Discussion... will there be 2.6 in 2 years? or be 2.5 and 3.0

In our local 2.6 class that rule is almost in place and is working very well. I have to say almost due to the rule having an exception to allow workstock pullers to jump up. That exception is hopefully going to be addressed next year tho.

I completely agree! But we are also one of the last to have 2.8 class.

I'm with you on this one. I don't understand they haul a 8000lb truck and whatever a Kubota/rtv weighs and some tools with a semi and 53' vanline trailer. My friends boss hauls a 650 JD dozer with a 20k trailer and Ford 550.:doh: I guess it's called keeping up with the Joneses

When yoi can get a tractor trailer combo for the price of a mint 1st Gen Dodge or OBS Crew cab Ford, and get just as good of mileage with more comfort, you tend to think otherwise.

I can say from top 2.6 to top 3.0 it's cheaper than you think. Basically the difference is dropbox, reverser, 4 disc clutch vs. triple disc clutch tranny of choice and transfer case, or built auto, and water vs. no water. The rears cost about the same for the most part, however a proformance pros 11.5 aam is higher than a profab sqhd. Same pumps, chargers close to same cost, and same motor. most running a dana 60 up front the cost is the same there with 35 spline 1 piece axles

I can say from top 2.6 to top 3.0 it's cheaper than you think. Basically the difference is dropbox, reverser, 4 disc clutch vs. triple disc clutch tranny of choice and transfer case, or built auto, and water vs. no water. The rears cost about the same for the most part, however a proformance pros 11.5 aam is higher than a profab sqhd. Same pumps, chargers close to same cost, and same motor. most running a dana 60 up front the cost is the same there with 35 spline 1 piece axles

Same charger? Same pump? .....no pun intended. But your wrong there.
3.0 HC5A's/HX82 - $7500+ 3.0 hx60's are out of date.
2.6 HX60/precisions - $5000 give or take a few hundred.

Pumps? That's a whole other ball game.

Pretty sure your incorrect as well. Not trying to start a chit storm.
Precision 3.0 = $5600ish I know hx60's are out of date, also I'm not familier with the hx82/hc5a price tag, so i apoligize, however the newest precisions I am familier with.
Precision 2.6 = $5000ish
Pumps = can't run sigmas, so a 13,14,16mm p pump rsv gov is legal in both, and most run as big b&p as possible for quick fuel delivery.
Long blocks are the same, except for this year 3.0 itpa & xcaliber allow deckplates and aftermarket heads along with ppl, so for those who are running that this year there is a cost differenece.

Same charger? Same pump? .....no pun intended. But your wrong there.
3.0 HC5A's/HX82 - $7500+ 3.0 hx60's are out of date.
2.6 HX60/precisions - $5000 give or take a few hundred.

Pumps? That's a whole other ball game.

Theres still a lot of strong running 3.0 trucks out there that are running the same 13mm pumps a lot of 2.6 guys are running

Pretty sure your incorrect as well. Not trying to start a chit storm.
Precision 3.0 = $5600ish I know hx60's are out of date, also I'm not familier with the hx82/hc5a price tag, so i apoligize, however the newest precisions I am familier with.
Precision 2.6 = $5000ish
Pumps = can't run sigmas, so a 13,14,16mm p pump rsv gov is legal in both, and most run as big b&p as possible for quick fuel delivery.
Long blocks are the same, except for this year 3.0 itpa & xcaliber allow deckplates and aftermarket heads along with ppl, so for those who are running that this year there is a cost differenece.

I said it was whole other ball game...Its all what ya want to spend on a pump not what is the biggest. It's not necessary to run the biggest pump to make te most power in 3.0 or any class for that matter to a point obv.

It's all money anyways right. Just time and money tryin to spend it all..:nail:

All classes need to go to open drive line and engines, only limit the turbo, cubic inches, based off a pickup truck engine, tire size, and no injectables but water, thats it, they only need 5 tech rules and the rest are safety rules.........

Build a tube chassis truck on a single DOT 35x12.50 with stock cubic inches, small turbo and no water...

If you want more power, build to a big single turbo, Dual DOT 35x12.50, bigger cubes, water allowed...

Last but not least, open, any turbo or turbos, any tires up to 6, any cubic inches, water injection...

Last edited:
All classes need to go to open drive line and engines, only limit the turbo, cubic inches, based off a pickup truck engine, tire size, and no injectables but water, thats it, they only need 5 tech rules and the rest are safety rules.........

Build a tube chassis truck on a single DOT 35x12.50 with stock cubic inches, small turbo and no water...

If you want more power, build to a big single turbo, Dual DOT 35x12.50, bigger cubes, water allowed...

Last but not least, open, any turbo or turbos, any tires up to 6, any cubic inches, water injection...

I like your simplicity, but there needs to be steps. The steel body, stock frame, open driveline, with dual 35x12.5 DOT tires and a single turbo is a good step before going to tube chassis, multiple turbo, any body, any tire. There also needs to be an entry class, but that is where all the problems are. There are too many people spending the same or more money on the entry classes to, in my opinion, have an easier path to winning. That’s racing.

Since 2.6 is gonna "die" anyways, what about srw, no a2w, hanging weight, no hoodstack, 2.5. 3.0 just the way it is now. And an ODL, unlimited single, cut tire class, then super stock?

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

my truck being a cclb is whats stopping me from 2.6 if they drop it and only have 2.5 and 3.0 my truck is too long for 3.0 at a 168'' wheel base

I could see the 2.6 class going to single tires and a box smooth bore turbo but hell if I know if I could see the future I would've invented Apple. HAHA

Back