Dockboy makes 878 on #2 only.

That really sucks greg. The bay next to my truck is open if you want to keep it out of sight for a little while. You know, IF the Mrs. needs to cool down.

Here is a picture of a piece of cam I found in the puddle of oil under the dyno.

Attachments

• greggs cam.bmp
    778.8 KB · Views: 512
Damn sorry to hear about it coming loose on ya. You have any idea how many hours or miles were on that engine before you got it? Congrats on the big numbers though and keeping your cool. I would have been going off the wall at that point and beating the crap out of something.

Andy

Greg
awesome numbers!
what settings did u have the tst on when it let loose?

If you listen, there is a good amount of timing in the videos. The rattle was rather pronounced in the one where he broke.

Doc, were you on one of the 03 or 05 TT programs at all? what was your timing set to static or auto on the TST any how much? Using the smarty timing as well? What were the rail pressure numbers? :) I have a few more questions, but we can start with these ;-)

Greg,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hate to see this stuff happen to anybody but lord knows that you have had your fair share.

If there is anything that I can do, just let me know.

Ted

IMO I would have let off the throttle when I heard the rod knock then the rattling from the timing:charger:

Who built the motor? Who's camshaft is that?

If you listen, there is a good amount of timing in the videos. The rattle was rather pronounced in the one where he broke.

Doc, were you on one of the 03 or 05 TT programs at all? what was your timing set to static or auto on the TST any how much? Using the smarty timing as well? What were the rail pressure numbers? :) I have a few more questions, but we can start with these ;-)

Jason,

It was Smarty TNT-R #9
TST R49 with the rail pressure disconnected TT03, Timing Auto, Power 4, TE 1

another truck that dyno's big and can't stay together. whoopdee-doo
nice rush! Good thing greg did most of his own work on the truck and you had to have NADP build your motor.... Give Greg some credit, the truck was just finished not too long ago and he is/was still working out the bugs and learning what works and doesn't. Besides, he was still on the stock bottom end and your duramax would not live at the HP he is making on stock rods. :shake:

another truck that dyno's big and can't stay together. whoopdee-doo

Some of you Chevy guys are pretty f---ing ruthless. The guy worked his his balls off and barely had it together for a month and somehting happened to it so y'all jump on here and talk smack.

You two definetely get the dumbass of the week award.

Rush, my truck dynos big and holds together, what do you say to that, Greg just got his truck together, I am quite sure that he could have dyno'd all day long at 820, which for most would be awesome, but he tried to be the pioneer that he is and go for more, somethimes when you push the envelope things happen

Kevin

Jason,

It was Smarty TNT-R #9
TST R49 with the rail pressure disconnected TT03, Timing Auto, Power 4, TE 1

Did you set the max allowed timing degrees lower? If you left that setting un-touched, I bet that thing added a good extra 12 or 15 degrees on top of what the Smarty does....

Was this a calculated addition of timing and fuel?

Well, I dunno if you have the numbers to calculate anything, cuz TST or Smarty naturally won't send me their metrics to even guess what kinda real numbers I need for my application, so I suppose it's all a big guessing game for the majority.

<--- pushing for the ethical release of performance maps!!!!! (something we'll never get to the general public)

Greg, I just watched the dyno vid and almost lost my lunch when she let loose. I can't imagine the feeling after all of the time and work. Good luck buddy

While I do feel horrible Greg blew his truck up, he should be prepared to take a little ribbing since he put a good trash talking game on TDP.

Build it right the first time and you won't have these problems. That timing rattle was just plain stupid!

On the other hand...I blew my motor up twice at 500rwhp....playing with tuning and getting stupid...so I'm not one to talk. I don't even think my built motor would handle 800-900 hp more than a couple tries!

Hope to see it back together soon...done right and laying down some numbers to backup the trash talking!!! You got a damn good base line to start from.

Back