Custom engine parts

All it takes is time under the hood. Tig welding takes hand eye coordination and being able to understand how metal reacts and moves in a molten state and as a solid. I enjoy tig welding. I enjoy any welding unless I'm at work lol

Isn't that the truth, tig welding is expensive. Go and price a tig torch and the expendables, it'll hurt.
The absolute only way to learn is to do it, reading does help. Best advise is start out right, if you start a bad habit its going to be hard to get rid of. If you cant get your hands on a tig machine practice with oxy-fuel welding. Way cheaper.
Work really hard on puddle control and getting a steady rhythm down.

Posted to CumminsForum via autoguide for iphone.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343880245.903918.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343880271.854760.jpg
Here's a couple pics of an exhaust I fabbed up for a guy on the weekend. I thought it was kind of a cool idea he had exiting out the back like that

Isn't that the truth, tig welding is expensive. Go and price a tig torch and the expendables, it'll hurt.
The absolute only way to learn is to do it, reading does help. Best advise is start out right, if you start a bad habit its going to be hard to get rid of. If you cant get your hands on a tig machine practice with oxy-fuel welding. Way cheaper.
Work really hard on puddle control and getting a steady rhythm down.

No kidding!!! Fortunately I haven't had to pay for any of the materials, consumables, parts, or machines all through school or work but at home it kills me. When I first started tig welding at 16 a person would have thought my tungsten is a consumable lol

Your not supposed to use it as filler metal hahaha

I priced the TIG unit the OP is using. ~$1200 which isn't bad compared to a high-end American built unit, and I love buying American made stuff, but I'd buy a China unit to start out on.

If I can convince the guy at work to let me use the unit we have at work, I'll be able to practice more.

I priced the TIG unit the OP is using. ~$1200 which isn't bad compared to a high-end American built unit, and I love buying American made stuff, but I'd buy a China unit to start out on.

If I can convince the guy at work to let me use the unit we have at work, I'll be able to practice more.

Thats about the price of a comparable hobart unit iirc.

I did a lot of research before I bought my welder. I think you'll find that it's hard to beat the everlast in terms of bang for your buck. They have alot of features that are nice like pulsing, ac frequency control, downslope etc. Being able to adjust the ac frequency is something you can only get with an inverter type welder. It can actually allow you use a sharpened red tungsten when welding aluminum which is a huge benefit over the old school balled green tungsten for aluminum. I don't like the fact that it's a Chinese welder either and I keep waiting for something to screw up. But I've had it for almost 3 years now with no problems

I have been lucky enough to see Josh's work in person - absolutely amazing for a person who is as young as he is!!! never mind a seasoned pro welder. He is an artist with that welder

Back