Custom radiator

spooled05

I've been looking into a better rad core and was talking with a guy that said he could get me 2 row 1 1/4" or 2 row 1 1/2" but asked me what i was doing with it. So after talkin it over for a while he said "why dont u just tripple pass the factory core?" Whats that i asked, he explained it to ma so i am in the process of doing just that and a friend of mine said i should start a thread on here about it. So here it is
rad005.jpg

rad004.jpg

rad003.jpg

rad002.jpg

rad2002.jpg

-10 fitting for drain
rad2001.jpg

All i need is some alum rod for bottom mounts and 2" o/d pipe for hoses than misc mounting foe my electric fans
electricfans010.jpg

2 taurus fans

Last edited:
nice! Have you pressure tested it yet?

(Drinking from a red version of that same Koosie right now!)

LOL! Yea it held press, for 48 hrs . just waiting for material for inlet/outlet than i will put it in service!

Well hurry up! And who said I was your friend? LOL It's lookin good Zack, keep it up bro. because we need to start on my 4 pass radiator!

Well hurry up! And who said I was your friend? LOL It's lookin good Zack, keep it up bro. because we need to start on my 4 pass radiator!

Yeah who's friends with this guy?? Haha just effin with ya zack, I need to come by the house an see that sh¡t!

Yeah who's friends with this guy?? Haha just effin with ya zack, I need to come by the house an see that sh¡t!

Well thank goodness Zack didn't post up pics of himself tig welding! I mean who wants to see a grown man welding with a 2-piece bikini on!:hehe:

Plastic tanks are off the radiator and intercooler Zack! Guess it's about time to get that bikini back out! LOL

What i find disturbing is you keep talkin about me in a bikini ! LOL!
Capped off bottom mounts for a more finished look , just waitin for pipe for inlet and outlet.
rad001.jpg

How much more additional cooling do you figure this will give in terms of additional sustained HP?

Thanks guys! Im not sure but it will be alot more efficient. I need to get a infared temp gun and do some normal runs and get inlet outlet temps with stock rad to compare to the new one to see how much it will help. I need to get a hole saw tomorrow and some 1" alum. rod to drill /tap and weld to tanks for mounting fans/ trans cooler. I built a new water neck and redid top hose and got rid af the gaudy ppe setup.
waterneck001.jpg

waterneck002.jpg

Very nice! Is this something that could be done to a 12v rad?

For sure! I got a 12/24v radiator im gonna do and let a friend use it that tows some heavy stuff to see how it works.
Im also gonna do 2 Lincoln mark 4,5,8 what ever they are, LOL fans and a custom schroud.

Last edited:
Back