Dodge Ram Full 4 Door Conversion?

4x4dually

What ever happened to the places that used to convert trucks into full 4 door cabs plus the extended cab? I've seen lots of mega cab-long bed conversions which I like, but does anyone still extend the cabs on the old trucks and add two more full size doors?

I can't find any on the internet. Mabye I'm not searching the right terms.

Pics? Anyone got one? Like it?

Jesus.... :hehe:
Roadmaster Truck Conversion and Cab Extensions, Luxurious sleeper for Pick Up Trucks

cutoutlarge.jpg

Those are cool.....but I wouldn't want SIX DOORS!!! :hehe:

Some folks just take things waaaaay to far. :D

There is a place in michigan, chicago and minnesota that I recall. I think the place in Minnesota was the only one that would do a true fullsize 4 door. They made new doors out of fiberglass.

Bayer auto in MN makes their doors out of metal not fiberglass. I have pictures of the inside of the doors. There was a place in TX that used to make fiberglass doors.

You can also try Alton company

IMHO it would be way more cost effective and easier to convert a superduty crew to a cummins.

I think it was over around $12-$15K to do the conversion.

Alton told me they will not do a full size door on the rear, since it isn't available. They basically said they could stretch the cab, etc.

Bayer did Loreetta Mitchell's old 98 12V I used to drool over back in the days when I first got into all this madness! LOL

Personally, I'd rather spend $5-10K on stretching my 99 into a true crew can than spend damn near $30K on a Megacab.

Personally, I'd rather spend $5-10K on stretching my 99 into a true crew can than spend damn near $30K on a Megacab.

Amen brotha. You apparently smell what I'm steppin' in. :D You didn't mention lose the 5K in mods and start over with another stock POS that won't pull a lawn mower up a hill. :hehe:

Bayer did Loreetta Mitchell's old 98 12V I used to drool over back in the days when I first got into all this madness! LOL

I would like to know the place that will do it for $5k. I called around and just stretching my quad cab using the factory quad cab suicide doors was about 10K. Going to a full size 4 door was $14K or more.

Now I don't have an issue stretching my existing cab and using the suicide doors. Basically slide the rear seat back and put in a front seat out of the same year truck. 99% of the time the very back would be just storage, but you could shove some kids back there if you had to.

You could do it youself if you have some body experience. The doors are merely pieced togoether factory doors. You can get full door skins and make them fit the custom doors (did it with a lot of help, it sucks). Make the pillar between the doors. Add ~3' to the frame. Buy a front seat and make a bracket to put it in the back. Then the misc. BS stuff that will nickel and dime you to death.

Unless you are diehard dodge and can't stand anything else save yourself the hastle and convert a factory made truck. You can buy a v10 ford for a good price and convert it. If you ever get in an accident or need a replacement panel for any reason you can go down to the junk yard or a parts house and buy it, paint it, and drive it. The factory does alot better job building these trucks than an aftermarket place ever will. My old truck started to rust exactly where the "custom" work began and never did get into the factory metal.

attachment.php

Exactly what daddy is talkin' 'bout. :D

That freakin' rocks.

Where was it done? Maybe I should read the other thread first huh? LOL

Low rider .....

Attachments

• 2ndgendodge.jpg
    2ndgendodge.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 42
Back