events and beat those damn cum a parts and laugh at Rich because he is a sell out and I will buy him a beer to down his sorrows and I will still laugh at him for giving up on the 6.0 so easily.

I'm fine with being called a sell out...I'll be a sell out with 750 on fuel and no worries about throwing another rod out the block. The rest of you should be so lucky.

reg-cab said:
i didnt know that cummins didnt break.
Of course they break....but if you had to bet on the reliability of a 750HP 6.0 vs a 750HP Cummins...which would you pick to last the longest ?

what is 750HP 6.0? final answer

if everyone decided to give up on a motor and do a swap..where would that put us?

As the world turns..:pop: :blahblah1: It's a regular fricken soap opera sometimes:doh:

Abrannan19 said:
what is 750HP 6.0? final answer

if everyone decided to give up on a motor and do a swap..where would that put us?
Get back to me if you ever grenade one...once you weigh the options it's pretty easy to make the choice to swap.

That being said...I think there's a topic in here somewhere.
Someone start another thread if you wanna debate this topic further.

can I make a WTF ever thread in the 6.0 section where we can shoot the breeze or argue or debate about anything without having to come into another thread..or having to start a new topic..I am thinking..maybe others will agree that maybe it should be a sticky?

staying with a 6.0 if I grenade it..just for the record.

how many reliable miles did you get out of you high HP 6.0? a decent amount I am pretty sure..it didn't let you down..atleast not IMHO

I'd rather you didn't. We have other forums specifically for stuff like that.
This is a tech forum and we'd like to attempt to keep it that way.

if everyone wants a cummins so bad why i dont know why didnt you buy a dodge.

reg-cab said:

Because I like the Fords better except the motor.:thankyou2:

reg-cab said:

only good part about the dodge is the motor..

I know its coming so..'the only good part to a ford is everything except the motor'

UNBROKEN said:
Get back to me if you ever grenade one...once you weigh the options it's pretty easy to make the choice to swap.

That being said...I think there's a topic in here somewhere.
Someone start another thread if you wanna debate this topic further.

I didnt ....Thank you. I was gona but didnt give up on the 6oh.....And you cant tell me I didnt spend some serious cash this winter

heinzboy said:
Because I like the Fords better except the motor.:thankyou2:

X2 I get the displeasure of driving a 1999 and a 02 1 ton Dodge at work and to be frank the interiors of the trucks are crap. Also the drivers seats ALWAYS have the lean towards the door. SORRY off topic

I bought the Ford because IMHO it's the best looking truck on the market. I said from day one that if I blew the 6.0 a Cummins was going in...I did...so it is.

I also have an 06 Dodge 2500 w/CTD
The motor is flawless to date...the rest is falling apart. 75K miles and it's had brakes, ball joints, tie rod ends and a few other things replaced....and like stated above...the seats are breaking down so fast it's not funny. I have a gangsta lean every time I drive whether I like it or not.

As far as reliability with a modded motor....please give me a break if you honestly think a true 750-800 HP 6.0 will last for any appreciable amount of time. I may be proven wrong one day...but right now they just aren't holding up. Not just issues like I had...but issues I didn't know I had that are more common than people know....like cracked heads.
I love the motor...don't get me wrong...mine treated me very well for a good long time.
BUT...the power I want just isn't readily available on a 6.0 right now....and I don't feel like being a guinea pig any more so I went with a tried and true combo that many trucks have put well over 100K on with no issues.

Last edited:
Back