Custom trans cooler set up: Ideas & pointers.

Yes , the 6.0 cooler is in the factory spot all by itself. There’s 2 different sizes so make sure you get the bigger 32 row one

Great post. I know my next teams upgrade.

OP. You deleted the AC but plan to tow through Death Valley?

OP. You deleted the AC but plan to tow through Death Valley?

I’m snowbirding to Death Valley/ Southern Arizona area now. Attempting to make it a permanent stay before retirement. I’m planning on using PTO to power a RV is the main reason for a robust cooling system. Not towing.

Yes , the 6.0 cooler is in the factory spot all by itself. There’s 2 different sizes so make sure you get the bigger 32 row one

I’m leaning towards the fancy Mishimoto 6.0 cooler. Two if possible. It’s a good price. Engineering the lines and fittings is my area of focus. I’ve overhauled a few 47re but never engineered an entire cooling system.

Another vote for 6.0 cooler. I deleted all the stock system and used compression to -8 jic at the cooler. With -8 steel braided line.

Another vote for 6.0 cooler. I deleted all the stock system and used compression to -8 jic at the cooler. With -8 steel braided line.

How do those compression adapters work for ya? I wanna redo mine and was torn between welding on fittings and using compression adapters.

I added one of the inline "heat sinks" that is a finned tube that adds a couple qts fluid capacity along with a double derale cooler. It dropped temp from 210 to mid 180s on my drag truck. It can be added to whatever cooler you go with and will drop 20 degrees.

Back