Daily Bread

Thank you very much for posting these. I found these yesterday and subscribed by email. I thought it would be a nice way to get in a little study every day. Today's was the first one and I have to say It was aimed right at me. I might add one verse that I first heard on 3:10 to Yuma, funny as it sounds. Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord pondereth the heart.

Thanks again
Zach

It Is My Business

ODB RADIO: Listen Now | Download
READ: Leviticus 19:11-18

You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge . . . , but you shall love your neighbor as yourself. —Leviticus 19:18

In 1955, when the South was still highly segregated, Emmett Till, a black teenager from Chicago , visited relatives in Mississippi . After Emmett “dared” to talk to a white woman, two white men brutally murdered him. An all-white, male jury found the two “not guilty”—after deliberating for barely an hour. The two men later confessed to the crime in a Life magazine article.

Following the verdict, Emmett’s mother said, “Two months ago I had a nice apartment in Chicago . I had a good job. I had a son. When something happened to Negroes in the South, I said, ‘That’s their business, not mine.’ Now I know how wrong I was. The murder of my son has shown me that what happens to any of us, anywhere in the world, had better be the business of us all.”

Making another’s concerns our own is what Leviticus 19:18 calls us to do: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Jesus quotes this verse and interprets it as not placing any limitations on loving those around us (Matt. 22:39; Luke 10:25-37). Our neighbor doesn’t just mean someone close by; it’s anyone who has a need. We are to care for others as we care for ourselves.

To love our neighbor means to make the persecution, suffering, and injustice of our fellow human beings our own. It is the business of all who follow Christ. — Marvin Williams

For Further Thought
How can we be a good neighbor? Be respectful to all. Lend a hand. Volunteer. Join a neighborhood association. Speak up when others are treated unjustly.

Compassion puts love into action.

Never Satisfied But Always Content

READ: Philippians 3:7-14

I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. —Philippians 3:14

Tiger Woods is clearly the greatest golfer of his generation. His ability to perform under pressure and win is becoming legendary. Yet what motivates Woods is not just winning, it’s his passion for excellence. Despite his great success, Tiger has repeatedly refined his swing in an ongoing effort to improve his game and be a better golfer. His desire for excellence leaves him never satisfied.

The apostle Paul was also driven by a desire for excellence—but in his relationship with Christ. Paul, however, taught that we’re to have balance. While we’re never to be satisfied with our spiritual progress, we’re always to be content in Christ.

In his letter to the Philippians, Paul expressed both realities. While writing from prison, he declared his contentment with life’s circumstances, entrusting them to God’s care (Phil. 4:11). Nevertheless, he refused to be satisfied with his own spiritual progress. He did not count himself to have “apprehended” (to have arrived and achieved it all). Instead, he was committed to pressing on toward the goal (3:13-14).

Learning to balance contentment with a desire for excellence may be the forgotten key to our ongoing spiritual growth and advancement. — Bill Crowder

I give my life to You, O Lord,
To follow and obey;
Grant me contentment as I strive
For excellence each day. —Sper

Godliness with contentment is great gain. —1 Timothy 6:6

A Mutual Friend

READ: John 15:9-17

I have called you friends. —John 15:15

Imagine being a visitor in a foreign land, showing up unannounced at a gathering of people you have never met and who have never heard of you—and then being allowed to address that group just a few minutes later. That can happen only if something breaks down barriers— something like mutual friends.

It happened when I took a missions team to a church service in Discovery Bay , Jamaica . Before we left the US , my friend Dorant Brown, a Jamaican pastor, recommended a church to attend. So when we arrived at the church, and I mentioned Pastor Brown, we were not only welcomed, but I was also asked to speak briefly and our team was asked to sing.

While sharing Dorant’s name was vital, I really don’t think it was that mutual friend who got us such a warm welcome. I think it was our shared Friend and Savior Jesus who opened our Jamaican friends’ hearts to our visit.

Have you experienced a connection with someone you just met when you tell them you too know Jesus? He’s a friend who laid down His life for us (John 15:13), and He makes brothers and sisters of all who believe (1 Peter 2:17).

