DV holder ?'s

dirtydozen

it is what it is
just curious on the benefits of bigger DV holders? probly not much without bigger lines with them ehh? i got a guy that says he can machine 'em for me, i was just curious if they are worth it and what sizes are common to go with?

any info appreciated, thanks

Over Sized DV Holders - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

The theory is that the small .025" hole in them is a restriction, but they are actually a valve.
figure13.jpg

I haven't seen anyone port any before vs after results between modified and stock ones. Some think they work, but no one has proven it yet.

I ran some and didn't notice any difference but I'm not pushing the limits by any stretch.

really, so u noticed no change at all? not even smoke/egt's?

and do the diff pumps (160, 180, 215) have diff holders?

really, so u noticed no change at all? not even smoke/egt's?

and do the diff pumps (160, 180, 215) have diff holders?

All the Dodge/Cummins application pumps use the same style DV holders...

I've swapped them onto trucks and not noticed any difference. The gain I see for them is in a high rpm engine (sled pulling) when the fuel is being delivered in an extremely short window by 13mm or larger plungers...keeps it from bottle-necking fuel flow, relative to time being delivered

i did (at one time) buy some .093 holders and lines from a buddy of mine and i liked them. They did pick up the power quite a bit. YES........... egts went up but the wot s.o.t.p. was totally different than stock. Remember this was years ago.

Lance

215 pump on a 24v the larger holders gained about 10 hp.

Back