Duramax Tuner quoted me $10k to do twins, tranny and tuning

Why don't you ask the guys who bought his rods how good his reputation is?

Did you lose an engine to one of there sets of rods? You seem to bring those rods up anytime someone points to duramaxtuner still being towards the top of the list. Do they still offer those rods? Are they still in business with a variety of happy customers that outnumber the dis satisfied customers by alot?

You cant please all the people all the time, and over time you make decisions and have snags in business that you pay for with blemishes on your reputation or worse. The fact remains, if his happy customers didn't outweigh his dissatisfied customers, he probably wouldn't still be in business and considered to be somewhere near the top.

Did you lose an engine to one of there sets of rods? You seem to bring those rods up anytime someone points to duramaxtuner still being towards the top of the list. Do they still offer those rods? Are they still in business with a variety of happy customers that outnumber the dis satisfied customers by alot?

You cant please all the people all the time, and over time you make decisions and have snags in business that you pay for with blemishes on your reputation or worse. The fact remains, if his happy customers didn't outweigh his dissatisfied customers, he probably wouldn't still be in business and considered to be somewhere near the top.

No I didn't lose an engine to them, and I don't bring it up that often. I HAVE looked at some of his tunes from people who were disatisfied with his tuning, and was less than impressed with what I seen. Jumpos of over 20% from one cell to another, and then a jump of only 2% in the next. It was no wonder these guys were seeking out people to help smooth out there power surge issues. From what I have seen of his work, I would not use him for tuning.

No I didn't lose an engine to them, and I don't bring it up that often. I HAVE looked at some of his tunes from people who were disatisfied with his tuning, and was less than impressed with what I seen. Jumpos of over 20% from one cell to another, and then a jump of only 2% in the next. It was no wonder these guys were seeking out people to help smooth out there power surge issues. From what I have seen of his work, I would not use him for tuning.

Now you have got me wanting to look at my tunes. The only thing i really had to change was the MAF tables.

I HAVE looked at some of his tunes from people who were disatisfied with his tuning, and was less than impressed with what I seen. Jumpos of over 20% from one cell to another, and then a jump of only 2% in the next. It was no wonder these guys were seeking out people to help smooth out there power surge issues. From what I have seen of his work, I would not use him for tuning.

X2. It is hard to even tell if the tunes were touched at all. they looked like canned tunes.

I like how this goes from a 600 hp build to a 750 to 800 hp build. them big tires and rims are going to kill that truck still i no it will fill like a boat load of power but just remember your tranny will always suffer

I like how this goes from a 600 hp build to a 750 to 800 hp build. them big tires and rims are going to kill that truck still i no it will fill like a boat load of power but just remember your tranny will always suffer

Well it jumped up because I will have the engine apart anyway so ill just built now and have some fun.

Why don't you ask the guys who bought his rods how good his reputation is?

*bdh* I guess that's what happens when you try to help advance the diesel industry...

To the OP, my brother has an 07 LBZ with a wcfab.com stock/480 twin kit, 45% exergy's, and an 85% industrial pump. He did 760hp on the duramaxtuner dyno the other day. Truck drives very nice, clean, and gets 18mpg on that same tune.

*bdh* I guess that's what happens when you try to help advance the diesel industry...

To the OP, my brother has an 07 LBZ with a wcfab.com stock/480 twin kit, 45% exergy's, and an 85% industrial pump. He did 760hp on the duramaxtuner dyno the other day. Truck drives very nice, clean, and gets 18mpg on that same tune.

Thats awesome, I haven't started building yet so it is still unclear what parts will be used, I don't think my truck will have and II stuff in it how ever. I have heard some unsettling things about there cp3s. But thats just stuff I have heard I myself have no experience with them.

II pumps are junk! Their "85%" pump will never bench flow that. Only reason he has it on there is because I blew the same pump apart on my truck, then had it rebuilt and put on his. I took the Danville pump off his while mine was down so i could get mine going again. If I had to choose again, Wicked, Exergy, and Floor-it all make quality pumps.

II pumps are junk! Their "85%" pump will never bench flow that. Only reason he has it on there is because I blew the same pump apart on my truck, then had it rebuilt and put on his. I took the Danville pump off his while mine was down so i could get mine going again. If I had to choose again, Wicked, Exergy, and Floor-it all make quality pumps.

Floor it is what I have been looking into.

Okay so duramax tuner quoted me 10k to put a Gmax 5 in the tranny with a torque converter for me to buy a twin turbo kit from them and have it installed and to have the truck tuned ( turbo kit includes tuning). What is your thoughts on this everyone. Seems a little steep. They told me the tranny will take close to 15-16 hours and then the turbos will cost me yet another 22-25 hours of labor at least. Keep in mind this is at $80 an hour shop labor. There has got to be a better solution. I'm willing to spend the money if this seems reasonable but 25 hours to put a pre-made turbo kit in seems a little long to me. So my questions are, what tranny kit should I use, what is best to hold a little over 600 at the wheels and last. Also i would really like to use a twin turbo setup that uses the stock charger, what would you all recomend for this. Help me out here guys now that the time has come to do all of this I'm a little frazzeled. :aiwebs_024: I have looked into the alligator Stage 5 kits and the PPE stage 5 kits but I dont know to much about the suncoast stuff.

10k that's a deal dude... Are you doing lift pump.. head studs...? Motor work.. hell most head jobs on 6.0's with studs goes for 4-6 k depending on what goodies you want on and that's not including go fast parts those are OEM parts minus the studs..

10k that's a deal dude... Are you doing lift pump.. head studs...? Motor work.. hell most head jobs on 6.0's with studs goes for 4-6 k depending on what goodies you want on and that's not including go fast parts those are OEM parts minus the studs..

10k was just tranny, turbo, and generic tunes not even custom tunes on the dyno. I'm not saying that dmax tuner is bad in any way, just a little pricey. I'm sure there work is worth it but just not in my budget when I have guys around here with just as much experience that will do the work cheaper. But I understand that they have huge over head with there facility's and employ's so they charge what they charge.

10k was just tranny, turbo, and generic tunes not even custom tunes on the dyno. I'm not saying that dmax tuner is bad in any way, just a little pricey. I'm sure there work is worth it but just not in my budget when I have guys around here with just as much experience that will do the work cheaper. But I understand that they have huge over head with there facility's and employ's so they charge what they charge.

yeah thats pricey... granted all the work to hang twins.. all the relocating of things.. it may be cheaper to buy the tranny your self.. ( what ever you choose and just have them charge you labor for install) whitch would be like...... 6-8 hrs.

I've always liked the idea of two pumps sharing the load instead of one large pump. Seems more efficient and easier on the pumps themselves. Good choice

yeah thats pricey... granted all the work to hang twins.. all the relocating of things.. it may be cheaper to buy the tranny your self.. ( what ever you choose and just have them charge you labor for install) whitch would be like...... 6-8 hrs.

I'm having my tranny built, and my twins are completely custom as well. I dident want a "kit". The turbo I'm getting with Dylan is also better then what comes with the dmax tuner kit. Plus my truck is getting tuned on the dyno.

I'm having my tranny built, and my twins are completely custom as well. I dident want a "kit". The turbo I'm getting with Dylan is also better then what comes with the dmax tuner kit. Plus my truck is getting tuned on the dyno.

the duramax tuner "standard" twin kit includes mores features than any other "standard" twin kit on the market.

Back