Jesus. Our Savior. Our mutual Friend. He joins hearts around the world under the banner of His love. — Dave Branon

Join hands, then, brothers of the faith,
Whate’er your race may be;
Who serves my Father as a son
Is surely kin to me. —Oxenham

Those who are drawn to Christ are drawn to each other.

Healing Wounded Relationships

I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you.
2 Kings 20:5 NIV
Just sitting waiting for healing to happen doesn't help; it only lengthens the process. Working to become a positive influence is what moves things forward. If you want to help:
Listen. When your loved one needs to talk, listen without trying to defend, explain, rationalize or excuse your behavior. Don't try to correct their 'misperceptions' or lessen their pain by minimizing it. Validate. Don't tell somebody, "You shouldn't feel that way." When people talk about their pain, often they're doing the work necessary to help them heal. By letting them know their feelings are legitimate rather than making them feel weak or silly, you enable them to work through the negative emotions. Apologize. Yes, again! Whoever said, "Love means never having to say you're sorry," didn't know much about human relationships. Every genuine apology promotes healing. A heartfelt "I'm so sorry" is medicine to a wounded soul. So apply it till it's no longer needed - and your loved one will let you know when that is. Repair. Offer to help repair the hurt you've caused. "I know I've wounded you, and I really want to know what I can do to help heal the damage." Genuinely spoken, those words realign and make you part of the solution, not just the cause of the problem.
God said, "I have heard your prayers and seen your tears; I will heal you," and the sooner you become actively engaged in promoting the healing process, the sooner you'll get out of the penalty box and back on the field.

At Whit's End:
Has your faith in Jesus Christ caused strain in a relationship (or more) in your life? Welcome to the club, you're in good company. Can you imagine being one of the original disciples and being hated by many of their Jewish brethren? It may be tough being a believer, but it is very much worth the faith you put in Jesus. God cares about what you are going through in these broken relationships, especially when your faith puts you in the minority. Faith and prayer, if they are sincere and directed toward the One true God, can change any situation. So, keep the faith and press on...the Lord has your back.
--Whit

Thinking About Cutting Corners?

Set an example... in life...
1 Timothy 4:12 NIV
Writer Kathryn Lay learned about honesty when she was on holiday in Texas . She and her husband were having lunch at a little restaurant when a lady walked in, handed her a dollar bill and said, 'I'm sorry, but I short-changed you earlier.' Recognizing her as a sales assistant from a store she'd been in earlier Lay asked, 'How'd you know I was here?' Amazed, she learned that the woman had gone from store to store looking for her. Lay also tells about another man who returned a TV to the store and got his money back. Later, after realizing the amount had also been credited to his Visa he did nothing. Lay writes: 'Does God want us to be just a little honest… or only in certain situations… or only when someone's looking? How much dishonesty is too much? Sometimes I'm the only person who knows whether I'm being honest or not. Do I keep the extra change, cheat on my expenses, ignore the double credit on my statement? Do I tell my daughter a white lie is still a lie, but later tell the police officer my accelerator stuck? When did honesty become an endangered species? Somewhere out there is a man who's proud of the $700 he cheated a department store of. He probably laughs about it with everyone, including his daughter. And somewhere in Texas there's a truly honest woman, whose story I rejoice in sharing with my daughter.'
Dostoyevsky said, 'When we lie we lose respect for ourselves and for others. And when we've no respect for anyone we end up yielding to our impulses and indulging in the lowest forms of pleasure.' So, '… Be an example… in the way you live… ' (1Timothy 4:12 NLT).

