Dodge 1500 EcoDiesel

Chris, that's what we are leaning towards. Been looking at 2015 Duramaxes with the big cab. It's between that and a 4th gen dodge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my company bought one back in May of this year down in Tucson,AZ because our 2500 blew a head gasket I have been the main one driving it and already have 20,000 miles on it. it is bone stock and will stay that way so far it has been a awesome little truck I pull a small 14 foot enclosed trailer with it and get about 17mpg mostly highway miles and 25-28 empty. is there and thing I should watch for as far as problems with the truck ? any info on these would be awesome thanks guy

Update for everyone. I now have 30,XXX on it, have done yet another oil change. I also kept track of DEF usage this time, ~2600 miles to ~2.5 gallons, this was monitored by watching the gauge, so keep that in mind. Average MPG so far, according to the idiot box is 25, high being 29.3 and low being 17ish.

No issues with it at all, I did take an oil sample this time and sent it to Blackstone on Saturday, I hope to see it back in a week or so and I will post it on here.

Got the oil analysis back, everything looks fine for a new motor, and my oil chance interval can go to 12k instead of 10k.

Attachments

• DAILY DRIVER-100315.pdf
    277.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
VM Motori builds a great engine. I had the 2.8 inline 4 with 230,000 trouble free miles before selling it. It's now living the rest of its life near the panama canal.

That is a nice setup, I hope that it holds up for him. I have 38500 on mine now, all stock, and it is still holding up nicely.

It looks like the dude on YouTube had the cam gear come loose on one of the cams. I guess they're press-fit only, no mechanical fasteners/retainers. He acts like this might not be too uncommon? Anyone else seen or heard of this?

He claims D&J has a relatively simple fix for it. Key? Sure seems a key on each gear may help if that isn't what they're doing?

It looks like the dude on YouTube had the cam gear come loose on one of the cams. I guess they're press-fit only, no mechanical fasteners/retainers. He acts like this might not be too uncommon? Anyone else seen or heard of this?

He claims D&J has a relatively simple fix for it. Key? Sure seems a key on each gear may help if that isn't what they're doing?

A friends brother's ecodiesel had something like that happen with only 6,000 miles on the truck. And now it's been a few months and fca still hasn't gotten him back into his truck or another....

Bought the truck on 2-9-15 with 17 miles on it, as of midnight on 2-9-16 I have 46,655 miles on her. No issues, complaints, etc so far. I still have to send off my last oil analysis, keep forgetting to grab it when I am in the garage.

Got 56k on the truck now, no issues known, sent off the last two oil samples a few weeks ago and just got the results back. Everything looks great as far as the oil samples go, they even suggest pushing the oil change interval to 14k which I will do instead of 12k like previously suggested, or 10k per manufacturer recommendation. I do mainly drive long distances, it is 89 miles each way to work, 70 of those are interstate.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Truck is still 100% stock down to the tires/brakes. I got a set of air bags for it so that I can haul dirt in the bed from work and not have to deal with looking like the truck is about to die from a few hundred pounds in the bed.

Mileage is currently averaging 25 per the computer, I have never hand calculated it so I can not say how close it is.

Attachments

• H45913.jpg
    H45913.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
  • H45914.jpg
    H45914.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
i wouldn't trust blackstone-their tests leave a lot to be desired. look up lubrication engineers.

My company just gave me one of these... I like it. One of the other ecodiesels we have just spun a rod bearing at 20k.

Just passed 60k on the truck last night. I got a set of helper air bags for the rear so it would not squat as much with a load in it. Grabbed some sand yesterday, 3300# worth and the truck did fine with it going home 80 miles from where I got it.

Just passed 60k on the truck last night. I got a set of helper air bags for the rear so it would not squat as much with a load in it. Grabbed some sand yesterday, 3300# worth and the truck did fine with it going home 80 miles from where I got it.

Dang, that's a hard working 1500! Did the tires get warm?

Back