EFILive Beta First Impressions

Anyone got a line on efilive tuning in the northern Ca area? Would appreciate it.thanks

I do all the tuning (EFI, Smarty,etc.) for Left Coast Diesel in Concord Ca...East Bay Area.

~Les

I have to say, this has been a GREAT thread to read along with (besides the nonsense and repeated questions). The ideas and progression here is amazing to say the least and i want to give a big thanks to all the beta testers and current tuners out there for all the man hours involved.

I say this because very soon, one of you tuners are going to get part of my paycheck for making the most out of my new setup. Normally, i do everything (and i do mean everything) myself but i think on this one i will leave it to the experts.

Now the question is.. out of all the guys that have been with it since the beginning, who gets the business? I guess its a good thing tuning problems can be solved via e-mail because i am always on the road!

congrats to every one with their hand in the cookie jar and major props to all that the future holds for EFIlive!

I dont think the 5.9 is dead, weve already seen some great updates and expanded tables that have been huge, at least to me they were, and Im sure there are plenty more to come, they just have to work on multiple platforms at once. Im sure business would tank if they decided to concentrate on one or two platforms instead of all the ones they do now...
That being said, I cant wait to see how it turns out for the 6.7s.

So is the 5.9 dead, what happened to all the updates promised???

I count 8 separate releases since our first 5.9L release on June 3. I think that 6 of those releases included additions for the 5.9L.

The 6.7L BETA update DOES make reference to further updates on the 5.9L

6.7L Flashing was ironed out months ago, and once we iron out some additional testing with the 5.9L we expect Ross to be spending about 60-80% of his time on 6.7L development. Like all development, the timing of this will be dependent on how much time the previous step takes. This progress has come at a good time, because Ross can't start until he has a good selection of files to work with.

I guess the thing should be pointed out is with development that lots of projects need to move along at the same time. It takes time to get feedback from our testers, it takes time for code to move from development to BETA, then be approved before finally moving into production, then post production support.

It would be foolish to only work on 1 project at a time. If we did, for the past 4 days we would have been sitting on our hands just waiting for the feedback to roll in to start the next phase of testing.

Our beta testers are not employees of EFILive, they volunteer their time, and trucks and we appreciate their feedback. We are mindful that our customers and beta testers need to balance testing with their other commitments like their jobs, families, customers etc. We are also mindful of time zone differences - it's 3.15pm and 5.15pm Friday night where our developers are located, and between 8pm Thursday night and midnight for our testers.

What we've done in this instance is finish 6.7L reading so testers can submit files over the next 2-3 weeks at their leisure so when 5.9L does reach the next stage we don't have to wait to gather this information before starting.

Cheers
Cindy

Not to sound stupid, but what are these 6 updates for the 5.9?
Trans tuning? Swichable tuning?

Is their another thread on these updates (for the 5.9) that I am Missing?

Latest one was for a OS now supported, one before that was 2 new tables (new fuel limiter and EQ ratio limiter). Before that it was intake heater control, speedo adjust, and speed limiter. 3 updates I'm pretty sure, 6 items.

Im real impressed with the whole EFILive team as a whole. Who else are you going to get this kind of support from?

Not to sound stupid, but what are these 6 updates for the 5.9?
Trans tuning? Swichable tuning?

Is their another thread on these updates (for the 5.9) that I am Missing?

Changes in each software release are included in the "Whats New" document available on the Downloads page for public releases, and in the software release post for pre-release software.

The below is a summary of the Cummins changes since our first public release.

Build 164 (Jun 03, 2011)
- Selecting a new controller from the File menu in the Scan Tool should now load the appropriate enhanced PIDs (either Cummins or GM).
- Added warning to Cummins calibration screen that indicates whether a file is safe to flash or not, if still flashed the flash will fail with error code $0301.

Build 165 (Jun 08, 2011)
- Installer now automatically updates the cal_summary.txt file with the latest Cummins calibration summary options.

Build 167 (Jun 24, 2011)
* Updated Cummins calibrations to include
o Speed Limiter adjustment.
o Tire size adjustment.
o Intake Air Heater control.
* scaling for Cummins injector balance rate Scan Tool PIDs.

July 27 update (Pre-release).
Added two more limiting tables, E2536 & E2567 for Cummins.

Aug 5 update (Pre-release).
Added support for new Cummins 5.9 OS: 11352408

In addition to these functions, there are additional parameters that remain in beta pending adequate results and testing.

Switchable tuning and Trans tuning are not part of the current BETA project, and will probably not be looked at until 6.7L support is released.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy is the BBR & BBL going to in the next release? Thanks for all the hard work

Please don't forget us poor 05 guys

FORGET US???????.....
They have NO INTEREST in us,thats something you need to understand like many of us with those trucks already have.

Back