Cummins swap ramblings

see..this is the part I dont understand..maybe I am a tard..

the way I see it #291 (starbucks LOL)

if we have a topic about lets just say..injectors..20 post about the injectors in a positive light or something that is relative to the post topic..then 1-2 post that are not directly related to the topic but do spark a debate or intrest or general converstaion or even an arguement..

if he have a WTF ever thread in the 6.0 section..(maybe in the duramax and cummins too) to take that topic to by saying 'hey this is getting off the OP topic at had' if you wish to continue your discussion please take it here and we have no problem with you continuing you conversation without F'ing up the OP's thread and no one (prime example this thread) having to start a new thread or mods having to move **** around or constantly tell us to stay on topic..cause there wont really be one..therefore you cant mess it up.

IMO this would cut down on stupid new threads and alot of the mods work..

Trans, labor, motor and mods....20-25K give or take. A whole lot less if you do it yourself...I just flat don't have the time.

I gotta agree with richard on this. Superduty the best looking truck. Cummins is the best engine. Put them together and it is better than any.

UNBROKEN said:
Trans, labor, motor and mods....20-25K give or take. A whole lot less if you do it yourself...I just flat don't have the time.

I don't love my truck that much.:hehe: but you never know what might happen in the future.

why is it the best? my 6.0 has 70000 hard miles and ive put one injector in it thats it . yes the cummins is a good engine so is the 6.0 $.02

Say I would have spent 18K without labor....now lets put that into a 6.0.
head studs and install...what is it now ? 1500 bucks ? I really don't know
injectors ~1500
trans ~ 5000
turbo ~ 2000
rods...at 850 HP you need them ~ 3000 + install of how much ?????
fuel system ~ 1000 bucks which is cheap
rod install ???? 2000 sound cheap enough ?
nitrous ~1000

There's 17K....and I know I left some stuff out. Throw twins on it and you're at ~19K...and STILL probably don't have 850 HP cause you don't have enough oil to fire the big sticks needed to make 850.

Sure you can offset some cost by selling stuff you already have. I did it and so does everyone else....
If you have a big enough budget to experiment and break stuff then be my guest. I don't have a budget like that...I like to eat too.

heinzboy said:
I don't love my truck that much.:hehe:QUOTE] Thats why I am going to keep my ford stock and buy a old Dodge to mess around with and not have to drive very often

UNBROKEN said:
I have a full billet 48RE...everything you can throw at one.

regular price..what 7500 bucks maxed out..maybe more

fully built torqshift 5k (high estimate)

reg-cab said:
why is it the best? my 6.0 has 70000 hard miles and ive put one injector in it thats it . yes the cummins is a good engine so is the 6.0 $.02

I have got 2 6.0ls. One is running awesome with no issues, and the other has been down a few times. Guess it just depends if you got a motor that was built the next day after all the partys. :hehe: :kick:

yeah i'm greatful i havent any issues. but they all have good and bad ones.

Abrannan19 said:
regular price..what 7500 bucks maxed out..maybe more

fully built torqshift 5k (high estimate)
If you buy one already built...that's about right.
I pieced my own together and it was built in Houston by the shop that builds Hellmann's race trannys....I have about 5K in it...haven't really added it all up....could be less.

Yes I did...on a lot of stuff...and those people are thanked in my Sig.

I don't claim to know near as much stuff as you guys, and I won't suggest anyone is going in the wrong direction. I definetly agree with doing a swap on a 7.3 or 6.9, but isn't it a little early to give up on the 6.0. How long did it take the 5.9 to get where it is today, 10-15 years? The 6.0 has only been out for 6 years and apparently folks are making more power daily. Is it too soon to give up or is the 6.0 nearly maxed out?

:pop:

I dont think its maxed out yet, but for the money you need to spend to get it there is questionable.

Back