At Whit's End:
If you are in constant fellowship with God, you can confidently approach Him through our relationship with Jesus Christ. Our record can be cleared when we ask Him for forgiveness. There are no corners to cut, no easy way out, just honestly approaching the One who created us. We can ask God to examine us, trusting Him to forgive our sins and clear our record according to His mercy. With that in mind, if God examined you, what would He find?
--Whit

Don't Lose Your Peace

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You...
Isaiah 26:3 NKJV
One of the greatest promises in the Bible is, 'You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.' Who are you trusting to solve the problem, God or yourself? You need to live by the principle 'Do your best, then let God do the rest.' Too many of us have the idea that it's wrong to enjoy ourselves while we have problems. We grow up believing that if we can't do anything else, the least we can do is worry, act stressed out and be miserable. The Bible addresses this: 'Do not [for a moment] be frightened… for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign… from God' (Philippians 1:28 AMP). This Scripture teaches us that when adversity comes (and it will) we must stay in peace. Satan doesn't know what to do with us when he can't get us upset; we've taken a powerful weapon out of his hands. 'For such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a… sign… from God.' Keeping your peace doesn't exempt you from life's difficulties, it just allows God to have the last word. By trusting Him completely you are no longer at the mercy of circumstances, other people, or your own emotions and limitations.
Somebody quipped, 'In times like these it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these.' The question is not will trouble come, but how will you handle it? The writer to the Hebrews says, '… We which have believed do enter into rest… ' (Hebrews 4:3). When things go wrong do what God leads you to do, then rest in Him and watch Him work on your behalf!

At Whit's End:
We can never avoid strife in the world around us, but with God we can know perfect peace even in turmoil. When we are devoted to Him, our whole attitude is steady and stable. Supported by God's unchanging love and mighty power, we are not shaken by the surrounding chaos. Do you want peace? Keep your thoughts on and your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ!
--Whit

Sincerity

Be sincere... until the day of Christ.
Philippians 1:10 NAS
The word sincere comes from a Latin word meaning "without wax". In the original Greek it means "sun-tested". In Bible times merchants sold very fine porcelain that was greatly valued and therefore expensive. Sometimes when it was fired in the kiln tiny cracks would appear. Dishonest merchants would smear pearly-white wax over these cracks, which would pass for unblemished porcelain - unless it was held up to the light of the sun. Honest merchants marked their wares sine cera - "without wax". That's a picture of genuine sincerity. No sham, no hypocrisy, no hidden cracks to be covered over.
You say, "How can I live this way?" By keeping your eyes on Christ, not Christians! Paul writes, "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received" (Ephesians 4:1 NIV). When Paul wrote this he was under house arrest in Rome , yet he didn't regard himself as a prisoner of the Romans. No, he was a prisoner of Jesus, a voluntary slave, totally in subjection to the Lord. There's a metaphorical meaning to this word "prisoner". It can mean "binding as with a spell". Paul was literally captivated by Jesus Christ! He thought and talked about nothing else. He got up every morning determined to please Him. Some days he didn't do too well. We all have those days. But the next morning he was up and at it again, more determined and more committed than ever.
Paul's sincerity wasn't based on keeping certain religious rules or trying to look good. It was based on a deep love relationship with Christ: "Whatever we do, it is… because Christ's love controls us" (2 Corinthians 5:14 TLB).

At Whit's End:
As representatives of Jesus Christ on earth we are challenged to live lives worth of the calling we have received--the awesome privilege of being called Christ's own! Enjoying life and laughing is good medicine, but so is taking our relationship with Jesus Christ seriously. We are called to be humble, gentle, patient, understanding, and peaceful. Remember, people are watching. Do they see Christ in you? How well are you doing as His representative on earth? Keep pushing forward. With God's help you will finish strong and in a way that brings honor and glory to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

When You Don't Get What You Want

Grow in grace...
2 Peter 3:18
Psychologist Henry Cloud does a lot of corporate consulting. Sometimes he asks executives this question: 'When in your business training or education, did you ever take a course on how to lose well?' Losing is an inevitable part of life. It gives us an invaluable window into the development of our character. How do we do when we're part of a team that makes a decision that's opposed? How do we handle it when the promotion we applied for, goes to somebody else? How do we do when our idea, proposal, or invitation for a date gets rejected? To live is to lose. But to lose badly, gracelessly, can be lethal.
The president of an organization has an agenda for change that is dead in the water. No one wants it. But he's stubborn and won't take no for an answer, so he gets malicious compliance instead. People don't resist him openly, but they sabotage his agenda. He loses their respect and their loyalty. He could not stand to lose on his agenda; so instead, he loses what matters far more.
A pastor wants his church to change in ways that the people don't embrace. He wants it to look like his ideal of what a church should be. So he preaches angry sermons that chastise them for not following his leadership. He tries to pressure the elders. He threatens, he whines, he manipulates. Eventually the elders ask him to leave the church. Because he cannot learn from his losses, he loses everything. Peter, who was known for being bull-headed, had grown wiser and more mature, so he writes, 'Grow in grace.' When you don't get what you want - be gracious!

