ebay trans kits?

If you can't afford to fix it right then you should consider a car with spark plugs. The only way you'll get the full effect of a good rebuild kit from Goerend or Suncoast is if you run their VB and converter, otherwise stock parts are what you need.

Just hopped on goerends website and looked at the 48re they have, its listed for 3950 but doesnt give a summary of how much its built to hold.

Pm'd lavon also so hoping to hear back from him, when i say price is an issue im talking about not spending 5500-7000 on a transmission.

Last edited:
Goerend has trans rebuilders set up all across the country. Your best bet would be to send them an email asking who is closest to you and leave them do the rebuild so you get a warranty.

Dude you popped off to two of us saying we have you smart azz remarks. Give me a break. I'm not pushing a company one bit. But maybe I have bought cheap parts and they have failed. So guess what? I don't do that crap any more. You have to pay to play most time. Sure you can save a buck or two here and there but a Trans is not sonething I want to save in by going to eBay.

ive used them, they are transtec seals and raybests clutches, same thing i can get at the parts house

Talk with Lavon again, have him give you some prices. Odds are that he can build you a better transmission, for a little less money than you would get with any "kit".
I cooked the clutches and 2nd gear band in my Suncoast kit after only 7k miles. Listen to what Lavon has to say about what he can offer you, he is the man when it comes to performance transmissions.
$.02

Back