elect water pump

Cummins Express

ok what happend to the thread on electic water pump I cant find but if you can help with the question i had on them

how is the belt ran to the alt

Last edited:
Chris (Signature600) will have one on his truck in a week or two. I'm guessing it routes the belt like this since the tensioner pushes clockwise.

Attachments

• belt.jpg
    belt.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 95
since I don't have anything hanging off the fan hub was hopping they had it set up to get rid of everything but the alt

let me know how it turns out would love to be able to circulate water after the race

Cummins Express said:
since I don't have anything hanging off the fan hub was hopping they had it set up to get rid of everything but the alt

let me know how it turns out would love to be able to circulate water after the race

That's what I'm going for!

Chris

There is a new source for these and the price is around $200 cheaper than they currently are!

Doug

Brett,

Give me a call. I spoke with the distributor this weekend at Fall Brawl. There was a prototype there, the reatil versions will be available in 2 weeks or so.

Doug

Doug there was a post on here some were about them figure it must have got booted for som guide line infrigement

yes, it was removed (looking to get it reposted, checking into becoming a sponsor or someting) please pm with any questions

scot

Here are a few pics of Beta unit

Attachments

• H2O-1.jpg
    H2O-1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 71
  • H2O-2.jpg
    H2O-2.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 80
  • H2O-3.jpg
    H2O-3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 67
Are these going to be streetable or strictly for competition use?

Interesting. I wonder how much power is going to be free'd up when this is coupled with an electric fan. Does this new pump flow any more than the factory one? How many amps does it pull? Do yall think that with this pump and the electric fans you could keep the truck cool enough in heavy traffic with the AC on in 100+* days or am I still having a wet dream about this?

The pumps main advantage is going to be keeping the water pressure in check as rpm increases. The 12v guys have had a problem with this for awhile.... The cummins pump is a positive displacement pump, so the faster it spins the higher the pressure. The HP gain will be minimal. There is also the advantage to be able to keep water moving even after the engine is shutdown which will aid the competitive guys.

Jetpilot said:
The pumps main advantage is going to be keeping the water pressure in check as rpm increases. The 12v guys have had a problem with this for awhile.... The cummins pump is a positive displacement pump, so the faster it spins the higher the pressure. The HP gain will be minimal. There is also the advantage to be able to keep water moving even after the engine is shutdown which will aid the competitive guys.

x2...I don't want to have to screw with any blown freeze plugs, or clipping the water pump impeller. With electric fans, I can circulate cool water up until the point that thermostat closes, then I can still circulate water inside the block to continue cooling down...not too mention I can cool the charger down too:D

Might not help a thing, might gain some longevity...who knows, but I think I like the concept!

Chris

Jetpilot said:
exactly, the cr i have has a plate over the rear freeze plug tapped out with a coolant bypass and a regulator to keep coolant pressure in check. Only problem is it wont clear my trans adaptor plate on the swap.

farmboysdiesel said:
Well tell us where they're coming from Doug........

These will be available from several of the vendors on this site. Sorry but presently I am not at liberty to say who all will be selling these but its nice to see a choice be available.

How much draw does an electric water pump have?

I don't see this as working very well with a daily driver. It amazes me how much draw the grid heater has when it is cycling. I can watch the fuel pressure drop 2-3 psi every time the heater cycles on and off. I can't imagine what its going to do to the electrical system with the heaters, FASS, and electric water pump all pulling at the same time.

You're right. They're not intended for daily drivers. They'll mainly help trucks wanting to circulate coolant after shutdown (read: competition). CSR waterpumps on gassers pull 12-15amps. Here's more info: http://csiperformance.com/tech2.html

Last edited:
Back