Drag truck/Street toy build

Water meth made quite a difference in temperature at WOT in my old 12v. Also made a nice little gain in spool too. Not bad for cheap power

If I do water I'm gonna do a big Haldex pump and run straight water. I don't think any of the smaller water meth kits will achieve what I need them to do.

Nitrous really does make the 12v's run hot. That's cooking. Little water will keep those turbine wheels happy.

Yea, I'm running a GT45 with a 1.15 housing on the secondary. I suppose the one thing to take away from it is the GT45 and GT55 both have pretty durable turbines :hehe: I just want to cool it off before I burn something up. I'd like to just bump the fuel up but I don't think I can add any more fuel without a 13mm and that is a lot of money to drop right now. Plus I'm not even sure how much that would help.

I wasn't making anywhere near the power you are, but while overfueling a box 366 my egts would climb well over 2,000. I pieced together a water meth kit for $200 and my egts would never go above 1600. I ran washer fluid and HEAT in my setup. Just food for thought. It would have been nice to try a big boy setup like you mentioned

I wasn't making anywhere near the power you are, but while overfueling a box 366 my egts would climb well over 2,000. I pieced together a water meth kit for $200 and my egts would never go above 1600. I ran washer fluid and HEAT in my setup. Just food for thought. It would have been nice to try a big boy setup like you mentioned

That is very tempting! I didn't know any of the smaller pumps worked that well. I might pull the bottle off and try that. Thanks man.

Those temps were all from my hottest cylinder too(cylinder 4). The coldest one is number 1 and it peaked around 2000*.

When we were playing with the fueling on Todd's Frankestein truck, it seemed like the EGT's were higher with the fueling set to 700 cc's than when we let it go full rack with a little over 900 cc's. Maybe Todd can chime-in, it's his truck and the gauges are on the driver's side, I was just the passenger/camera-man and was holding on for dear life!!!!

When we were playing with the fueling on Todd's Frankestein truck, it seemed like the EGT's were higher with the fueling set to 700 cc's than when we let it go full rack with a little over 900 cc's. Maybe Todd can chime-in, it's his truck and the gauges are on the driver's side, I was just the passenger/camera-man and was holding on for dear life!!!!

In my experience that seems to be pretty common. I'm at the point now where I need to add more fuel or water. I think I'm gonna start with water to keep cost down then do a 13mm when I replenish my race truck fund. :hehe:

In my experience that seems to be pretty common. I'm at the point now where I need to add more fuel or water. I think I'm gonna start with water to keep cost down then do a 13mm when I replenish my race truck fund. :hehe:

Thinking about a water meth type pump? I have been debating on doing a setup that runs straight water. Kinda was wanting something high pressure

Thinking about a water meth type pump? I have been debating on doing a setup that runs straight water. Kinda was wanting something high pressure

Snow has a high pressure pump that is ~700psi. It's an upgrade to any of their kits. They recommend it for anything over 1000hp. It's only a $30 upgrade over their regular 300psi pump in the kits. Other than that I don't know much about it.

Will the Devils own pump make enough pressure for you? I think it made around 250 right?

I'm sure it would work decent but for the cost I want something higher pressure and higher flow.

Think you mean 700 HP, not psi.
http://www.snowperformance.net/product-p/70005.htm

I've looked forever for a smaller electric pump capable of higher pressure and still flows enough. Pretty much what I've found is you're gonna have to go with a haldex type electric pump or a belt driven piston pump like on pressure washers.

No I meant 1000+ hp 700+ psi. Give them a call. The guy I talked to was Trevor. He said it isn't listed on the Internet. A few people on here sent me links to some Pumpco electric pumps that are even higher.

Last edited:
Yea, like I said I haven't seen the pump. That's just what he said. I'll let you know what I figure out on it. I've got to do something quick though.

Think you mean 700 HP, not psi.
http://www.snowperformance.net/product-p/70005.htm

I've looked forever for a smaller electric pump capable of higher pressure and still flows enough. Pretty much what I've found is you're gonna have to go with a haldex type electric pump or a belt driven piston pump like on pressure washers.

Apparently the guy at snow didn't know what he was talking about. I talked to another person there and they said that is their highest hp system.

My only option right now is to put a Snow stage 2 kit on we have sitting on the shelf. It's got 2 of their 625 ml/min nozzles. Anyone think that would be worth it?

Last edited:
Well I hate to go back and forth but Trevor from Snow just called me back(again) and said it is a 700psi, 700hp+ system. And in my particular setup he would run 6, 625ml/min nozzles.

Any idea on cost. Also what's the chance you make it east for an event

I don't know what it costs. I'm not sure I'll even try now. The 300 psi pump was absolutely worthless on my setup. I had 2 .063 nozzles (a 625ml/min nozzle is ~.046). And it was hooked to a Hobbs switch at 45psi and during a race it would inject for 2 tenths of a second before boost overpowered it. I've got a pretty good idea what I need to do to get a little more power out of it now. Rob Coddens suggested adjusting the primary and secondary gatesso we'll try that, bump the timing back up, and see how it runs.

Despite pulling some timing out in case I needed to use nitrous I made my fastest fuel only pass. I ran a 9.71 at 139mph. I was happy with the 60's and 1/8th mile times but I need to work on the back half of the track. I've never been driven around like that. Robs truck is insane!

12582968-A341-46ED-B122-61412B3BA92C_zpsswd8pdrr.jpg

Back