DDP 90's went in and now have a rattle, need advice

well good deal then, all we gotta do is come up with a set of nozzles. I still think it is down to only certain trucks. recent studies by others have found more than one standard set of tuning/ operating system on these trucks, could be a variation of base line software interacting differently.wish I could have sent ya my nozzles, would answer a part of the question, touble is now I'm back to workin, 6 am leave the office, return at 4 pm on early days, not many of them early days around tho. Maybe Don, or somebody at DDP can hook you up with vendor prices on a set, say flux 3's / 150hp over, just so you can get a good idea and base for what we are talking about, besides, you will love what they do for your truck.

Weeellll, I actually HAVE a "worked" CP3 sitting here waiting to be installed. On the supply side of things, that's been taken care off a long time ago.

I can duplicate whatever it takes to make the rattle. That's not the problem.
The problem is that I don't have the injectors that do it.

My personal opinion , based upon very limited experience with the rattle, is that it's something that is directly related to the sticks. With the software I may ( or not ) be able to find a band aid, Yet, I think that it would be nothing else than a work around for this problem. In other words, possibly I could make the rattle go away but that's not solving the problem at it's roots. Dunno, makes sense?

Marco

hey marco , in your post here you say you dont have the injectors that do it..then you have example ty (triton) who has been through many sets of injectors and has had the rattle in all of them...doesnt that tell us that its not an injector issue....thanks.

With it being different on some trucks, I would think more of a worked over tune would be in order. Not sure how detailed you can get with SSR but I bet we will be able to tune it out with EFI Live once it's released.-Atleast that's what I'm hoping. With it getting hotter out I'm rattling like crazy again with my Flux 2's.

doesnt that tell us that its not an injector issue.

See, that is exactly the reason why I'm asking for injectors that are "known" to rattle in engine A. If we take 'em and transplant them into engine B which is also known to not rattle we'll see what comes out of it. If they rattle in engine B.... If not then I'm wrong and the culprit is not the injectors. I've been wrong so many times before that one more or less doesn't really matter... :lolly:

That's the easiest way I can figure out to come up with real answers.
Anything else would just be guess work.

Marco

or, letting me try your software in my truck would tell the story too. I would easily be able to tell if any difference is made using software under your direction. If it didn't, I'd know there's more to it.

The questions isn't wether the new software will remove the rattle, It's wether or not "Known" rattling injectors will "Rattle" in Marco's "Known NOT to rattle truck"..

There are many here including myself that will be / have been able to tell if the update helped / hurt / kept same the rattling...

well, you've been in my truck and I think can agree it's a lot more pronounced than yours and others I've heard. My thinking is, if software will help.... I'll definitely know, I've rattled for 4 yrs now. I've had three completely different injectors installed but, none changed the rattle. One set was a brand new out of the box set of Scheid lightning injectors. All were ran with the Smarty only and without any software installed. The Smarty I've used has been the typical software everyone has and not adjustable like this new stuff appears to be.

well, you've been in my truck and I think can agree it's a lot more pronounced than yours and others I've heard. My thinking is, if software will help.... I'll definitely know, I've rattled for 4 yrs now. I've had three completely different injectors installed but, none changed the rattle. One set was a brand new out of the box set of Scheid lightning injectors. All were ran with the Smarty only and without any software installed. The Smarty I've used has been the typical software everyone has and not adjustable like this new stuff appears to be.

I think tuning could certainly help out... Just like my First Built motor (decompressed).. I felt that it rattle just about a loud / bad as your's...With the Smarty, it was pretty pronounced...When I put the PPE Hot+2 LITE Timing on it, it was certainly quieter than with the Smarty..

So tuning can more than likely help it out a bit..

But I think what Marco is wanting is to take a Rattling set of Stix and put into a truck that is "Known" to be quiet...Just to see if it has something to do with the (for lack of a better word) Stock ecm tunning...

I'm sure SSR would be able to tune your truck to rattle less, but I'm betting that it'll still be there...

