Dodge 1500 EcoDiesel

My BIL's is close to that same millage...Only problem he has had is with the DEF Fluid.

That cost him several Hundred dollars.

Dang, that's a hard working 1500! Did the tires get warm?

They probably were but when I got home I just unloaded the sand and did not worry about it. They are almost baloney skins anyway and I have a new set of heavy duty tires waiting for the truck when these are too worn out.

I keep my DEF fluid between 1/3 and full at all times, hopefully this helps.

I know that if I have issues with the emissions things they might just get lost in a ditch somewhere, especially after I hit 100K.

Last edited:
700 miles on mine. It's throwing this code : P05f1 - I can't find much online about it other than it sounds like a wiring issue? Not sure. It will go back to the dealer I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody have one with tuning on it? TS had a box out, but stopped selling to update it. I haven't heard anything out of them yet.

I'm running GDE ECM tune. Mileage has jumped 3-4mpg, no EGR, less regen's, and lower DEF usage. Plus, a nice power pick up and no more delayed throttle.

is that mileage increase on paper or per the trucks computer?

What kind of MPG are you getting for a tank of mixed city/hwy driving? Flat or hilly terrain?

We are thinking of some for the work fleet. It sure is appealing to improve MPG by 25% or so. They're leased so the warranty/maintenance package is the same either way... only out-of-pocket difference is in the fuel cost.

What kind of MPG are you getting for a tank of mixed city/hwy driving? Flat or hilly terrain?

We are thinking of some for the work fleet. It sure is appealing to improve MPG by 25% or so. They're leased so the warranty/maintenance package is the same either way... only out-of-pocket difference is in the fuel cost.

Flat ground, 70% highway 30% city, probably 2 hours of idle time a day, 24mpg. never above 75mph and I try not to rapid accelerate. all factory truck.

Per trucks computer, 75% highway, 25% city, less than an hour of idle time a day, probably closer to 20 minutes a day, 25 MPG average per computer, I drive like I stole it every day, accelerate fast, drive up to 85 MPH some times, set cruise on highway at 77 MPH, hilly terrain, 100% stock. Truck has 65,000 miles.

Last edited:

That on paper. Go over to ram 1500 diesel and search for GDE. You'll see many posts on improved mileage. You can also go here http://www.greendieselengineering.com/PerfCompFCAEcoDiesel.action

I'm stationed at Fort Irwin, CA. The wife and I went to Vegas last month round trip with cruise set at 75mph. I filled up when I got back on base and hand calc 28.6 that trip. I visited home, south Florida, and saw 30-31 on flat ground running around between 60-65 mph. Far as city driving, before I moved out here, I lived in Round Rock, TX. I averaged 25-28 mixed driving hand calc.

My parents bought a 2016 and I took it to TS this year, 1500 mile round trip through West Virginia mountains and I averaged 30 mph on the computer. Still averaging between 27-29 mph with driving it to Hamburg PA this past weekend got just over 2k mi on the clock.

My parents bought a 2016 and I took it to TS this year, 1500 mile round trip through West Virginia mountains and I averaged 30 mph on the computer. Still averaging between 27-29 mph with driving it to Hamburg PA this past weekend got just over 2k mi on the clock.

Man... must have taken you a LONG time to get to TS :hehe:

Well I have almost 72k on her now and it is time to start thinking about the 100k service...

Who sells what I am looking for? Looking for tuning and exhaust, I should be at 100k around February and want to have my ducks in a row when the time comes.

Well I have almost 72k on her now and it is time to start thinking about the 100k service...

Who sells what I am looking for? Looking for tuning and exhaust, I should be at 100k around February and want to have my ducks in a row when the time comes.

Tuning and exhaust... such as lightweight exhaust components:evil and an extra hair dryer???:woohoo: If so look at Espos Diesel. They build a nice upgrade kit for the engine!!!:snoop:

FWIW....

AFE has some hard parts including an intercooler and cast aluminum pan

http://afepower.com/vehicle-platforms/diesel-trucks/dodge-ram?engine=V6-3.0L

46-20172a1600.1472860019.jpg

46-70282a1600_1.1472859617.jpg

Truck keeps on impressing me. Did a 1600km run yesterday and got exactly 30mpg hand calculated. 100% stock and just rolled over 120,000

Not necessarily looking to add extra hair dryers, I DD this truck, 1k miles a week most weeks, so some better fuel economy and not having to fill a second tank would be helpful. I see that PPEI does tuning and flo-pro has exhaust for them, as of now for the pair it is not too hateful. I will have to keep an eye out for it to either go on sale, or have a package deal. The worst part is having to send out your ECU and having the vehicle down for a week or so.

Back