Custom engine parts

Im going to assume it was tiged.

Posted to CumminsForum via autoguide for iphone.

Ya everything is tig welded. I use an everlast 200dx welder. They are cheaper units made overseas but I have had no issues with it and it was 1/4 the cost of a new miller.

Well i knew it was tig , guess i miss worded my question, i wanted to know what brand welder you had?

Ya everything is tig welded. I use an everlast 200dx welder. They are cheaper units made overseas but I have had no issues with it and it was 1/4 the cost of a new miller.

I was looking into those. One guy I work with has one and he loves it. He told me his pedal quit working but has not had any issues with the machine itself. Obviously yours is working out good. Nice work!:clap:

I was looking into those. One guy I work with has one and he loves it. He told me his pedal quit working but has not had any issues with the machine itself. Obviously yours is working out good. Nice work!:clap:

Ya I have been having some issues with my pedal lately too, seems like a connection has come loose inside or something. Overall the welder works awesome though. I love having the control of an inverter type welder.

$$$$$??????

Any plans on making anymore headers? What size wall stainless did you use? I really want to get some tubular headers to replace the 3 piece I have now. Good work man!

Any plans on making anymore headers? What size wall stainless did you use? I really want to get some tubular headers to replace the 3 piece I have now. Good work man!

Thanks for the kind words. That header is made from 2" OD .120" wall 304 SS mandrel bent tubing.

I could probably make more headers the only issue would be turbo placement is way outboard of the stock location on my header. Which would require custom downpipe, charge pipe etc. Send me a pm if your serious about it and we will go from there.

Holy crap, I wish I could fab half as well as you. Wish I could tig too. I'll be looking into the Everlast 200dx you were talking about though.

Holy crap, I wish I could fab half as well as you. Wish I could tig too. I'll be looking into the Everlast 200dx you were talking about though.

Tig takes lots of practice and lots of patience.

Lucky for me I've got lots of patience and am very willing to learn.

Your going to spend a lot of time grinding tungsten when you start out.

Listen to this welder!^

I plan on listening to any advice I get on tig welding, or welding in general.

We've got a nice water-cooled Miller machine at work. Problem is the only maintenance guy that is "allowed" to TIG hides the tungsten so nobody can learn. I've asked him to show me just how to get started but he won't. Think he's afraid I'll screw it up but it's not like I'm going to start adjusting everything since I have no idea what most of it does.

Kinda sucks when I'm actually willing to learn and get shut down. Guess all the older maintenance guys think my young ass will run them out of their jobs if I can do everything they can. I'm the youngest maintenance guy there at 24 and the next up is 32, then 34. All the rest of the guys are in their 50s and 60s.

I plan on listening to any advice I get on tig welding, or welding in general.

We've got a nice water-cooled Miller machine at work. Problem is the only maintenance guy that is "allowed" to TIG hides the tungsten so nobody can learn. I've asked him to show me just how to get started but he won't. Think he's afraid I'll screw it up but it's not like I'm going to start adjusting everything since I have no idea what most of it does.

Kinda sucks when I'm actually willing to learn and get shut down. Guess all the older maintenance guys think my young ass will run them out of their jobs if I can do everything they can. I'm the youngest maintenance guy there at 24 and the next up is 32, then 34. All the rest of the guys are in their 50s and 60s.

All it takes is time under the hood. Tig welding takes hand eye coordination and being able to understand how metal reacts and moves in a molten state and as a solid. I enjoy tig welding. I enjoy any welding unless I'm at work lol

Back