At Whit's End:
As believers, we need to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ--get to know Him better and better. This is the most important step in refuting false teachers and those who push false religions. No matter where we are in our spiritual journey, no matter how mature we are in our faith, the sinful world always will challenge your faith. We still have much room for growth. If every day we find some way to draw closer to Jesus Christ, we will be prepared to stand for truth in any and all circumstances...regardless of the storms that often rage around us.

Stick To What You Know!

Who are you to judge someone else's servant?
Romans 14:4 NIV
Our brain doesn't like blank spaces, so when it encounters questions without answers it searches for something to put in the blank spaces. And because we're driven by our own perceptions, needs and prejudices, we're not always objective. We're blind to our blind spots and think we 'know,' and the results can be disastrous for our relationships. 'I know what your real intentions are. You think I don't know what's going on in that head of yours? I can tell by the look on your face exactly what you're thinking.' Such words indicate we've got the other person 'pegged,' and feel no need to consider the situation further because we couldn't possibly be wrong. Case closed. What about such Scriptures as, 'He who answers a matter before he hears the facts - it is a folly and shame to him' (Proverbs 18:13 AMP). Or, '… Be quick to hear, slow to speak' (James 1:19 NAS). Or, 'Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive' (Proverbs 17:28 NKJV).
Before you 'sound off,' consider three things: 1) 'For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him?' (1Corinthians 2:11 NIV). You may suspect, guess, even feel strongly, but you don't know their thoughts or intentions 2) 'Who art thou that judgest another man's servant?' (Romans 14:4). Much of our 'knowing,' is merely our own judgmental spin on things. 3) If you think you know and need to deal with the issue, try saying, 'I have some impressions (concerns, observations, etc.) I'd like to talk about.' Then discuss your observations, feelings and impressions as your perceptions, not 'gospel truth,' leaving judgment to God.

At Whit's End:
How easy it can be to assume you know the motives of others. With that comes judgment of what you "think" they should or should not be doing. Ever been there? Yeah, me too. As I've matured in my faith, the Words of Jesus Christ ring true in my ears..."He without sin cast the first stone." It is so easy to see others faults, but often times we are unwilling to deal with our sin issue(s) first. I'm not excusing the sin of others, but our witness to them will be so much more powerful if our vessels are clean. Our God is a God of love and forgiveness and I'm very thankful for that. If He treated me the way I've sometimes treated others, I'd be in a world of hurt when it came to forgiveness.
--Whit

Thank you for the posts
I saved the page and will read each day with the other devotions' I read.
thanks again
Keith

mornin fellas!! sorry i haven't been feeding u guys my 2 sources have run dry, but i found the daily breads listed online. hope ya'll didnt starve!! :) eat up!!!
Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. —Luke 12:34I watch the fluctuations of the stock market and reflect on the effects of fear and greed. A character in a 1980s movie had this philosophy: “Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right! Greed works! . . . Greed [will] save . . . the USA!” What foolish thinking!

I think of that occasion when a man asked Jesus to serve as an arbiter and make his brother share their inheritance. Jesus refused the request but went on to do the man a greater kindness. He pointed out the motive behind the man’s request and its consequences: “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses” (Luke 12:15).

Then Jesus told a parable about a man who harvested a bumper crop and began to make plans to increase and enjoy his riches. He concluded: “God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’ So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God” (vv.20-21).

The trouble with greed is that ultimately our goods go. But worse—we go. Better to store up treasure in heaven, invest in spiritual riches, and become “rich toward God.” — David H. Roper

The treasures of earth do not last,
But God has prepared us a place
Where someday with Him we will dwell,
Enjoying the riches of grace. —Branon

Our real wealth is what we invest for eternity.

Stick To What You Know!

