Do We have any Cummins Techs on the Board?

Bruno2

I am having an issue with a C6 8.3L electronic. There seems to be a lot of fuel getting into the oil pan. Is there a common issue with this?

It runs great and doesn't miss like an injector is going bad. I believe it is an 06. I couldn't tell you the mileage. I could tomorrow.

Injector o-rings could he leaking. They're the same as an 03+ 5.9 or 6.7 motor.

Not sure. Contact Snedge, he's a cummins dealer, stocks many parts and ships fast.

I had the same issue on an 03, it turned out to be the injectors... I did the orings first, but no change. Sent the injectors to be tested and wound up being them.
In a weeks time, say 150-200 miles, it put 1-1.5 gallons of fuel In the pan. No smoke.
Good luck with it.

That particual high pressure pump will produce a performance complaint before it puts fuel in the oil by its architecture.

-Check the fuel return line restriction, Max of 4"hg
-If with in spec. remove valve cover and run the engine from a bucket of dyed fuel, viewing with a black light and monitor. Some times your need to load the engine to reproduce the complaint.

I've also had injector bodys leak themself. O-rings are cheep, replace the coppers also.

does anybody have a link to replacing the coppers?

If you can remove an injector you can replace the copper washer...

Or do you need help in removing the injector itself?

I believe on the 7.3's the coppers take a tool to remove and replace. So I was wondering if the cummins motors were the same?

Ok, here is an update. Turns out the motor is a mechanical model ( I believe) . The inj's dont have a solenoid pack on them . The Inj's are narrow , about 1" diameter and 6-7" long. The only thing that seals them is a copper washer and maybe some type of jacket instead of an O ring. I dont believe the inj's are sealed well, so it must be another issue besides O rings.

Post a picture of what your working on plesse

Back