EFILive 6.7L 07-09 Public Release

EFI Support

Comp Diesel Sponsor
EFILive is pleased to announce the much anticipated release of the first PC based data scanning and custom tuning software for the 2007-2009 6.7L Dodge Cummins ECM to complement our industry leading GM Gas and Diesel and 5.9L Dodge Cummins Custom Tuning / Scanning programs.

Our PC Scan Tool is considered by many to be the most powerful Scan Tool on the market, allowing users to quickly and efficiently monitor and log vital data on the chosen vehicle. Why guess what your vehicle is doing, when you can see exactly what is going on?

EFILive's Scan Tool gives users the ability to choose between pre-selected data parameter lists on the 07-09 6.7L Cummins to monitor in real time just like the Cummins Insite scan tool can. Of course you can also read and clear fault codes as well as totally customize the look of all charts and gauges.

EFILive's PC based tuning package is the first of it's kind for the Cummins, this will change the way you think about electronic performance add-ons. You have full control over what the ECM does, no more one size fits all tunes, you can customize any of the tables and parameters available in this initial release that control how your engine operates any way you desire.

No need for add on boxes that 'fool' or 'alter' the ECM signals for more performance, and no more half truths about what your ECM is and isn't capable of doing. Just 5 minutes to reprogram any changes you make and away you go. Simply log your vehicle after flashing to generate the data to fine tune your truck so it behaves exactly how you want it to.

Functionality Summary
In less than 3 months of BETA testing we've developed solutions for a range of functions that consumers want/need.

Flashing:
  • Flash time (under 5 mins)
  • No DTC's set/No fuse removal required/on at end of flash.
  • Interrupted reflash full recovery ok.
  • Identification of files unsuitable for reading/flashing.
  • Tuner locking – Professional tuners can protect their intellectual property by preventing the reading of their Custom Tunes.
  • Standalone reading/flashing/data logging
Tuning:
Stock beta trucks have reported better street manners, improved MPG, and gains in power.

Drag Racing testers have set new ET and MPH records with just tuning changes alone.

This release includes:
  • Over 60+ tuning parameters.
  • RPM limiters – fully fuelled beyond 3,800RPM. As with 5.9L support, we will continue to work beyond these limits with those people who have the capability and the need for higher RPM's and fuel. EFILive is still the ONLY 5.9L tuner to offer full fuelling up to (or above) 5,500 RPM.
  • Drive-ability improvements made - good street manners with power. No surging or touchy throttle, no fuel hang.
  • Specific parameter tuning to suit customer's requirement (ie altitude, towing, racing, MPG)
  • Fuel pressure limiter can be raised beyond 26,000 PSI
  • Total control over injection timing and amount for three of the five injection events (pilot, main & post). (Yes there are 5 injection events mapped in the ECM)
  • VGT control
We don't shy away from the fact that there is still plenty of development that needs to take place, but these initial results indicate that our first 6.7L release moves Cummins Tuning forward significantly.

Scan Tool:
The most important advancement for Cummins Customers - there is now no need to guess what is happening with your truck when you make tuning changes.
  • Most comprehensive Scan Tool on the market
  • PID group selection to assist users in data logging key parameters
  • Multiple ways to display data to assist with interpretation - 3D charts, strip charts, dashboards as well as individual cell data.
Expected Future Development:
We fully expect that after our initial release, we'll be working with our customer base to extend our product further. There is enough in this tuning software release to make some serious power (it's already been done in testing), and remove those traditional annoyances. Functionality for racing applications now moves into development.

As with our Cummins 5.9L release we expect that there will be a number of software updates over the coming months to add additional functionality. We expect to work with customers who tune their vehicles for specific purposes and grow our parameter offerings to allow for greater control over the ECM.

Future releases aim to include:
  • Functionality for racing applications.
  • Transmission tuning. This release also includes the first public offering of Transmission tuning for the 06-07 5.9L. 07-09 6.7L Transmission tuning is high on our development list.
  • 2009+ 6.7L tuning support - our beta program will commence in the new year.
  • 2003-2005 5.9L Beta – development will commence after 2009+ 6.7L support is released. Dates are not yet available.
  • CSP – Cummins Switchable Tuning. Use an EFILive Custom OS to switch tunes on the fly.

