Cummins swap ramblings

lubeowner said:
I figure all I have to do is drive my truck down to Florida to Dyno and I should be able to make 750 there.*bdh*
Now that's funny right there. :hehe:

lubeowner said:
I figure all I have to do is drive my truck down to Florida to Dyno and I should be able to make 750 there.*bdh*
:gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag:

dzlfarmboy said:
Some people just can't swallow their Blue Oval pride.
Nothing will shake my blue oval pride....Ford hands down makes the best looking, longest lasting truck out there. It's International I don't have much confidence in.

And by longest lasting...I'm talking body, interior...the total package.
A CTD can go a bazillion miles...but you'll be driving nothing but a frame and motor cause the rest of the truck will be rotted away. LOL

I got a 95 that I would put up against any Ford of that age and mileage;) Good body, no rust, and still going strong at 340K used and abused miles:D

In most cases though, I do tend to agree...the Fords usually hold up good, or at least have a better average. Of course, other than my two Dodges, we're all Chevy, and we beat the heck outta them and they keep coming back for more. We've never gotten rid of one with less that 200K miles after 5 years!

Chris

UNBROKEN said:
Nothing will shake my blue oval pride....Ford hands down makes the best looking, longest lasting truck out there. It's International I don't have much confidence in.

A CTD can go a bazillion miles...but you'll be driving nothing but a frame and motor cause the rest of the truck will be rotted away. LOL

Or maybe it's better said that thier just in Powerstroke denial :hehe:

i know im jumping in on this late but i agree with the cummins swap. ive thrown the idea around of buying a dodge but i just dont think i could do it. when, not if, my motor gives i will be doin a cummins swap. im already into it for gettin rid of the EGR cooler, cleaning the turbo, replacing the crappy stock fuel system, ive got some bad injectors so they are going to get replaced, cracked up-pipes, been thru 3 tranmissions(with suncoast), and im sure once the injectors and fuel system are on it ill be needing HGs and studs. then turbo and :bang. way too much money. i want a 12v for cheap, reliable HP. $.02 oh, or maybe ill get a 6.4.:hehe:

Garrett

I will bite on this one as well. I can not complain one bit about my 6.0L. I am slowly but surely going for 500+hp on mine. I am on a very tight budget but I like to go against the flow, I want to stay with the 6.0 just to be diffrent. Yea it is easier to use a cummins to get there but what is the fun in that.

I will bite on this one as well. I can not complain one bit about my 6.0L. I am slowly but surely going for 500+hp on mine. I am on a very tight budget but I like to go against the flow, I want to stay with the 6.0 just to be diffrent. Yea it is easier to use a cummins to get there but what is the fun in that.

the fun for me would be having more money to go out and have fun. everytime i get ahead and get some money put aside, something on my truck goes out. and i go right back to 0. its not so fun anymore. i do love my truck and the 6.0 is great. but it just doesnt fit my budget right now. maybe later on i will be able to tho.

Garrett

the fun for me would be having more money to go out and have fun. everytime i get ahead and get some money put aside, something on my truck goes out. and i go right back to 0. its not so fun anymore. i do love my truck and the 6.0 is great. but it just doesnt fit my budget right now. maybe later on i will be able to tho.

Garrett

I must be one of the lucky ones, because my truck has never been in the shop. But also I bought it brand new and I am the only one that has been behind the wheel. Like I said I have to be diffrent and try to see what I can get out of my 6.0.:D

not true, but whatever gets you through the day... :confused:

Back