Duramax/Alli in a Super Duty

Good deal. I didn't think it was anything aftermarket lol. Was trying to figure the whole vacuum deal out

Sent from my flashscan v2

Nice install. I need his custom cummins/allison badges now that it is DMAXED.

Here is what the new badges will look like.
adamsbadges_zps8d2bc64d.jpg

I really can't believe I missed this thread great job.Very impressive!

Dale

Yeah I think the title keeps people from looking. Might need to have a mod change it.

Hi!
Very impressive project! It looks very well!

A have a pair questions:
How did you connect the NP transfer to Allison?
And what transfer do you use 271 or 273 ?

-Alex

Hi!
Very impressive project! It looks very well!

A have a pair questions:
How did you connect the NP transfer to Allison?
And what transfer do you use 271 or 273 ?

-Alex

It still runs the destroked adapter for that also the Allison tail shaft has been drilled for the speed sensor normallyin the gm tcase.

Just a little update to this, if anyone else does this conversion the 6.0L radiator is WAY to efficient for the duramax. There was plenty of trouble keeping the truck above 130 degrees going down the highway and would barely do 150 in traffic.

Just a little update to this, if anyone else does this conversion the 6.0L radiator is WAY to efficient for the duramax. There was plenty of trouble keeping the truck above 130 degrees going down the highway and would barely do 150 in traffic.

Put in new OEM t-stats. Even in 0 degree weatehr I could get up to 170-180 in mine. If the stats are working then the oversized radiator is no issue. Aftermarket t-stats don't seal very well and can also cause this.

Put in new OEM t-stats. Even in 0 degree weatehr I could get up to 170-180 in mine. If the stats are working then the oversized radiator is no issue. Aftermarket t-stats don't seal very well and can also cause this.

That was my first though since a few other things were overlooked and reused by the builder so I put brand new oem stats in and same issue. It was a little better but still not right. It would not get to temp to even open the tstat. Built a winter front for it and it works great now.

After doing some reading in factory dmax literature they even say the oem dmax cooling system was designed too efficient and would likely need a winter front. I know the 6.0 had more cooling capacity than a dmax. Only other option would be if the tstat is getting bypassed but I dont really see that happening.

Nice work!!! Any under dash pictures of the a/c?
Thanks,
Deo

No pictures but there is not much to see just a vintage air setup and some duct work. Pretty much if you take 10 gallons of **** and put it in a 5 gallon bucket you would see what it looks like. :lolly:

Back