Whilst we are not the first to market a tuning solution for the 6.7L Cummins, we will certainly turn the traditional Cummins tuning methods on their heads. We are confident that those customers who purchase our product will not be disappointed.

So what do I need and what will it cost?

There are many ways to get EFILive on your truck.

1. You can purchase FlashScan V2 and tune yourself.
  • Pricing for FlashScan V2 with the Dodge Cummins Tuning License is $899.Each
  • FlashScan V2 with the Dodge Cummins Tuning License ships with 2 VIN licenses to tune any 2 supported Dodge Cummins vehicles.
  • Existing FlashScan V2 GM customers can simply purchase the Cummins Tuning Option license.
  • For excellent service and support, contact your EFILive reseller to arrange your purchase.
Alternatively;
You can go to a Performance Shop who uses EFILive and pay for a professional tune to be installed; or
You can go to Professional Tuner and purchase an AutoCal device, which simply put is a plug and play handheld with custom tunes written by the Tuner in EFILive.

Pricing for the above will be dependent on the services you purchase and from whom.

This software release, and release information can be downloaded here
Please read the instructions CAREFULLY; specifically
You must uninstall the current publicly released V7.5 and V8 software prior to installing this release candidate.

With our initial Cummins 5.9L release we created a Cummins specific quick start guide for new users. We are in the process of updating that document, however much of the information remains relevant. This can be downloaded here

Other features in this release:
  • File structure changes - ctd v's *.ctz file format
  • New software installer implemented. New installer will make updates simpler in future releases
  • Transmission tables for Cummins 5.9L ECM's added
  • 20 degree timing offset for Cummins fixed.
  • Added support for new GM and Cummins OS's

Cheers
Cindy

Any other way to get the cummins quick start guide? It won't work for me. Also what download do I want? The first one that is 91mb or the second one that is 33 mb?

I got the quick start guide to work, turns out it won't load if you go to a different page while waiting for it to download.

I read the quick start guide and it looks like I need both of them so please disregard my question.

This is going to make a lot of folks happy. now these guys can see what i get to see... EVERYTHING

I had EFI in my truck Dec 2 at the PRI race so NAHHHHHH

Can someone help a retard out, I can't get it to read my truck. I'm getting $0311 after I hit "read"... it blinks all my lights on my dash, pauses for a sec then an error box pops up That says $0311 Mode Not Supported ($11).

I'm as green as they come with this, I'm running build 180 (for 6.7 beta testing) with the latest firmware and boot block, tried un plugging, restarting, cycling key... nothing just gets to $0311 and stops reading...

Beers on me at the next event to the guy that helps this retard...

I had EFI in my truck Dec 2 at the PRI race so NAHHHHHH

Can someone help a retard out, I can't get it to read my truck. I'm getting $0311 after I hit "read"... it blinks all my lights on my dash, pauses for a sec then an error box pops up That says $0311 Mode Not Supported ($11).

I'm as green as they come with this, I'm running build 180 (for 6.7 beta testing) with the latest firmware and boot block, tried un plugging, restarting, cycling key... nothing just gets to $0311 and stops reading...

Beers on me at the next event to the guy that helps this retard...

Version 8.2.1. What was on your truck before?? IE SMARTY, H&S.. Was it returned to stock. Some of the smarty stuff has a different OS than they've encountered.

Yes version 8.2.1, truck was 25ME smarty before, was trying to read that one... tomorrow when i have more time i'll go all the way to stock and try and read it again to see if it was a smarty issue

If you're running a Smarty and you recently updated it, you may not even be able to read the "stock" file that's on it.

It's not an EFILive error.

Yes version 8.2.1, truck was 25ME smarty before, was trying to read that one... tomorrow when i have more time i'll go all the way to stock and try and read it again to see if it was a smarty issue

Might want to take a visit to the dealer.. Get a flash back to stock. Smarty isn't very nice. Even in stock form. Even the older versions. But especially the new ones.. Sorry..

He type's faster. LOL. What Cummin-a-Long said..

BTW- I even tried to do one of the old recovery files. No go.

Last edited:
grr.

should i try a manual recovery file and go back to an old version of smarty that i've got saved?

Back