Drag truck/Street toy build

Well, I finally got to hear it! The Garretts come to life extremely easy. I spooled it up a few times and was really happy with them. Hopefully I can get it to the track soon. The weather has been crap here lately though.

63EBA4C6-64C5-4826-945E-D3B50E66537B_zpsrpergkji.jpg

E2331B83-509D-4455-821B-D1AA7477BDBC_zpsgzbryze5.jpg

5D221661-5C1F-46C2-9C98-4A101DFBE83C_zps1xsuqpqk.jpg

Truck is an work of art other than that front bumper. I wish your shop was local to me.

It's just so cleanly laid out.

Side note, who'd you talk to at Peterson? I've had 2 of those breather cans on order since september. I played phone tag for months asking if they'd made them yet. Always got the we'll call you back, I gave up in march and just decided to make my own.

The engine bay looks really clean and well layed out.

Thank you sir!

Truck is an work of art other than that front bumper. I wish your shop was local to me.

Yea, I'm unsure about it. I might reshape the top to fit better then color match it. Or I might just make an aluminum frame for a sport bumper cover. I don't know yet.

It's just so cleanly laid out.

Side note, who'd you talk to at Peterson? I've had 2 of those breather cans on order since september. I played phone tag for months asking if they'd made them yet. Always got the we'll call you back, I gave up in march and just decided to make my own.

Thanks man. We're a dealer for them and I've bought a lot of stuff over the years. That being said I always try to keep one of our big spec cans on hand because they only build breather cans every so often. And that can is specifically made for us so it's only made when we order them. I just ordered a few more the other day and build time is 4-6 weeks though.

The simple -12, 2 port cans are a lot more readily available. I might have one of those. If not I can usually have one within a week.

Who did your injection pump work? What's been done to itm I never thought those kind of numbers were possible with a 12mm

One look at that engine bay and my panties fell off, seriously nice nice work man!

Who did your injection pump work? What's been done to itm I never thought those kind of numbers were possible with a 12mm

Scheid built the pump originally and it flowed just under 700cc's. It's got full cuts, Their DV holders, and whatever else they did to it. Their description was extremely vague. I never complained because it's always ran so good! :hehe: When I get some extra money it'll be going to Northeast. I've talked to Kevin about it and I'm really anxious to see what it does then. It's a 180pump and still has a stock cam in it. I told them what I wanted and they did a great job.

Exergy built the injectors. They are 7x.013's honed to 4.85 LPM.

One look at that engine bay and my panties fell off, seriously nice nice work man!

LOL thanks man!

Swap that front bumper out for a cover and be down in the 63xx range

That seems almost unheard of to do 1300 on a 12mm I didn't know that was possible

It still has a 12mm pump now.

I just weighed it today(it's lighter than ever with the hood stack and small other changes) and with 1/2 tank of fuel it weighs 6480 lbs.

Man, that's right around what mine weighs. I figured you'd be under that weight. Guess when you make that kinda power, a couple hundred pounds isn't as much of a big deal. Lol

Man, that's right around what mine weighs. I figured you'd be under that weight. Guess when you make that kinda power, a couple hundred pounds isn't as much of a big deal. Lol

The scale was fluttering between 6460 and 6480. I need to lighten it up!

B1331736-07E6-492D-B741-59AC42C3D3C7_zpsqpaxplds.jpg

2F69B139-AAB5-4B5C-89BF-AF11F0827352_zps8y8k65ks.jpg

700 on a 12mm pump is also unheard of, so maybe Scheid put some secret sauce in that pump. Still 2HP per cc of fuel takes a perfectly tuned setup and you're a little over that on spray so you've got it dialed-in as far as making HP.

Now we hope to see that big trap speed converted into low 9 second ET!!!

700 on a 12mm pump is also unheard of, so maybe Scheid put some secret sauce in that pump. Still 2HP per cc of fuel takes a perfectly tuned setup and you're a little over that on spray so you've got it dialed-in as far as making HP.

Now we hope to see that big trap speed converted into low 9 second ET!!!

I don't know enough about pumps either way LOL That's what the flow sheet says though. I found it believable because of how the fuels but like I said I don't know enough about pumps to argue either way. When I talked to Kevin he said it's pretty rare but he's maxed 12mm pumps around that range as well.

How do you like those cooper zeons? I'm probably goin to nitto 420's soon but was lookin at those coopers as well

How do you like those cooper zeons? I'm probably goin to nitto 420's soon but was lookin at those coopers as well

I've ran both. I like the Coopers better but I've heard others like 420's better. Just my opinion though.

Back