Custom radiator

Still havent installed radiator hopefully this week, heres some pics of Bullracks i/c cause his phone sux!

stuff067.jpg

stuff066.jpg

stuff065.jpg

Ok,someone explain WHY you need a better radiator in these things??

I've towed 50K gross with a 12v, 24v, and now a 6.7L, and even at 450hp, they all stay at the same normal temperature.

If you need more than 450hp at any weight towing then I believe the radiator might be a concern a bit farther down on the list....Brakes would be at the top of said list

IMHO,
Chris

Do i need it , about as much as i need a 800+ daily driver! LOL Had the extra rad and felt like a new project! The i/c and soon to be rad (core in back ground) is for Bullracks 12v ford conv.

Ok,someone explain WHY you need a better radiator in these things??

I've towed 50K gross with a 12v, 24v, and now a 6.7L, and even at 450hp, they all stay at the same normal temperature.

If you need more than 450hp at any weight towing then I believe the radiator might be a concern a bit farther down on the list....Brakes would be at the top of said list

IMHO,
Chris
Well, we built a 600hp 12V for my SuperDuty and built twins with the intent to tow whatever in the hell we decided to hook to. With that in mind, I couldn't keep the plastic end tanks from splitting when I had the 6.0, much less the twin turbo Cummins! While I'm at it, why not replace the radiator plastic end tanks too? This allows me to have my water inlet and outlet on the same side of the radiator, top and bottom for the Cummins. Makes a lot more sense now, doesn't it?

Well, we built a 600hp 12V for my SuperDuty and built twins with the intent to tow whatever in the hell we decided to hook to. With that in mind, I couldn't keep the plastic end tanks from splitting when I had the 6.0, much less the twin turbo Cummins! While I'm at it, why not replace the radiator plastic end tanks too? This allows me to have my water inlet and outlet on the same side of the radiator, top and bottom for the Cummins. Makes a lot more sense now, doesn't it?

That's a Ford part;)

In your case, with the Ford cooling system being marginal at best, I fully agree a better method is needed. I also will add that the 12v should run a lot nicer than the 6.0L;)

My experience is with Dodge cooling systems only.
Chris

I know where you were coming from Chris, just bustin your chops a little! You are right, in my case it was needed badly.

Still havent installed radiator hopefully this week, heres some pics of Bullracks i/c cause his phone sux!

stuff067.jpg

stuff066.jpg

stuff065.jpg
Lookin good Zack! I'm sure you had much more fun finishing my i/c than I did with the whole family in Frisco for the FC Dallas game! I can still hear those stupid horns that the homo's behind us kept tootin!LOL At least FC Dallas won!

I know where you were coming from Chris, just bustin your chops a little! You are right, in my case it was needed badly.

I am almost immune to chop busting....I grew up in a shop surrounded by retarded mechanics....now I'm one of them:D

I can take a good chop busting, as long as I'm allowed to give it back...
Chris

Any feed back on how the radiator performs?
Zack is installing his on his CR this week and mine is the core in the pics above without tanks yet. We didn't really need extra cooling so we expect them to perform at least as good as the stockers.

Well i finished the mounts and everything and agot it all fitted up , new shroud and all!
rad1001_zpsea5d3ad6.jpg

rad1002_zps4bc98ccb.jpg

rad1003_zps0ba15945.jpg

rad1004_zpsc85f98c0.jpg

rad1005_zps2eb71f89.jpg

I deleted the heat xchanger and installed a b&m super cooler with -8 lines so i had to make some brckets for the new cooler, alot more room an drivers side of engine now! I had a inj. stick and dropped exh. seats in #1 cylinder and head cracked so im waiting on new head from machine shop and ill have it on the road for testing.

Tanner says he's buyin you a 10,000 pack of shop rags for Christmas!:poke:

Back