Dockboy makes 878 on #2 only.

So the fracture split forged rods are junk?
Chris

The fractured cap rods are not forged, they are powdered metal.:poke:

I do believe they are plenty strong, but their big disadvantge is when pushed to their limits, PMR's tend to break rather than bend. And for those that don't know, lose swinging rods cause LOTS of damage!!:hehe:

I went with peened 24V forged rods for a number of reasons:

1- They will bend as oppose to break most times which can save parts

2- There are aftermarket rod bolts readily available for them

3- They are easy to balance and resize and it does not "degrade" their strength

I knew the PMR's were junk...but I was under the impression that there were some forged Fracture split rods out there that were holding very well??

I would take VP or 12v rods over PMR's anyday!
Chris

C70 Micro alloy is not a powdered metal. Matter of fact, it is stronger than powdered. CR rods are C70.

Detonation will break the best rods made in a matter of seconds.

C70 Micro alloy is not a powdered metal. Matter of fact, it is stronger than powdered. CR rods are C70.

Detonation will break the best rods made in a matter of seconds.

IN what condition diesel engine start detonate?

Good to see you getting back at it Greg. Getting it ready for the spring brawl:poke:

Glad to see some progress Greg! I'll swing by and check it out!

I'm heading to the track tonight, swing down if you have time.

IN what condition diesel engine start detonate?

Just say no to meth-propane = detonation, or stacking timing boxes, advancing injection resulting in insane peak cylinder pressures.

Your rods will thank you. Its all about injecting the right amount of fuel (formula 1) and at the right time and duration (smarty) for the amount of available air (MPI)

:Cheer:

guess you plan on this one staying in the truck a while greg, you even took the time to paint it. you def crossed all the "T's" on this one. cant wait to see it run in person at spring fling. josh

IN diesel engine burnig process is besically controlled detonation, without it engine will not start :poke:

Understood however the autoignition of diesel fuel is 210 C, you cant tell me that high cylinder temps or hot spots be it on the piston, head, or valve can not cause detonation.

Understood however the autoignition of diesel fuel is 210 C, you cant tell me that high cylinder temps or hot spots be it on the piston, head, or valve can not cause detonation.

Hmmmmm Metric system......Look here Meatstick.. were in AMURICA and we use english units. Convert that sh!t son so I know what your talking about!

Hmmmmm Metric system......Look here Meatstick.. were in AMURICA and we use english units. Convert that sh!t son so I know what your talking about!

Look its the engineer asking for a conversion, the irony.:hehe:

210C = 410F, 869.67 Rankine, 168 Reaumur, 483.15K

Speaking of detonation

Speaking of detonation,

Imagine what happen's to one of these engines pushing 1000 hp, when a injector sticks, or stays open at the wrong time, leaving a cylinder with fuel ready to ignite when auto ignition temperature is reached, WELL before top dead center.

I would think something like dockboy's engine.

This I imagine to be the death knell for a Common Rail engine, as there is a constant supply of high pressure fuel ready to charge the cylinder if a injector were to stick.

Heard of a few injector issues, and the resulting sound like a big old sledge hammer is trying to crawl out from the inside of the engine.

I always meant to ask Don what he thinks of diesel lubricants ect, maybe anything else that might prevent this.

Back