ED Turbo Suggestion.....

D45

I am going to start saving up for a new turbo, to replace my truck's tiny BD Super B Single.........

Currently Mods:
MBRP 5" Straight Pipe
CFM+ Intake Manifold
IceBox Intake
Air Dog 150
ATS Pulse Flow Exhaust Manifold
SMARTY SR POD
Built 48RE Trans with Goerend 900/300 TC

Fuel Mods:
-II 85% Dragon Flow CP3
-Air Dog 150
-T&C Diesel Wild Fuel Rail
-T&C Diesel CPRV

The only thing left to buy are some 100 HP nozzles.....

I know my Super B Single will get really warm, really fast, when I install the nozzles and the II aftermarket CP3

I tow ocassionally, maybe 3-5 times per month, about 6 months out of the year......mostly a street driven, daily driver

What size SINGLE turbo should I consider, that will bolt up to the ATS Pulse Flow and not require a new downpipe?

I have a Georend 900/30 Triple Disk converter.......

My current BD Super B Single:
57/65/14
870 CFM

Any info, input, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A 62/68/14 would be a good one. I have a 66/68/14 and I tow just can't lug the engine with big loads.

i love my 64/74/14 i can still tow anything but i'm a stick, not sure how it will work with an auto.... temps are good will hit 1500 in the 1/4 mile, i only have it pushing 40psi right now. it still spools great with my sticks.... Chris will get you the turbo you need for what you want to do...

Thanks for the info!

What HP nozzles are you running?

50% = ?

With the fuel you will have, the tire size and that converter i would run our 63/68/14. It has a good blend of low end spool and top end air flow to help you run cooler. The 10 bladed turbine is a major improvement over the current one you're running. If you email me your shipping address I will get you a shipped total so we can get it going. Chris

With the fuel you will have, the tire size and that converter i would run our 63/68/14. It has a good blend of low end spool and top end air flow to help you run cooler. The 10 bladed turbine is a major improvement over the current one you're running. If you email me your shipping address I will get you a shipped total so we can get it going. Chris

Chris,
Thanks a ton for the info, I really appreciate it!

Do you think your 68/74/14 is just too large?

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a 110% bolt on turbo?

I am running an ATS Pulse Flow Manifold with a 5" MBRP exhaust, with my stock 03/04 turbo elbow.....

Will the stock oil feed lines and stock oil drain lines line up and be compatible?

Last edited:
For what you said you were going to do, the 68 comp would not be my choice, 66/74 maybe with a tighter turbine housing but down low it will not be as friendly with that converter/tire combo. As long as your manifold is the 3rd gen style pulse flow it will bolt on, oil feed adapter will accept your stock line, oil drain will line up, the 4" air intake and 2 3/4" compressor outlet are just like the stock one, and the cast elbow will clamp up after you pull the alignment pins out.

Ok thanks for the info.......the pins were already removed when I mounted the BD Super B Single turbo

Yes, I have the 3RD Gen ATS Pulse Flow....

I was also looking at the BD Special, which is a 64/71/14

How would the Special compare to the 63/68/14 that you suggested?

This will have much better low end with almost every bit of the same top end flow. This set up has taken over all of the 64/71 charger business we used to do. Each one is built on a case by case basis for each truck rather than the mass produced approach the others use. The build and machining tolerances of them are all over the map as mass produced parts tend to be in order to keep costs low. Hard to predict the outcome or control things with wide open parameters in such a critical part of the puzzle. Chris

The only thing left to buy are some 100 HP nozzles.....

i have 100hp nozzles i need to get rid of the only thing is that they are off of an 05 so idk if they would work or not? let me know if they would be something you would be interested in

come on D, keep that B and stuff a fat one under it, you know deep down you dream of twins, just do it. PM turboluvr and see what he suggests, he knows his stuff.

come on D, keep that B and stuff a fat one under it, you know deep down you dream of twins, just do it. PM turboluvr and see what he suggests, he knows his stuff.

:Cheer: I agree, our air setups are twins, and I wouldn't go back to a single...

Chris,
Can you send me a PM with a price for the 63/68/14 please.........

Thanks for the info!

What HP nozzles are you running?

50% = ?

I was told by Extrode that the 50% are anywhere between 100 to 110hp but what ever Chris says will work the best for what you want is what you should run... Good luck

Chris,
Will this sized turbo get hot, if the Smarty SR is turned all the way up to #9 tune?

WHat about fueling this turbo.......will 90 HP nozzles be good? What about nozzles as large as 120s?

Chris,
Will this sized turbo get hot, if the Smarty SR is turned all the way up to #9 tune?

WHat about fueling this turbo.......will 90 HP nozzles be good? What about nozzles as large as 120s?

Im gonna say that the 63/68/14 is gonna be best fit with 90-100hp nozzles and id say the 68 10 blade turbine wheel will do a great job with egt's, if you decide on the 120's you may want to swap the 68 to a 74 turbine wheel.... or move to a 66...... to many decisions!

Id say the 63/68/14 is gonna be your turbo!

Last edited:
Back