See, that is exactly the reason why I'm asking for injectors that are "known" to rattle in engine A. If we take 'em and transplant them into engine B which is also known to not rattle we'll see what comes out of it. If they rattle in engine B.... If not then I'm wrong and the culprit is not the injectors. I've been wrong so many times before that one more or less doesn't really matter... :lolly:

That's the easiest way I can figure out to come up with real answers.
Anything else would just be guess work.

Marco

that makes sense, didnt look at it like that marco...i agree with ty, whats one more beta tester.its alot easier to send a tune via e-mail then sending injectors across the world....how about it marco..

that makes sense, didnt look at it like that marco...i agree with ty, whats one more beta tester.its alot easier to send a tune via e-mail then sending injectors across the world....how about it marco..

I agree..... What ya say Marco?

Well last night I was playing with my smarty and I started with SW 9, tq 2, timing 3, pressure 2, shift defuel stock, wg off (rattle from idle to about 1400 rpm's. I switched to SW 5, tq 2, timing 3, pressure stock, shift defuel stock, WG off ( I thought it was going to rattle apart with this setting rattled more than it ever did before) This morning went to SW 7, tq 2, timing 3, pressure 2, shift defuel stock, WG off (I could barely hear rattle at idle and it was gone by about 1000 rpms. Sounded great! My truck seams to like pressure 2 for my rattle. This leads me to believe its in the SW some how.)

I agree..... What ya say Marco?

Guys,
I have already "said" or better answered to this in a previous MSG in this thread.

Working on a patch without seeing and hearing the changes on my own makes it almost impossible for me to work into the right direction with the software.

Marco

Guys,
I have already "said" or better answered to this in a previous MSG in this thread.

Working on a patch without seeing and hearing the changes on my own makes it almost impossible for me to work into the right direction with the software.

Marco

let the rattle continue then....everybody i talked to doesnt want to send there injectors to italy...a friend of mine talked to DDP's owner lenny i think his name is, and then don from f1 about this..hopefully i think ddp's owner will talk to you..with all this EFI talk, i just figured you and ty (triton) could work together to help solve this...

let the rattle continue then....everybody i talked to doesnt want to send there injectors to italy...a friend of mine talked to DDP's owner lenny i think his name is, and then don from f1 about this..hopefully i think ddp's owner will talk to you..with all this EFI talk, i just figured you and ty (triton) could work together to help solve this...

really :what:

mulisha,
what you say sounds more or less like: EFI... now Marco wants to hurry up and solve the rattle before others do.

Am I understanding this right? If so, that's "almost" offending.

My only thing in here is to try to help. Don't want my help? That's OK for me.
I'm now done with this.

Marco

Marco, I have to agree about the sending the injectors deal. I would love to get this rattle thing solved but, as I said.... I've tried several sets of injectors and my current set from Exergy were just gone over. They were flow match and all are well within OEM tolerances. Sending a set of 3K injectors around the world is a lot scarier to some than a emailed software would be to them.

I don't think mulisha is putting you to a challenge, I think he's just as frustrated as others about the rattle and wants to get it solved.

Last edited:
Marco please dont abandon us over one rouge comment. Like triton said. Sending a set of $3000 injectors around the world is scary. I get nervous enough just dealing with shipping inside the us. I have seen folks comment on how well ssr eliminated rattle by lowering the low load settings and that is hope that programming can fix it for all of us.

OK, and what if I can send you a set of injectors? I got a set with Lenny's 90 Hp nozzles that have been in my truck for about 5K miles and did not rattle.

Then you can drive your truck while I do my thing.

How's that?

Marco

OK, and what if I can send you a set of injectors? I got a set with Lenny's 90 Hp nozzles that have been in my truck for about 5K miles and did not rattle.

Then you can drive your truck while I do my thing.

How's that?

Marco

Man Marco Ive got the DDP 90's as well, if I had someone that I could trust to swap them out I would, I just dont have the time to get mine out and swap yours in myself! If I had someone that would do it on the CHEEP but done right and I wouldnt have to give them my right leg and left arm id do it. Basically I dont have any extra coin laying around for a injector swap.........

Sorry guys..... my job has me workin like a freakin dog!

Back