Who are you to judge someone else's servant?
Romans 14:4 NIV
Our brain doesn't like blank spaces, so when it encounters questions without answers it searches for something to put in the blank spaces. And because we're driven by our own perceptions, needs and prejudices, we're not always objective. We're blind to our blind spots and think we 'know,' and the results can be disastrous for our relationships. 'I know what your real intentions are. You think I don't know what's going on in that head of yours? I can tell by the look on your face exactly what you're thinking.' Such words indicate we've got the other person 'pegged,' and feel no need to consider the situation further because we couldn't possibly be wrong. Case closed. What about such Scriptures as, 'He who answers a matter before he hears the facts - it is a folly and shame to him' (Proverbs 18:13 AMP). Or, '… Be quick to hear, slow to speak' (James 1:19 NAS). Or, 'Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive' (Proverbs 17:28 NKJV).
Before you 'sound off,' consider three things: 1) 'For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him?' (1Corinthians 2:11 NIV). You may suspect, guess, even feel strongly, but you don't know their thoughts or intentions 2) 'Who art thou that judgest another man's servant?' (Romans 14:4). Much of our 'knowing,' is merely our own judgmental spin on things. 3) If you think you know and need to deal with the issue, try saying, 'I have some impressions (concerns, observations, etc.) I'd like to talk about.' Then discuss your observations, feelings and impressions as your perceptions, not 'gospel truth,' leaving judgment to God.

At Whit's End:
How easy it can be to assume you know the motives of others. With that comes judgment of what you "think" they should or should not be doing. Ever been there? Yeah, me too. As I've matured in my faith, the Words of Jesus Christ ring true in my ears..."He without sin cast the first stone." It is so easy to see others faults, but often times we are unwilling to deal with our sin issue(s) first. I'm not excusing the sin of others, but our witness to them will be so much more powerful if our vessels are clean. Our God is a God of love and forgiveness and I'm very thankful for that. If He treated me the way I've sometimes treated others, I'd be in a world of hurt when it came to forgiveness.
--Whit

Thank you :)

The Other Side
READ: James 4:13-17
What is your life? It is even a vapor. —James 4:14
When someone said to my friend, “See you in a year,” it sounded odd when he replied, “Yes, see you on the other side.” He meant that he’d see him on the other side of a one-year deployment for the US Navy. But because the phrase is often used of heaven, it made me think about the uncertainty of life. I wondered, Who will be here in another year? Who might by then be on the other side—in heaven?

We certainly don’t know what the next year—or hour—will bring. In his epistle, James wrote about this uncertainty. He rebuked the greedy merchants for boasting about what they would do that day, the next day, or even the next year (4:13). Their sin wasn’t that they were making plans; it was forgetting God and arrogantly boasting about those business plans.

James reminded them: “What is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away” (v.14). Commentator Peter Davids says that James was pointing out their foolishness and saying, in essence, “Come now, you who make plans—you don’t even understand how little control you have over life itself.”

No part of life is outside the control of God. So when we make plans, we need to remember, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that” (v.15). — Anne Cetas

Tomorrow’s plans I do not know,
I only know this minute;
But He will say, “This is the way,
By faith now walk ye in it.” —Ryberg

Write your plans in pencil and let God have the eraser.

like the song says if u wanna hear God laugh tell him your plans!!!!!

Send The Light
READ: Philippians 2:12-18
Become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world. —Philippians 2:15American businessman Mark Bent has spent $250,000 to develop and manufacture an affordable solar-powered flashlight. Thousands have been distributed free or at low cost to people living in African refugee camps. One daily solar charge provides 7 hours of life-giving illumination for people in homes, schools, and medical clinics where darkness had encouraged crime and violence.

The contrast between darkness and light is a prominent image in the Bible’s presentation of Jesus the Messiah. “The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined” (Isa. 9:2). “In [Jesus] was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it” (John 1:4-5).

It’s our privilege as followers of Jesus to be His light-bearers today. Paul urged the Christians in Philippi to become “blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world” (Phil. 2:15).

