DT466 build questions.

You can also use the "contact us" on their page, and usually Max himself will answer your questions. That's where I got the "1000hp for $10k" and "600hp on stock injectors" from.
Ron, an in-frame kit for a 466 is one of the cheapest out there. I see cheap crap ones for around 1200, but OEM is the way to go, and those are at least 1400......depending on the dealer.

I'm not looking for the cheapest way to go. What I'd really like to do is buy a properly built long block. I'm sure that there are alot of little tricks these guys have learned over the years. Tricks that might make the difference between driving home and riding home.

What kind of power can be made with the stock cam?

Where can a fella look into buying a long block for a rebuild?

At what point do you need to beef up the bottom end?

What kind of power can be made with the stock cam?

Where can a fella look into buying a long block for a rebuild?

At what point do you need to beef up the bottom end?
From what Hypermax says, 600hp is the line to where the real money starts to spend. You could probably get 1000hp from a stock everything internal, but it's cheap insurance to make a good build out of it. The bottom end, as far as my comfort level would be anything past 4000rpm and/ or about 600hp. You can find core long blocks and "rebuilder" blocks at many truck bone yards across the country. I saw one for 1000, and it was a 95 with a P-pump too.

I got quotes from 2 places on the build. Out of my league for sure. Modest build, minus the injectors would run 25k or so. That's for a power level that my 5.9 could approach. For a more substantial level, around 45k without fuel system. By the time fuel, tranny, and new chargers were factored in, it would probably be in the 70k range.

I got quotes from 2 places on the build. Out of my league for sure. Modest build, minus the injectors would run 25k or so. That's for a power level that my 5.9 could approach. For a more substantial level, around 45k without fuel system. By the time fuel, tranny, and new chargers were factored in, it would probably be in the 70k range.

Well.......I'm out...:bang

Back