Destroyer II

apocalypse1812

Nailed It!
Somebody got a 1st Gen Today

IMAG0426.jpg

Hopefully This will fill the void in my heart that this one left:

RIP Destroyer 1990-2009 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Glad to have you back in the 1st gen crowd! I'm sure you already know most everything about these ol' piles of steel.

I know very little about VE Pumps, and these automatic trans's, i know a little about everything else

Simple simple simple. Everything aboust a first gen is easy to work on. Or at least the stuff I've touched. I'm no mechanic, but not having any electrical schennanegens makes it pretty easy. I will never sell my truck, I've got too much work into it. But if I had to, It would be replaced like your doing.

Eric

1st gens aren't exactly known for their outstanding electrical systems, though. You will more than likely have issues arise at some point that will test your abilities!

Diesel Truck Resource is another good forum with a lot of other 1st gen guru's there. A lot of good information in the 1st gen "sticky" also.

My plan is to restore it to its showroom glory, and maintain it there. I might turn the fuel screw up, and put a slightly larger turbo on it. it runs GREAT, the 3 speed (727?) needs another gear lol, but other than that, it glides down the road at 65mph.

The Steering gearbox is pissing fluid, so I bought a new one tonight.

Take the load off the switch VIA relay and the switch will thank you by not burning out while towing a huge trailer with no moon at midnight in the middle of BFE. 99% of the time the level sensor is the issue with no gauge. Welcome back to a square body.

1st gens aren't exactly known for their outstanding electrical systems, though. You will more than likely have issues arise at some point that will test your abilities!

Diesel Truck Resource is another good forum with a lot of other 1st gen guru's there. A lot of good information in the 1st gen "sticky" also.

I'll have to agree with you on that point. Electrical is not my specialty. It frustrates me pretty quick. My truck has burned quite a bit of stuff up on it's own. Steering columne, inanition switch, high low fan switch, and lots of fusible links. I've redone most of it. It's too bad that the system wasn't built a little better from the factory. My truck is a early 91' and it seems to have different wiring under hood than the previouse and later years???? The electrical systems in these trucks are also the reason as to why I Cary two fire extinguishers in the truck!!! Hahahaha

Eric:doh:

Fusible links are best done by a thick (I used a start wire for a 16hp Kolher) wire to a weatherproof fuse box. Put the correct fuses in and no more worries.

I am buying this in a couple weeks. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-5034-Blade-Block/dp/B000MMC7QG"]Amazon.com: Blue Sea 5034 ST Blade Fuse Block w/out Cover - 12 Circuit w/out Negative Bus: GPS & Navigation@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4132g2GO60L.@@AMEPARAM@@4132g2GO60L[/ame]

Also, the 727 is pretty stout so a band adjustments, line pressure adjustments, and TV kick down adjustments should help it hold a lot more.

Yes ^^^. I've been thinking of doing the same thing. It would deffinetly clean things up under my hood.

Back