Instead of being afraid or oppressed by the spiritual darkness around us, we can rely on the grace that God gives His children to shine for Him. — David C. McCasland

Lord, may I be a shining light
For all the world to see
Your goodness and Your love displayed
As You reach out through me. —Sper

Jesus came to give light to a dark world

Reunion Dinner
READ: Revelation 19:1-9
Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb! —Revelation 19:9Many Chinese go to great lengths to attend a traditional annual reunion dinner with their families. Held on the eve of the Lunar New Year, the reunion dinner usually takes place at the home of their parents or eldest sibling.

Chinese working overseas have to arrange their travel bookings early to ensure they have tickets for the heavily booked airline flights and bus journeys. To fail to book early is to risk missing out on the family reunion.

The Bible tells of an even more important reunion dinner in heaven. Revelation 19:9 calls it “the marriage supper of the Lamb.” Unlike the Lunar New Year reunion dinner, however, no one knows the date for this event except God (Matt. 24:36). Nor do we have to worry about making travel arrangements.

Who is invited to this heavenly reunion dinner? All those who belong to God’s family will be there, “those who believe in [Jesus’] name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:12-13).

Will you be at the reunion dinner in heaven? You can secure your place at the heavenly banquet by trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today. — C. P. Hia

How Can You Have The Assurance Of Heaven?
Recognize your sinfulness (Rom. 3:23); believe Jesus died for you (Acts 16:31); receive Him as Savior (John 1:12); trust His promise (John 20:31).

Christ believed is salvation received and heaven assured

Defining Failure
READ: Hebrews 11:24-34
Who through faith . . . out of weakness were made strong. —Hebrews 11:33-34During the Great Depression, many people in the US lived in shantytowns made up of plywood, tarps, and blankets. These decrepit dwellings, known as “Hoovervilles,” housed those who had been evicted from their homes. Many blamed President Herbert Hoover for the economic woes.

Ironically, Hoover’s apparent ineffectiveness as a leader was in sharp contrast to his previous record. Earlier, Hoover’s expertise in geological engineering led to successful mining projects in Australia and China. He also effectively spearheaded humanitarian efforts. But when the stock market crashed in October 1929, President Hoover was in circumstances beyond his control. He would be forever tied with the economic depression of the 1930s.

One major fiasco, however, does not mean one’s whole life is a failure. What if we remembered Abraham only as a deceiver (Gen. 12:10-20), Moses as disobedient to God (Num. 20:1-13), or David as a murderer? (2 Sam. 11). Despite their sins, these men are remembered for their persevering faith: “who through faith . . . out of weakness were made strong” (Heb. 11:33-34).

Our life is not a failure if we’ve repented of our sins. God can still use us to serve Him. — Dennis Fisher

The lessons we learn from our failures
Are lessons that help us succeed,
And if we are wise and we heed them,
Then failure is just what we need. —D. De Haan

Success often rises out of the ashes of failure.

Detecting Toxins
READ: Galatians 1:3-10
There are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. —Galatians 1:7San Francisco and New York City are using bluegill fish to check for the presence of toxins in their water supply, which could be a possible target for a terrorist attack. A small number of bluegills are kept in a tank at the bottom of some water treatment plants because the fish are sensitive to chemical imbalances in their environment. When a disturb-ance is present in the water, the bluegills react against it.

Like these bluegills, Paul wanted the Galatians to beware of and react against any toxic disturbance in the “true gospel” that was being preached. The toxin was defined as the false principle that God grants acceptance to people and considers them righteous on the basis of their obedience to a set of rules (especially circumcision and dietary laws). In short, obedience to the law was needed, apart from faith in Jesus. This false teaching was a toxic disturbance of the truth and the Galatians were told to react strongly against it. Paul said that anyone preaching a gospel that is not based on grace through faith in Christ alone should be accursed (Gal. 1:8-9).

Let’s faithfully study the Scriptures so we can detect the toxins of false teaching and proclaim the truth of God’s wonderful salvation through faith in Jesus. — Marvin Williams

Lord, teach us from Your holy Word
All error to discern,
And by Your Spirit’s light help us
From Satan’s snares to turn. —Bosch

If you know the truth, you can discern what’s false.

Back